To All WineCape Tourney Vets

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Mr. Johnson of the Nordic Wannabee tourney is on the list. He will be among the Gladiators.

Well, ciks, Mr. Johnson, strider and myself ...

Only one man missing from oleĀ“ Chapter IV .

We have another Gladiator! Welcome, Kiwi Joe!

Kanonier Reichmann is also in. Welcome, KR!

The final slot in the main event goes to Ricochet who posted in the Wannabee thread his desire to play. Welcome, Ricochet!

From this point on players will be placed on a waiting list. See my earlier large post a page back for details.

Here is a tentative list of the final participants in the main event. Any who decide to bow out before the tourney begins will be replaced with backups in the order that they sign up.

1) Jarmo

2) The_Capt

3) Enoch

4) Kingfish

5) mPisi

6) JonS

7) redwolf

8) JeffWilders

9) Joseph Porta

10) John "Katyusha" Kettler

11) Thomas Norton

12) Cpl Carrot

13) Strider

14) Warhammer

15) THumpre

16) a1steaks

17) Wreck

18) redeker

19) Fate

20) StugIII

21) MrSpkr

22) CapitalistDogInChina

23) Holien

24) ciks

25) Ugbash

26) wadepm

27) Juha Ahoniemi

28) Fangorn

29) Scheer

30) Bimmer

31) Mattias

32) Jack Trap

33) Peter svensson

34) TexasToast

35) Michael Dorosh

36) Ali

37) Cogust

38) mike8g

39) Lopaka

40) Bertram

41) Tero

42) JPS

43) Torbhen

44) Mr. Johnson

45) Mick

46) Kiwi Joe

47) Kanonier

48) Ricochet

BACKUPS

1)

Treeburst155out.

Originally posted by Jarmo:

Well aint that quite a list. I suggest we do this in a way

that everybody plays everybody. Twice, so the influence

of luck is minimized. Sound good? :D

TCP/IP. We start Friday evening and play as much as possible by Monday morning. Points are added up, not averaged.

Married people get 1.5 times the points tongue.gif

M. Dorosh,

Force picking rules for designed scenarios?

Tripods for Russian MGs will NOT be available except for the little known lend/lease Brens.

Combined Arms,

You are number one on the waiting list. You will probably get in; but even if you don't there will be an overflow tourney that will be an exact duplicate of this one except for the prize. I will be providing the prize for that one. Rest assured you will play.

The_Capt,

Any scenario designers creating scenarios for this tourney will be made aware of who is on the player list so that they don't inadvertantly let a tourney player test a prospective scenario. This I have thought of. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.

.....and speaking of scenario designers, I have just found all the designers we need! In fact, I have found an entire team of designers who have offerred to produce ALL the scenarios for our upcoming WineCape CMBB tournament.

Our scenarios will be created by none other than the Boots & Tracks scenario design team!!

The Boots & Tracks team consists of seventeen people and is headed up by Team Leader, Ted Quincey (Superted). SuperTed is enthusiastic about the project and is determined to give us the quality scenarios we desire. Each scenario will be delivered to me as an "Official Boots & Tracks Scenario", having met the high standards required for such a distinction.

To find out more about Boots & Tracks, who the designers are, etc., go to BOOTS & TRACKS.

Let's hear it for the Boots & Tracks Scenario Design Team!! Thanks, guys!

Now we need only wait for CMBB to be released. At least I'm well out in front on this tourney. I can relax for awhile. I have a feeling we may have to wait some for the new game. The 3D modelling contest just ended a little while ago. How many new models will be in CMBB? 200? 250? How long does it take to do all that work?

Anyway, we're all lined up and ready to go when the game hits. While you guys are getting familiar with the game, Boots & Tracks will be working on our scenarios.

I'll keep this thread alive for people to get on the waiting list, and for people to bow out if Real Life goes on the offensive. Check this thread regularly for any new developments, my new Game Results and AAR Submission Procedures, etc.. This thread is the source for your CMBB tourney news.

Thanks again, Boots & Tracks!

Treeburst155 out.

[ April 21, 2002, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

The Gladiators

ciks

Great. I've ended up in a meat mincer.

"I'm super, thanks for asking..."

But doesn't this system of grouping players by their strength (and not seeding them) actually mean, that the winner of top section is very likely to win the whole tourney?

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Combined Arms,

You are number one on the waiting list. You will probably get in; but even if you don't there will be an overflow tourney that will be an exact duplicate of this one except for the prize. I will be providing the prize for that one. Rest assured you will play.

Treeburst155 out.

Great news! Just playing is the prize for me anyway.

Originally posted by WineCape:

KiwiJoe, I have re-posted your wines when the pitched up a month or 2 ago here in South Africa. Just drop me an e-mail when you've received the prize. Will at most take another month to get their via snailmail. Good to see you back into the swing of things. Sorry to hear that New Zealand lost the right to co-host the next Rugby World Cup with Australia :D

SuperTed and Boots & Tracks designer team, my gratitude in advance for your historical/semi-historical scenarios for the RoW tourney. Thank you!

Regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------------

"A man cannot make him laugh - but that's no marvel; he drinks no wine."

-- Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part 2

[ April 22, 2002, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

The waiting list:

1)Combined Arms

2)Uber General

3)Ari Maenpaa

4)Tuomas

Do not be dismayed, guys. There will be an overflow tourney exactly like the main event, but with a different prize provided by me. You WILL play if you want to.

ciks,

Yes, chances are very good whoever wins Section One will go all the way, but not necessarily. By creating the sections based on past performance more players have a better chance of at least becoming a Section Winner. Also, I figured the Uber players would enjoy the huge challenge of playing other Uber players, even if it means a significantly reduced chance of actually winning the section.

Having said that, I am very open to suggestions and willing to make any changes I feel will improve the tourney. I don't really understand how "seeding" works. If someone could explain it to me I might be willing to change things. ;)

Treeburst155 out.

Seeding is done by dividing the players into groups depending on their previous performance (like you have done) and then putting together the sections by taking one player from each group. This will give the better ranked players an easier matchup in their sections (they will not face people from the same ranking group in any case) and is most likely to produce the strongest finalist group possible as the 'best' players are spread out between the sections.

OK then, Combined Arms is now in the 48th slot with Uber General, Ari Maenpaa, and Tuomas on the waiting list, in that order.

Let's hear it for CapitalistDogInChina who has sacrificed his tourney fun in order to help Boots & Tracks with the scenarios. You will be missed, CapDog. Your sacrifice is admirable.

Treeburst155 out.