v . 1.01 "bugs & things not fixed"

PZ IIIF had 2 coaxial machineguns IRL and the model has 2 of them coaxial too and 1 on hull but the game only uses 1 on hull and 1 on coax, plz add the 2nd mg to coaxial

finnish pzivh (shouldnt it be pzivj by the way? atleast this page shows that finns had pzivj http://www.geocities.com/%7Efi1877/ ) model skin has slight errors the hull mg ball is way too much left and the spare trackwheels on right have some weird texture

and the info shows it has "skirts" but i believe finns removed them so it shouldnt be too hard job to remove them from the tank data too? (for realisms sake tongue.gif )

and in next patch, please correct the model to finnish stugs, and if possible add some extra armor to sides as finns often places logs there tongue.gif

(and logs to model too)

i had something more to say from stug but i forgot it ill put it here later when i remember it again :D

edit: and thx for the patch, i love the new models you added!

[ November 21, 2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: SuperHero ]

I found a little bug that might need some fixing. The Turan II (Late) with the skirts at view level 1 if you get in close, the turret itself becomes transparent so you can see through it yet the skirt on the side of the turret is still there. Just a little bug, not too urgent. Other than these small bugs the patch is great!

I have opened a topic on this, but as my topics seem to die a short death, I'll post it here as well.

QBs should have snow on the ground in ALL regions during the winter months. Or at least a high chance to have snow.

Right now, the south and central regions will only have snow in the winter if you set the weather to snow. This is completely unrealistic and I think it is a bigger issue than tank X not having the correct number of MGs.

Yet, this is overlooked all the time!!!

yeah psw 234/4 model is what we REALLY need,

shouldnt be too big job as you just need to longer the barrel of /3 model a bit

oh and danizen, about that IS-2 mg, germans dont have flexible mg on king tiger either!

achtungpanzer.com resources say that they had:

(1 x MG - hull)

(1 x MG - coaxial)

(1 x MG - cupola)

SuperHero,

Most tanks, especially German tanks, had roof mounted MGs for AA defense. They were generally not used during combat beacuse the Tank Commander would be completely vulnerable to enemy small arms fire. Kinda defeats the purpose of being in a tank smile.gif In fact, most German crews brought the MGs into the turret during combat to avoid having them suffer damage.

The only roof mounted MGs we simulate are ones that were generally used for ground combat. Some of the SU and ISU vehicles fit that description, as well as the shield mounted MGs on StuGs.

Oh, and the 234/4 is a nightmare to model. Open hull vehicles like this are the worst to do. Doesn't matter how small and cute it is, they suck smile.gif

Steve

i did a test with pz III f and pz III g and im 99% sure that pz3f doesnt have 2 coaxial mgs..

i put some soviet inf to open ground and rotated hull away from them so they couldnt use hull mg

pz 3f has 2 coaxial mgs in real life and pz3g has 1

ingame both tanks shooted as much tracers

so it doesnt look like it has 2 coaxial

not biggie thingy but just something that can come in handy in summer 41 battles

Originally posted by kevsharr:

From the photo's I have in my reference book's Battlefront is correct,the IS-2 does not have a hull mg,the driver is centered in the hull.

We had this discussion a couple of months back. Some IS-2s had a hull MG mounted to the right and somewhat behind the driver. If present, it was accessed from the main fighting compartment. From the way it's set up, I doubt that it could be aimed; you would have to point the whole tank and just spray that general direction.

Michael

Originally posted by illo:

This is too good product to be left unfinished.

I just think your customers deserve finished product?

Or don't we?

I think the majority of us here are absolutely impressed by CMBB and would say that it is not 'unfinished'.

Any additional ammendments BTS choose to do is just icing on the cake.

Mace

Originally posted by illo:

This is too good product to be left unfinished.

I just think your customers deserve finished product?

Or don't we?

If you'll pardon me for saying so, I think it's a little early to begin making accusations of that character. I believe BFC has mentioned that a 1.02 patch is anticipated. So the game is still far from being abandoned.

Michael