I've fallen off of the Peng Challenge and I can't get up!

Dear Mr Loathed One

It is with unequivocal and rapturious joy that I confirm Simple Simon's late tidings of horror - ergo: He won a grand Minor Victory and I didn't.

This startling news courtesy of the fact that for some inexplicable reason MeinKampmenschen buggered orf from the VL's in Rhees-am-Rhine without nary a "by your leave, Sir?" at the last turn but one. I blame this unseemly behaviour squarely at the feet of Mars and Jupiter who seem to be having problems aligning themselves this month.....

Needless to say, my opponent Simmo who was fighting hard to resurrect his own chances of defeat, was gob-smacked at the sight of such ungentlemany tactics and promptly threw up all over his monitor screen, thus rendering further contemplation of said facts impossible until further notice....

Therefore, Lorak old chap, I beseech you to scratch another sorry notch into my tally of LOSS, hereby racking up #5.

{sniff}

AJ

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr Loathed One

It is with unequivocal and rapturious joy that I confirm Simple Simon's late tidings of horror - ergo: He won a grand Minor Victory and I didn't.

This startling news courtesy of the fact that for some inexplicable reason MeinKampmenschen buggered orf from the VL's in Rhees-am-Rhine without nary a "by your leave, Sir?" at the last turn but one. I blame this unseemly behaviour squarely at the feet of Mars and Jupiter who seem to be having problems aligning themselves this month.....

Needless to say, my opponent Simmo who was fighting hard to resurrect his own chances of defeat, was gob-smacked at the sight of such ungentlemany tactics and promptly threw up all over his monitor screen, thus rendering further contemplation of said facts impossible until further notice....

Therefore, Lorak old chap, I beseech you to scratch another sorry notch into my tally of LOSS, hereby racking up #5.

{sniff}

AJ

And now for some long overdue UPDATES!:

AussieJeff's French troops (such as they are) are dying in droves. Unfortunately, so are my Fallschirmtruppen. I have more, though, and should eventually overrun his position. In recognition of this fact, he recently turned a band of prisoners over to our lines.

Not that THAT will help him when the Legislature of Doomâ„¢ gets hold of him. I see a series of Congressional, err, probes in his future.

We hates Leeo. He has VT artillery in the small-VW-Bug caliber. It kills us in droves, it does. He will be referred to the Rules committee for further investigation.

Yeknod returns files slower than the Senate processes judges. I think I am winning (indeed, I must be, given the competition), but it is too soon to tell -- we may have to call for a special session.

Dalem is defending his cheery Dutch village with hordes of snipers and isolated squads. I've seen more action at Jesse Helms' birthday parties.

Speedbump is already losing. Of course, a body count at this point is difficult as I have yet to setup my forces, but trust me -- he is already losing.

The House stands adjourned.

[ June 04, 2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

And now for some long overdue UPDATES!:

AussieJeff's French troops (such as they are) are dying in droves. Unfortunately, so are my Fallschirmtruppen. I have more, though, and should eventually overrun his position. In recognition of this fact, he recently turned a band of prisoners over to our lines.

Not that THAT will help him when the Legislature of Doomâ„¢ gets hold of him. I see a series of Congressional, err, probes in his future.

We hates Leeo. He has VT artillery in the small-VW-Bug caliber. It kills us in droves, it does. He will be referred to the Rules committee for further investigation.

Yeknod returns files slower than the Senate processes judges. I think I am winning (indeed, I must be, given the competition), but it is too soon to tell -- we may have to call for a special session.

Dalem is defending his cheery Dutch village with hordes of snipers and isolated squads. I've seen more action at Jesse Helms' birthday parties.

Speedbump is already losing. Of course, a body count at this point is difficult as I have yet to setup my forces, but trust me -- he is already losing.

The House stands adjourned.

[ June 04, 2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

For those of you who've been asking, I have in fact sired again. Brian and Justin were born yesterday afternoon just after 3:30 EST. Both babies and mom are doing wonderfully. I would post a picture, but verizon seems to think that direct linking to images is too much fun to allow, so they do not.

For the lady (ladies if you count Mace's ewes who read the page) Brian weighed in at 6 lbs 11 and Justin at 6 lbs 14. Both were at 19 inches.

This explains my lack of turn sending, which is a blessing for all of my opponents who are still trying to figure out if they want to die moving forward or running away.

Well done, Missus Matt (primary birthing unit) and Mister Matt (secondary birthing unit)!! Two more lil' Croda's to bolster the BTS Army in coming months, eh??

I like the choice of Brian, especially since they named a world famous moofie after 'im!

May both you and your newly extended family have good luck and good fortune in the coming years. God knows I need it!!!

[For Matt's eyes only - PSST: Oi!! Take whatever time you need to owe me turn #68 of Kent Manor. If I get it within the next 6 months, I'll count that as a bonus!!..]

"Coochie, coochie-coo...."

AJ</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AussieJeff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

For those of you who've been asking, I have in fact sired again. Brian and Justin were born yesterday afternoon just after 3:30 EST. Both babies and mom are doing wonderfully. I would post a picture, but verizon seems to think that direct linking to images is too much fun to allow, so they do not.

For the lady (ladies if you count Mace's ewes who read the page) Brian weighed in at 6 lbs 11 and Justin at 6 lbs 14. Both were at 19 inches.

This explains my lack of turn sending, which is a blessing for all of my opponents who are still trying to figure out if they want to die moving forward or running away.

Well done, Missus Matt (primary birthing unit) and Mister Matt (secondary birthing unit)!! Two more lil' Croda's to bolster the BTS Army in coming months, eh??

I like the choice of Brian, especially since they named a world famous moofie after 'im!

May both you and your newly extended family have good luck and good fortune in the coming years. God knows I need it!!!

[For Matt's eyes only - PSST: Oi!! Take whatever time you need to owe me turn #68 of Kent Manor. If I get it within the next 6 months, I'll count that as a bonus!!..]

"Coochie, coochie-coo...."

AJ</font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I sense a disturbance in the force...

Has there been a conclave of the House of OGSF?

A gathering of the clan OGSF has taken place, me little disco-bopping Berli glitterball, lip-gloss diva.

Me Liege is well and despite a series of running battles with the proprietor of a rather fine and palatial Bed and Breakfast establishment, Stalag Worplesdon, he's gaily running amok the length and breadth of this land laying siege to castles and engaging the natives in light banter... I offered me translation services but this was declined on the grounds that after so much frustration the savage clubbing of local inhabitants is a good way to relax on holiday.

Full report to follow

Yeknod o' tha Thistle

[ June 04, 2002, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

I sense a disturbance in the force...

Has there been a conclave of the House of OGSF?

A gathering of the clan OGSF has taken place, me little disco-bopping Berli glitterball, lip-gloss diva.

Me Liege is well and despite a series of running battles with the proprietor of a rather fine and palatial Bed and Breakfast establishment, Stalag Worplesdon, he's gaily running amok the length and breadth of this land laying siege to castles and engaging the natives in light banter... I offered me translation services but this was declined on the grounds that after so much frustration the savage clubbing of local inhabitants is a good way to relax on holiday.

Full report to follow

Yeknod o' tha Thistle

[ June 04, 2002, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

...me little disco-bopping Berli glitterball, lip-gloss diva.

You may look forward to so many Mondays that you will forget what the other days are like.

AussieJeff!

Take down the name Yeknod

Now, strike a line through it

...me little disco-bopping Berli glitterball, lip-gloss diva.

You may look forward to so many Mondays that you will forget what the other days are like.

AussieJeff!

Take down the name Yeknod

Now, strike a line through it

Important Senior Knight update

The Olde Ones have found reason to elevate two of out members.

Sir Dalem, le petite Chevalier du Persiflage

Sir Stuka, Knight Commander of Victoria, the Dirtbag Knight

not sure why Seanachai said to make him the Dirtbag Knight, but there ya have it

Why, I hardly know what to say. Avoiding the obvious "lifting members" jokes as beneath my new Seniour station, I am nothing if not surprised. (that was small bills, behind the pipes in the washroom, right?)

As I stand here on the pile of old pizza boxes and Coke cans that is my detritus, I can only say that "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Pondscum! Good Sir, we need to change the sign over the gate.

Important Senior Knight update

The Olde Ones have found reason to elevate two of out members.

Sir Dalem, le petite Chevalier du Persiflage

Sir Stuka, Knight Commander of Victoria, the Dirtbag Knight

not sure why Seanachai said to make him the Dirtbag Knight, but there ya have it

Why, I hardly know what to say. Avoiding the obvious "lifting members" jokes as beneath my new Seniour station, I am nothing if not surprised. (that was small bills, behind the pipes in the washroom, right?)

As I stand here on the pile of old pizza boxes and Coke cans that is my detritus, I can only say that "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Pondscum! Good Sir, we need to change the sign over the gate.

Roight!

Firstly let me state that is far, far beneath my station to argue the point that I have been a Seniour Kniggett for frigg'in yonks already and am merely too lazy to spend the time searching for proof.

Of course I will not knock back the opportunity you all now to throw a humdinger of a swaree for both myself and the other new Kniggetry.

So hop to it.

PS. I like beer and lap dancers.

Roight!

Firstly let me state that is far, far beneath my station to argue the point that I have been a Seniour Kniggett for frigg'in yonks already and am merely too lazy to spend the time searching for proof.

Of course I will not knock back the opportunity you all now to throw a humdinger of a swaree for both myself and the other new Kniggetry.

So hop to it.

PS. I like beer and lap dancers.

Originally posted by Lars:

Congrats Croda.

Here's to hoping they take after their mom.

I actually hope they take after their dad, preferably with an axe!

Congrats tho, Croda. Best way to celebrate is to send me your surrender immediately!

Mace

Originally posted by Lars:

Congrats Croda.

Here's to hoping they take after their mom.

I actually hope they take after their dad, preferably with an axe!

Congrats tho, Croda. Best way to celebrate is to send me your surrender immediately!

Mace

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

The Germans (Mace since I can decide who gets what and I don't like him like AT ALL} are setting up in the Red zone while the British {CMPlayer since I REALLY don't like him and he deserves since he's Swedish and that's the next worst thing to being a Pommie) will set up in the Green Zone.

Now explain it to me again.

How did I suddenly become involved in this? Is my boss behind it? Someone hates me? Am I fighting for someone's honour? Is the world turning? What?.

While I'm at it. I really detest Harv, he is my nemisis and he's counter to everything I believe. I'm handsome, he's Canadian; I'm intelligent, he's Canadian; I'm charismatic, he's Canadian, I'm successful, he's Canadian. In fact, I have everything going for me, he's Canadian!

As such, I have no choice but to challenge him to a bit of CMBO slap and tickle (and splodey things).

Harv, I'm a calling you out, mate! you choose the setup and send to me post haste.

Mace

[edited to confirm that Harv is Canadian]

[ June 04, 2002, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

The Germans (Mace since I can decide who gets what and I don't like him like AT ALL} are setting up in the Red zone while the British {CMPlayer since I REALLY don't like him and he deserves since he's Swedish and that's the next worst thing to being a Pommie) will set up in the Green Zone.

Now explain it to me again.

How did I suddenly become involved in this? Is my boss behind it? Someone hates me? Am I fighting for someone's honour? Is the world turning? What?.

While I'm at it. I really detest Harv, he is my nemisis and he's counter to everything I believe. I'm handsome, he's Canadian; I'm intelligent, he's Canadian; I'm charismatic, he's Canadian, I'm successful, he's Canadian. In fact, I have everything going for me, he's Canadian!

As such, I have no choice but to challenge him to a bit of CMBO slap and tickle (and splodey things).

Harv, I'm a calling you out, mate! you choose the setup and send to me post haste.

Mace

[edited to confirm that Harv is Canadian]

[ June 04, 2002, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Truly we live in amazing times.

Congratulations Mrs & Mr Croda

{ Note the correct placement of importance-ment }

Now don't listen to those 'others', i'm sure the children will love their daddy...after they've forgiven you.

Noba.

Now don't listen to those 'others', i'm sure the children will love their daddy...after they've forgiven you.

Noba.

Posted by Mace:

Pssst. I think you forgot that he is the Sycophantic Squire of Joe-Blow.

Noba.

Posted by Mace:

Pssst. I think you forgot that he is the Sycophantic Squire of Joe-Blow.

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

It's very easy to see you're a junior here.

Allow me to correct you.

In correct placement of importance, it's:

Mrs, young ones, every one else in this world, other life forms (including insignificant one cell critters) then Mr Croda

Mace

Originally posted by Noba:

It's very easy to see you're a junior here.

Allow me to correct you.

In correct placement of importance, it's:

Mrs, young ones, every one else in this world, other life forms (including insignificant one cell critters) then Mr Croda

Mace