Australia Gets The Peng Challenge Trifecta

Speedy

OK, I just wanted to warn you all that MrSpkr, (the faux Texan, Okie, lamprey-like, bottom-dwelling, has-no-business-being-anywhere-NEAR-the top-of-the-food-chain, fancy-pants lawyer), has somehow, through some evil form of chicanery, learned to hack into the game engine.

There my stalwart Brit troops were, advancing under withering fire in the taking of Longstop, trying their mettle in the full, flush face of Nazi guns, with no thought for themselves, and after taking flag after flag after flag, destroying ...I don't know...LOTS of guns and TWO Tigers, with enemy air support strafing them a whole BUNCH of times, in the end, when the entire map was OURS BY RIGHT!

We end up with a draw.

There is no justice!

(Something I imagine your clients repeat endlessly, you CUR!)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

There is no justice!

(Something I imagine your clients repeat endlessly, you CUR!)

You wound me, Boo.

There was only one Tiger. He died within a turn of entering the board. The other "tank" was a PzIII.

Half my air support didn't arrive until about five minutes before the end of the game.

You outnumbered me 2:1 in men throughout the engagement.

You outnumbered me by 6:1 in tanks.

You had four armored personnel carriers armed with machine guns; I had none.

You had more mortars than I.

I had one more artillery piece than you, but almost all of mine were wimpy 50mm AT guns; yours were great hulking 25 Pdrs.

You avoided my ineptly placed minefields.

Your artillery mangled my halfsquads.

My AT gun shells bounced off the thick hide of your Churchills.

And yet, with those types of material advantages, with the blind luck that sees many a drunk home safely at night, with the ability to mass your forces and attack one weak point while using overwhelming firepower to prevent my men from lifting so much as a finger above their trenches, the best you could do was 55% -- and that with a 150 point bonus (adding 2.2% to your score).

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Boo Radley, upholding the highest standards of Ohio by working long, hard hours to aspire to mediocrity.

I'd offer a round of applause, but, somehoe, I can't work up the effort.

A tiebreaker match shall wing it's way to you shortly.

Bastiche.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Hateful, hateful LIES SNIPPED!

Oh, Yeah??? Well...SEZ YOU! (That'll show im!)

A tiebreaker match shall wing it's way to you shortly.

Bastiche.

Steve

Yeah? Well, I'm waiting for it! And I'm going to bring EVERYTHING I have to this one!

Including SNACKS!!!

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Well something that may not occur to you guys down chunder is that Americans* spend a great deal of our time sober.

Speak for yerself, you injection-molded plastic fondler. </font>

Originally posted by Leeo:

Well something that may not occur to you guys down chunder is that Americans* spend a great deal of our time sober.

Speak for yerself, you injection-molded plastic fondler. </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

Just bought some more RTV rubber compound today. My scratchbuilt engine shrouds for my X-wing will soon be a reality!

Hmmmmm, the model force is strong in this one.

Mace </font>

Boo the Radical wrote...

Well, someone certainly is acting a wee bit giddy today, aren't they?

And what is the reason for all this jockularity?

Has 72dpi finally finished his sputum collecting for the week?

Discovered something new and fascinating about bivalents, chromatids and chiasmata that only he and some other pencil-necked geeks will ever care about?

Finally scraped up enough money from his night job as bouncer at the inter-urban chess club to be able to buy the remaining two pieces to complete his set of Rob and Laura Petri dishes?

Perhaps you better have yourself a good lie-down before you come all over feverish. It's not good to excite yourself.

Probably why you became a biologist in the first place.

Wee bit giddy?

A bouncer at the inter-urban chess club?

Rob and Laura Petri dishes?

What is going on in that bat cave you call a skull?

I merely noted that your friend stickypiss respected you it was a perfectly, calm & rational post (like all of them).

What do I get in return?

The depraved ramblings of a fool ludicrous enough to use the word jocularity & spell it wrong!

I love how bivalents, chromatids and chiasmata are in alphabetical order. What’s up did the online biological dictionary not go past C?

I’ll consider sending you a setup as clearly if even Mrspkr can beat you then you’re about as talented as General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett & need some practice.

PS

How did you know I’d been collecting sputum?

Originally posted by 37mm:

I love how bivalents, chromatids and chiasmata are in alphabetical order. What’s up did the online biological dictionary not go past C?

You might want to recheck your alphabet there, Sparky. Just a suggestion.

I’ll consider sending you a setup as clearly if even Mrspkr can beat you then you’re about as talented as General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett & need some practice.

You could not be more wrong. You could try, but you wouldn't succeed.

MrFncyPntsLwyr and I tied.

Consider away, 37 timesit'sweightinstomachacid. Send whatever you desire. I'll soon sort you out.

Originally posted by Shosties4th:

Reminds me of Car and Driver (or is it Road and Track?)...

Haven't read either of those in decades. Was surprised to see a copy of R&T in a doctor's waiting room a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't pick it up.

R&T was once an excellent mag, used to get every issue from 1957-63. Sports Cars Illustrated, the precursor to C&D, was very good as well. C&D was not so good.

Ah, memories...

Michael

I just saw "Shaun of the Dead" ... all those zombies wandering around reminded me of you lot ... got misty eyed for a moment when they all got bashed in the head.

shaun-of-the-dead-20040922092544181.jpg

Oh look, there's Seanachai, and surely THAT'S dalem ... pity about the gaping wound in the midsection, and of course the dapper lad with his arm off at the socket HAS to be MrSpkr. Pity they couldn't find one dim enough to play Boo Radley but even zombies have SOME sort of brain I suppose.

It was a good film even if some of you lot (or your representations) didn't get a cricket bat through the skull ... No, no, no, the one on the LEFT, that's a Realtor if ever I saw one and that's close enough to Papa Khann to be going on with surely. Right then, how about the lad in the yellow hat, he's a DEAD RINGER (GET IT, Dead Ringer, Zombie?) for Mace

Joe

[ October 17, 2004, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Haven't read either of those in decades. Was surprised to see a copy of R&T in a doctor's waiting room a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't pick it up.

R&T was once an excellent mag, used to get every issue from 1957-63. Sports Cars Illustrated, the precursor to C&D, was very good as well. C&D was not so good.

Ah, memories...

Michael

...are fading.

I thought Horse and Sulky would be relevant to your age group, Michael?

Mace

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

shaun-of-the-dead-20040922092544181.jpg

Right then, how about the lad in the yellow hat, he's a DEAD RINGER (GET IT, Dead Ringer, Zombie?) for Mace

I remember that day.

'Free but limited supply of beer' the sign said.

I was towards the back of the crowd but was somewhat 'inspired' to punch, kick and bite my way to the front, as is evident by the blood splatter and bruises on the rest of the people there.

Mace