BFC has now real competitors.

" Please come back when you know what you are talking about. Tag"

LOL, I'm playing CM since 2002 smile.gif

Close Combat: Red Phonix should be wargame (not FPP or health bar RTS) as realistic as is possible. CSO(the biggest CC clan) is helping in development. So you are wrong yet.

Officers also is a wargame, no health bars and no other "Red alert's rts things".Huge, 20 km x 20km maps. I think it will be even more deep than CM with its "rpg system".

But we will see.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPG = Righteously POW-tacular Grognard system

Every game should have it.

I thought that someone posted some screenies of Officers where the tanks had health bars. Hmmm . . . I'll have to go dig around in the GF.

P.S. Seanachai, I know I'm s'posed to hate you and everything but I love your posts.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Bah, I'd much rather have a nice, fresh adrenalin gland to chew on...

Seanachai although at times you are truly godlike...you must know that there is no such thing as an adrenalin gland. A tasty little Islet of Langerhans would be more to your liking I think.

Why do we continue to indulge Gaylord? Are we that lame?

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Officers looks quite interesting. But note that it says all over its website that it is "RTS". That puts it into a different category from CM, though it doesn't mean that it won't be good. We'll have to wait and see to figure that out.

Steve

:mad: :mad: :mad: GIVE US A BONE BEFORE WE ALL TURN INTO WARTGAMER!!1111!!!111 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I think you should change your header from "now has" to "may eventually have". All those titles have 2006 dates on them and 6 months in computer gaming is a long long time. I wonder how many titles between now and then are going to run into significant problems that will either delay, kill, or hobble the title. We've seen so much prospective BFC competition dangled temptingly before us. But they never seem to make it to market!

You mean, like, "Wartime Command," which was dropped by Codemasters this very week. That "sim" may never see the light of day.

Opps, someone beat me to it.

I wonder if CMx2 is going to be able to get the processing time down compared to CM1. Unlikely I know, but it would be nice to have a turn-based (or 'we-go') game with more of the immediacy of a shooter. I mean we set up the next turn, hit 'GO', and it immediately runs, instead of processing... and processing... then runs.

Ah, pipe dreams. I can't imagine how CMx2 can full fill ALL of our dreams - a lot of them appear to be contradictory!

Actually, it has been known for a 2 or three months now that ´Wartime Command´ will not be published by Codemasters; instead, 1C Games will publish it on their own. As far as I know, at least. When it will never see the light of day it would have been a waste of money for 1C to present it at the E3, or am I mistaken?

Eric Young Squad Assault 2 also is coming:

sa2ndwave.com

Do you think they finaly patched crappy engine?

I'm little worry about BFC. 1:1 represtation in 3d wargame bury every developer (GI Combat, Squad Assault, WW2 RTS, Officers that seems to be more RTS than wargame (mea culpa)).

Only old ass CC engine somehow handle 1:1 with its limitations.

Good luck BFC.

Bye, Bye, BFC

Don't Develop Long

I Worry About You

Until You've Done

I think of you in my dreams

You never know, just what you mean, to me

To me

(cmon, everybody!)

Doo ba badda Doo ba badda

Doo ba badda Doo ba badda

:D

(original text by Ivy )

1:1 didn't bury those other games, especially Squad Assault (and its various patched versions), so the fact that CMx2 is 1:1 shouldn't worry anybody.

In case inff hasn't noticed, there are more bad/vapor games than can be counted, and only a tiny slice of a miniscule precentage of a speck of them have anything to do with wargaming, not to mention 1:1 representation. So what is responsible for the other 3D wargames being crappy/vapor? I've been in the game biz for a dozen years and it would take me about that long to explain all the reasons game development goes in the wrong direction.

Steve

Originally posted by Splinty:

According to Codemasters and 1C Games as of today Wartime Command aka WWII RTS is officially dead in the water (or steppe or bocage) due to problems implememting the features both companies wanted the game to have.

I got this e-mail today as well. Splash one hopeful.

I am hoping that NCO's and ranks will be better implemented. They actually lead the soldiers to battle, not officers.

Also Id like to be able to swap shoulder patches with ease, depending on mission.

Also maybe have more random infantry textures, not all generic.Kind of like having different faces. BTW, can we have different races presented- asians, black depending on scenario