What Axis Minor ally ar you most looking forward to ?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

I would say the Italians, and I would like to see their semovente 90 self propelled anti-tank gun. I would also like to see their M13/40. Those are probably the most renowned of the Italian weapons, and Rommel liked the semovente, saying it was the Italians only reliable anti-tank weapons.

<hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry but no such AFVs were used on the Eastern Front by the Italians, you'll have to content yourself with light tanks and perhaps a few Semoventi da 47 (guess their main gun calibre... :D )

Regards,

Amedeo

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: Amedeo ]</p>

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, 1/2 my current games are Poles. Sure they don't have the equipment range of the brits but the Polish shouting is cool. They still get the excellent cromwell.

But a little more nationality customization would be nice, I'll agree with that. I want to try the Romanians in CMBB.

-marc

Does anyone else think that it would be cool to make a mod based on the Spanish civil war?

Condor Legion?

great mountainous maps with multinational partisans fighting the Spanish nationalists with Stukas flying overhead.

Hey. . .why not make a scenario based on some raids from For Whom The Bell Tolls?

Hmmmmmm (deep in thought)

Originally posted by IronChef4:

Does anyone else think that it would be cool to make a mod based on the Spanish civil war?

Condor Legion?

great mountainous maps with multinational partisans fighting the Spanish nationalists with Stukas flying overhead.

Hey. . .why not make a scenario based on some raids from For Whom The Bell Tolls?

It could be interesting, In Panzer General 2 there is a Spanish Civil war scenario. Only game i know of that ever touched on it.

1st choice: Magyars ! Of all Nazi allies they had most advanced military industry and produced some decent hardware (Zrinyi, Nimrod, Csaba). Also I would love to play winter 1942 battles of Hungarian 2nd Army.

2nd choice: Bulgarians. I admire the fact that Germans pumped Pz-IVs, 88s, StuGs and aircraft to reinforce Bulgaria only to have them switch sides and attack Germany in Fall 1944. One of very few occasions to have Pz-IV on both sides of the battlefield.

3rd choice, what else, the Finns ! Hack and slash the Soviet scum !

Originally posted by IronChef4:

I's possible in CMBB. You have almost all the stuff you need. Partisans as Communist and Anarchist Militias (great look with his red/black caps), Russian Army as Republicans and International Militias and Germans as Nationalist Army. And Italians as Italians, of course. :D

You have some of the tanks that fought there too. The Panzer Mark I or the russian BT-5.

Aaaaa... if I only know something about painting and Photoshop ...

Yes, said before and now again:

The Early Years will be the best experience, because of the combinations of units possible. Because of the variety of units. Because of the experimentation that was going on in tactics, unit composition, armor and armaments. Some of the matchups will be ... well ... curiously refreshing, odd and unpredictable.

Lets hear it for motorcycles and cavalry.

Toad.

(I know they can't do horses)

Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Yes, said before and now again:

The Early Years will be the best experience, because of the combinations of units possible. Because of the variety of units. Because of the experimentation that was going on in tactics, unit composition, armor and armaments. Some of the matchups will be ... well ... curiously refreshing, odd and unpredictable.

Lets hear it for motorcycles and cavalry.

Toad.

(I know they can't do horses)

I'd agree completely, CM "the blitzkrieg years " would be kind of fun ( if a little one sided )

Why can't they do horses, surely if tanks artillery and infantry can be done horses shouldn't present that much of a problem?

Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by IronChef4:

Condor Legion?

It could be interesting, In Panzer General 2 there is a Spanish Civil war scenario. Only game i know of that ever touched on it.</font>

Ciks:

Isnt correct...im not sure if it starts on 42-43 but there was a swamp area near the polish border..i belive...There was a 250.000 men Hmm..could we still say partisans to such a army?? They were supplied thrue the air and the germs never could get them. Its hard to imagine to have such a hugh danger in your rear area...

• 5 months later...

(Us) Finns of course !

Wonder how long it takes to have someone mod the voices of Tuntematon Sotilas (The Unknown Soldier, THE book about the Continuation War) in ? :D

I'd love to hear Antti Rokka saying, as he did on the film : "Ku hänen piänsä varjo ossuu tuon närreen kohalle, nii sillon hälle tullo noutaja. Niin mie oon päättänt hänen kohastaan." (Ei ole ehkä ihan sanasta-sanaan, mutta periaate tuli selväksi ;) ) Ok, maybe we don't get to hear that, but it would be extra-super-cool !

Minor allies Bah!!! Just ask the ghots of the Sixth Army how they feel about their allies, especially those that were supposed to protect the overextended flanks of Sixth Army, just before Operations Saturn and Uranus. Minor allies may be interesting, however, for 1945 scenarios in Hungary, East Prussia and that area.