Interesting observation

BFCElvis

Dear Masses,

I am noticing a lot of low member numbers come out of the woodwork as we get closer to release time. Kinda cool to see posts from people who haven't posted in a while.

It bodes well for the strenght of the Combat Mission branding.

When you guys go public let me know so I can buy in early. Nasdaq?

Love,

Elvis

Many of the low-number members are more into real fresh games and came to CMBO for the new wargaming experience but didn't stay too long with CMBB for either being too close to CMBO or not close enough (play-wise).

There are also a lot of low-number people who are more interested in WW2 involving U.S./U.K. and have a low interest in the Eastern Front.

"When you guys go public let me know so I can buy in early."

Seems like Elvis is destined to share a cell with Martha Stewart for insider trading! :D;)

Some friendly advice. Don't try to protest your innocence Elvis, or the Feds will throw in obstruction of justice charges too! :eek:

As to those low-number guys who gave CMBB a pass, they missed a rip-snortin' fun game.

[ November 19, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I think that alot of low number members start posting again as there is something new to post about. After the release of a new product there is this nice time period where all of us are sharing in a variety of new experiences and issues. As time goes on, much of the discussion devolves into many of the same things we have all talked about, again and again and again.

Which is not to say that they are bad things to talk about, just after a while it becomes tedious to revisit. Michael and several others of course enjoy this repeitive pattern so they can get their post count up. :D That and enjoy the repeated opportunity to say: Do a search or join in the chorus of: BFC Fix or do Somefink! smile.gif

I don't recall the exact date of the original Night of the Refresh Monkeys, but what night that was! Although not the polished gems we have now, it changed my life for many months, much to my wife's chagrin :D

I do believe that most of us are around or ghost in and out to see how things are progressing, we just are not posting day to day. I agree a bit about the US/Brit thing though, I know CMBB didn't grab me in the way CMBO did and am hoping AK will.

I'm one of those one's that prefer Western Front over Eastern. CMBO was great to me. CMBB was interesting because of the cool additional refine-

ments (fire arch etc.). CMAK will bring back the Brits/Americans(!)and not only have Africa, but Italy in the mix which is great. But even of more

interest's to me is that from what I've read, many of the cool CMBO battle's will be able to be coverted/made using the new tools introduced in CMBB. Very nice indeed if true.

Donan (Toxie)

p.s. Plus I must admit I play all types of games

all the time. Addiction to say the least smile.gif And with so little time :(

Originally posted by Axe2121:

That's not so interesting Elvis. :mad:

Maybe not to you Mr Eight Thousand Six Hundred and Ninety Four, but to Mr One Hundred Fifty Nine it is. SO if it is NOT interesting to a high numbered scum such as yourself, a johnny come lately, a n00b, a freshie, then why don't you just take your fetid little mad face and pound it and around eight thousand bags of sand up your butt and see if THAT sparks your interest in anything...

Or you could just SOD OFF.

Jerk.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Maybe not to you Mr Eight Thousand Six Hundred and Ninety Four, but to Mr One Hundred Fifty Nine it is. SO if it is NOT interesting to a high numbered scum such as yourself, a johnny come lately, a n00b, a freshie, then why don't you just take your fetid little mad face and pound it and around eight thousand bags of sand up your butt and see if THAT sparks your interest in anything...

Jerk.

Isn't cute when the 4-digits go after each other like that?

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

That's not so interesting Elvis. :mad:

Jerk. </font>

If I may interject on behalf of my good friend Axe2121, I would like to point out to certain individuals that in fact one member of this community (#159) did in fact title a Thread in such a manner as to indicate that he actually had an interesting observation.

Now try and keep that in mind as we delve into the crux of the matter. Member #159 (aka: Elvis) has never demonstrated any ability, for the public record on this Board, to make an interesting observation.

Unless you are interested in hearing how QB's are for wussies and anybody that numbers turns in a PBEM is making it overly complicated, then please point to any interesting observation this gentleman has made!

Okay, I'll give you the Wankers posts, but that's it.

Is it your contention, Mr One Thousand and Nineteen, that Member #159 has in fact made another post that actually contained an interesting observation?

Erm, I don't think I said that I thought what Elvis had to say was interesting to me, or to anyone else either. I was merely expressing my consternation at the joy killer Axemook's pissing in Elvis' cornflakes and anyone else (snicker snicker) who might have found Elvis's observation interesting.

Hell, I've known Elvis for 30 years and he and his observations are typically about as clever and interesting as gasoline on a puddle of water, but his RIGHT to claim that an observation he has made is interesting was being infringed and I merely pointed that out in as gentle and calm and supportive way as I am able to that worthless sack of horse mucous Axe.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

I merely pointed that out in as gentle and calm and supportive way as I am able to that worthless sack of horse mucous Axe.

Christ, Peng, I asked you to give the lad a fair shake. Not hug him.

If you go on being cuddly I shall go right off my lunch, so I will. </font>

Hmmm.

Piss off, Boggs. This is between we Olde Ones, now.

All minds shall be led into the light. Where, undoubtedly, they will stand frozen and trembling like fecking deer and go up over the hood of reality and do an unbelievable amount of body damage before tumbling into the slipstream of history before coming to rest on the shoulder of stupidity.

Roadkill is the perfect analogy for most internet posting.

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Masses,

I am noticing a lot of low member numbers come out of the woodwork as we get closer to release time. Kinda cool to see posts from people who haven't posted in a while.

It bodes well for the strenght of the Combat Mission branding.

When you guys go public let me know so I can buy in early. Nasdaq?

Love,

Elvis

What do they need to go public for? To raise more cash for a huge expansion? So that Steve can be referred to as 'CEO'? Yes, they can all get executive titles ... Madmatt VP of sounds. Kwazydog VP of art. Charles ... I guess he can be the President ... or should he be the COO? Would Moon be the CFO? :confused: