What part of FlaK don't the 88's understand?!

Okay, I searched the archives and had another gander at the rule book, to no end.

Why don't the 88 mm FlaK (and similar medium calibre AA like 76 mm, although I've not looked at them) shoot at incoming planes?

Are they choosy, and I just haven't seen the right conditions for them to engage yet?

Are they not meant for the low fast targets (this is my guess)?

There's no mention in the rule book (or anywhere else that I can see) of AA fire being restricted to weapons below a certain calibre.

Thoughts...comments...offers to nominate me for a Nobel...

[ December 16, 2002, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Brent Pollock ]

Thank you for this fine thread.

Even I, as a non-Grog, found it 'magical'.

It's always lovely to see a thread begin with a belligerent, or even 'clueless' title, and then have the poster 'guess' the correct answer in his first post.

We look forward to many other fine, 'hey, this is stupid...unless, of course, this occurs to me' threads from you in the future.

[ December 17, 2002, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Wow Seanachai you have a lot of unresolved hostility!

If you find his post worthless move along, lest you waste more of your apparently quite precious time.

But, humm... no you took the time not only to read his post but to ridicule Mr. Pollock and point out in detail your perceptions of how his post fell short of your stringent guidelines. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by misery:

If you find his post worthless move along, lest you waste more of your apparently quite precious time.

But, humm... no you took the time not only to read his post but to ridicule Mr. Pollock and point out in detail your perceptions of how his post fell short of your stringent guidelines. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Hey if you find SenaScums posts worthless please send him a hate filled missive and don't annoy the rest of us with your appreciation of how MissSena has fallen short of your guidelines of being a proper chap.

He posted his address on the board for just this sort of occasion.

Please do a bloody search. :rolleyes:

[ December 17, 2002, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Bastables ]

Originally posted by misery:

Ah, but there was no charge, you see. Your error was in thinking my time is valuable.

But I thank you for your time. When a wise man reaches out to a fool, they become inextricably linked.

Sigh. Perhaps I've grown too sensitive to the near endless parade of threads that begin with 'Wot's Up With This?' 'How Come My Lack of Understanding Isn't Being Met With an Equal Lack of Reality', and 'BFC, Fix, or Do Somefink!'

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps I did this gentleman an injustice. Quite possibly he was simply being tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes it's hard to know.

But I don't have any 'unresolved' hostility, lad. I have a lot of applied hostility. Famous for it. But perhaps, as you think, this was a missaplied application.

Still, a bit of mockery doesn't seem completely out of order!

Solidarity with our Northern Brethren, and all that. Bit west of true north, of course. But treat it as the right one.

Originally posted by Bastables:

Hey if you find SenaScums posts worthless please send him a hate filled missive and don't annoy the rest of us with your appreciation of how MissSena has fallen short of your guidelines of being a proper chap.

He posted his address on the board for just this sort of occasion.

Please do a bloody search. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Bastables. We should make you the Official Kiwi of the Peng Challenge Thread

Bastables is quite right. Should you need to make your dislike manifest (as well you should), then go here:

Hate Seanachai

Or, of course, there's always email.

But I find that something handwritten is so much more satisfying. So traditional.

It just occured to me.

Since I seem do detect som SM tendencies in you Seanachai....

Have you ever considererd taking up cheating in Counter-Strike?

No ig you were to do this, and leave your adress there as well I'm certain that you'll recieve the attention you crave smile.gif

Why I'll bet some will even bother to come pay you a visit as well smile.gif

Originally posted by First Mate Detrius:

Have you ever considererd taking up cheating in Counter-Strike?

No ig you were to do this, and leave your adress there as well I'm certain that you'll recieve the attention you crave smile.gif

Why I'll bet some will even bother to come pay you a visit as well smile.gif

Hmm. You do realize it should have been 'Detritus'?

What is Counter-Strike? A game centered on convenience store labour disputes?

If they wish to come by, they're quite welcome. A little notice would be nice, of course, so I could tidy a bit.

As for masochism? I think not. I didn't ask for some rather piddling game of sexual dysfunction. I asked for good, honest hate.

And in this thread, I merely made the reference as an avenue for the expression of that hate. Don't project.

Seanachai,

Wow. Calm down, calm down. The peng thread doesn't have a monopoly on non-serious posting on this board. It is true that the number of less informed posts (and posters) have increased since the release of CMBB, but as I said before in another such thread, newcomers are either assimilated or expatriated - in this respect this forum has fewer democratic prejudices than other forums, and it generally serves to keep a high quality across the board. This is one of the reasons why I keep coming back to browse regularly, even if I generally keep quiet. (I learned my lesson on that long ago. I even posted in one of the peng threads.) But I think you should give newcomers a bit more time to adjust - otherwise potentially valuable contributors might be lost, and tensions may needlessly rise, as on this occasion.

Please excuse the moralizing tone. I could have worded this a bit less dryly, but it's getting late and I am in a rush to get that paper I'm working on done, and in any case my argument would have been the same.

Originally posted by Soddball:

Are you attacking my alter ego? I'll set MasterWaffleAleGood on you! :mad: :mad: :mad:

But MasterWaffleAleGood is your alter-alter-ego.

Anyway this thread is confusing me I thought Berli was supposed to be the nasty one and Seanipoos the nice one. BTS fix or do somefink!

Brent,

As an ex-denizen of the ASL mailing list, let me say welcome (and long time no see)!

You're right, as some have pointed out, that it's that they weren't able to track fast moving, low flying aircraft. Take a gander at your ASL rulebook on heavy AA and I think you'll see it discussed in a footnote there too.

Ok... would the Cesspoolers PLEASE remember why it is that long ago we put you in the gehto called The Peng Challenge? It is to keep you from making newbies and lurkers think that everybody on this Forum is a git. If they want to see gits in action, we all know where to send em smile.gif Now, sod off the lot of you!

I'm closing this one up because Brent's question was answered quite nicely. But this thread can only get more, uhm, useless if it remains open. So SNAP goes the padlock smile.gif

Steve