To All WineCape Tourney Vets

If you participated in the Wild Bill Tourney, the Nordic Championships, the Nordic Wannabee Tourney, the WineCape I tourney, or the WineCape II tourney, and have a good combat record (completed the tourney) you are guaranteed a slot in the CMBB tournament. You know who you are.

Please post here if you want to participate and feel you will have the free time. You will need to play 5-7 PBEM games in 90-120 days. Think carefully about the time committment before posting. I know it's early, but I want to stay ahead of this one as much as possible.

When I get an idea of how many people I need to accomodate I can decide on how best to structure the sections and playoffs. I will then be able to determine how many scenarios I need to make arrangements for. The scenarios will all be historical/semi-historical since those types seem to be the most popular.

Think about it, and post here if you want in. The tourney will probably begin 30-45 days after CMBB is delivered to customers in Australia and Europe.

If you are NOT a vet of one of the tourneys listed above, but you would like to play; please do not post here. Email me instead, and we can discuss it. Your acceptance will be subject to slots available, which depends on how the tourney is finally structured. You will also need to provide a phone number to be eligible to participate. I WILL be calling you before I let you in, whether you live in Perth or Pakistan. :D

Treeburst155 out.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe...this tourney won't start for quite awhile, Jarmo.

I forgot to mention that sections will be filled with players according to past performance. If you won your section in a previous tourney, you can bet you will be up against stiff competition in the CMBB tourney. This makes it more challenging for the uber players and gives the not-so-uber guys a decent chance to win their sections too.

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst,

tentative yes - as you say, the tourney is likely a fair ways out yet, so who knows what their committments will really be.

Glas to see you still planning and scheming though smile.gif ROW was great :D

Regards

JonS

If you won your section in a previous tourney, you can bet you will be up against stiff competition in the CMBB tourney. This makes it more challenging for the uber players and gives the not-so-uber guys a decent chance to win their sections too.
Well, if you're going by my performance in Nordic, I've nothing to fear. smile.gif Invitational would be another thing..

JK and Katyushas! LOL!! I'll need a 21' monitor and the full surround sound home theatre audio setup for that one. I'll be inviting the neighbors over for the "movies". :D

mPisi,

An IL-2 tourney, eh? Hmmmmm.....it could be played rather quickly too. Hmmmm......

Treeburst155 out.

Please count me in. Good to see the Nordic Wannabeess only changed your status to "cautious", not "broken".

(There is a small chance that I don't buy CMBB when it comes with a Talonsoft-liek copy protection or other excessivly disgusting stuff, but it is very small I think)

Katyushas firing en masse over open sights would indeed be spectacular, albeit way too exciting for the recipients. And it'd be historical, too!

I emphatically wish to play. Now, to figure out how to conjure up a suitable computer. At the rate my current one seems to be developing new ways to malfunction, I may shortly be left with a puddle of parts.

Regards,

John Kettler

Redwolf,

Actually, the Wannabee problems only lowered my morale to, "alerted". That's what I get for not screening players. On the plus side, I have more proven reliables on my list because of the Wannabee tourney. I even got the CM scoring expert!! smile.gif

Tincan,

It's good to know you're still out there. Welcome aboard! If you did poorly in your last tournament (I'll have to check), have no fear. I will put you with J. Porta and vskalex. They have a tendency to lose too. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.