I demand a document entailing exactly what content is acceptable for this forum

MasterG, it's not about winning the game, it's all about the style. I am proud to say that my losing record far outweighs any number of losses you could ever hope to rack up with your L33t strategery. However, I am the veritable CM Pimp of style.

Ahh, you should see my broken crews do the moonwalk. Simply stunning.

[ November 05, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Demand is a rather strong word. Folks around here see that as a red flag waved at a big-assed bull.

2. Having read your previous posts, I think I understand that you really don't mean to be the flame-war poster child. In fact if you are looking for a PBEM I will be glad to soundly thrash you.

3. This game is a pretty danged good WWII tactical level sim/game. It ain't RTS, it ain't FPS. It is CMBO/CMBB. To quote from a local barbeque joint "Ain't nothin' like 'em nowhere".

Accept that.

4. Accept that the moderators here have in fact put up with a goodly number of poo-poo heads, and are rather reluctant to squash you unnecessarily...but will do so if they feel it is justified.

5. relax, enjoy the mother-beautifull game.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I read that weird thread where they told me to "SOD OFF" but I don't know what that means, so I sodded off and never went back. Something tells me I would challenge even those guys more than they think. I may be new to this game but I'm not new to strategy games.

Lastly) Sodding off was the right thing to do

Thirdly) CM ain't no strategy game

Hey MasterGoodale,

I don't spend much time there, and never posted there, but any PENG CHALLENGE thread is a great place to challenge, BS, and insult your opponents in the most creative ways possible (maybe that's where you were told to sod off? smile.gif ).

It's a thread with quite a history, and almost anything goes in there (just don't expect to leave it without being covered in mud, splashed with beer, spit on, slapped around... just generally handled in an infinite variety of inappropriate ways). It's fun.

Or, like Kwazydog said, the General Forum is a fine place for non-CM related topics.

Anyway, welcome to the other side. Glad you made it.

Originally posted by Ultraman:

Hey MasterGoodale,

I don't spend much time there, and never posted there, but any PENG CHALLENGE thread is a great place to challenge, BS, and insult your opponents in the most creative ways possible (maybe that's where you were told to sod off? smile.gif ).

It's a thread with quite a history, and almost anything goes in there (just don't expect to leave it without being covered in mud, splashed with beer, spit on, slapped around... just generally handled in an infinite variety of inappropriate ways). It's fun.

Or, like Kwazydog said, the General Forum is a fine place for non-CM related topics.

Anyway, welcome to the other side. Glad you made it.

See above post.

Joe

[ November 05, 2002, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

From above post:

I ain't splashing my beer on no newbie gimp.

The end product of my beer perhaps but no beer wastage will be tolerated, this is Australia fer Berlisakes!

This is a good (though somewhat harmless) example of what your up against in the Peng threads.

Originally posted by Ted Kern:

"I demand that I may, or may not be Vroomfondel."

-If you don't know the reference, shame on you :D

No shame on me- that line crossed my mind too when I saw this post! smile.gif But I'm not sure you have it right- was it:

"I demand that we may, or may not be Vroomfondel and Djikstra." ??? What page?

Eden

Originally posted by Stuka ,

I woulda thought a nice white wine spritzer was more your speed girley-boy.

It is said, in my profession, that it takes a lot of beer to make good wine. If you should feel the need to partake of a wine spritzer, or any wine for that matter, please do. Your continued support guarantees my job. :D

(Editted because I have imbibed this eve and didn't preview my post.

[ November 06, 2002, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: mike the wino ]

I will be lumbering head-long into the Peng thread soon enough to give those sorry, bloated sacks of cusk cock a good slapping around. But in the meantime I have a serious question. I can't believe you guys are saying CMBB isn't a strategy game. Are you serious? The only way to win is with good strategy! I realize it's not a RTS or FPS, but it IS a strategy game.

It's a tactical game. This is from the accepted military definitions of what is tactical, operational, and strategic.

From an RTS perspective, yes, it is a strategy game. But, CM isn't an RTS.

Now if you're playing a campaign game then strategy becomes an important element.

I will be lumbering head-long into the Peng thread soon enough to give those sorry, bloated sacks of cusk cock a good slapping around....

K' We'll be on the lookout for someone dumb as a bag of doorknobs with a head too large to fit comfortably through the door. In other words, your typical SSN.

You would'nt happen to be from Texas, would you?

I will be lumbering head-long into the Peng thread soon enough to give those sorry, bloated sacks of cusk cock a good slapping around. But in the meantime I have a serious question. I can't believe you guys are saying CMBB isn't a strategy game. Are you serious? The only way to win is with good strategy! I realize it's not a RTS or FPS, but it IS a strategy game.

Yes the Peng thread...well I give you about three post before Coventry. If you intend to go in there you will need wit..well at least for awhile, then it seems that all you need is funny pictures and some inside jokes but that is another story.

By all means though..jump right in and enjoy!