Any chance of a release?

Originally posted by Boris Balaban:

I will be in south Florida next week visiting my dad :cool: and if CMBB was released by Monday July 1st I could have the game sent to my dads address. :D

27th September is the best guess around at the moment

:(

& if Pigs Flew you could avoid the airfare to FL

The chances that CM:BB is released while you are in FL

are about the same as for an actual re-invasion of Russia

Enjoy the Vacation

[ June 27, 2002, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

27th September is the best guess around at the moment

Well that's it then, if it is on the Internet it must be true. ;)

*marks calander*

Hey...wait a minute!!! :confused: This calender all ready has like 9 other "release dates" on it; Q1 '02, Q2 '02, MaddMatt's B-day, Groundhog Day, Fionn's B-day, etc.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

9/27 is the last Friday of Q3, although Monday, 9/31 is the last weekday. Some magazines have a CMBB release date of Q3. Maybe he feels that the last weekend of Q3 will be the release date.

Oh :eek: I see.........

THAT best guess extrapolated from "rumours" of a Q3 '02 release date.

Now I understand :rolleyes:

-tom w

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

9/27 is the last Friday of Q3, although Monday, 9/31 is the last weekday. Some magazines have a CMBB release date of Q3. Maybe he feels that the last weekend of Q3 will be the release date.

Astonishing - you have discovered a new date! Will it be known as Pvt.Ryan day henceforth? Inquiring minds want to know. Let's just hope that CMBB does not appear on that day, because nobody would friggin' notice. :D

I wansn't around here when CMBO came out, so I can't really say how BFC works (although how it worked than may be substaintially different from how it works now anyway).

Normally though, you'd expect a 'gone gold' announcement from the developer, meaning the game code and the manual are done, and it's being sent off to he publisher to be reproduced and packaged for shipping.

You'd generally expect there two be a least a couple of weeks between 'gone gold' and actually shipping.

BFC might start taking pre-orders once the game has gone gold, though.

In any event, even if the game went 'gold' today, I don't think copies would be shipped out in time for you to get one in Florida next week, even if yours was the first copy out of the warehouse.

Cheers,

YD

Someone earlier mentioned checking the website every couple of hours to see if CMBB had been released. I think this raises a larger issue: How are we then to know that CMBB has been released?

Let me elaborate. The Bible is full of signs of the coming of the end of the world. . .cosmic phenomena, wars, the abomination of desolation, apocalyptic horsemen. Other religious traditions herald their end of the world scenarios with similar "signs & wonders."

So, then what will be the sign of the coming of CMBB?

What no aquatic creatures falling from the heavens? The sun isn't going to turn feldgrau ? People aren't going to be telling their grandchildren where they were when they found out?

I smell amillenial heresy here. . .and suggest a remedial reading course of all 139 Left Behind novels! tongue.gif

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

he chances that CM:BB is released while you are in FL

are about the same as for an actual re-invasion of Russia

That good?

I'd better grease up my credit card!

Guys....and Gals ---

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the September date is right out. The **REAL** date is 11 November.

PROOF:

1] The developers are American.

2] In America, one of the (if not the) most important days involving veterans of WWII (and other conflicts) is 11 November.

3] It is my birthday.

Ergo - it is the logical release date!! (BTW, thank you for the birthday gift, BFC.)

Quod erat demonstratum.

You are all wrong.

I think its about to be released NOW! Yes, I am looking through my field glasses right now and I see the package deliverer backing up to the BFC distribution center!

Oh man, its the pizza delivery truck. False alarm. Guess they are still busy doing what they do. Damn, its starting to rain. Well, I'll sneak back tomorrow...

Originally posted by Humus B. Chittenbee:

Guys....and Gals ---

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the September date is right out. The **REAL** date is 11 November.

PROOF:

1] The developers are American.

2] In America, one of the (if not the) most important days involving veterans of WWII (and other conflicts) is 11 November.

3] It is my birthday.

Ergo - it is the logical release date!! (BTW, thank you for the birthday gift, BFC.)

Quod erat demonstratum.

All good points Humus but you are forgetting one important point, only a handful of americans were involved in the fighting on the eastern front smile.gif