Why is Peng Challenging a Centipede?

Nidan1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

You are a really nasty piece of work, Emrys.

Why, thank you, Noba. It's always gratifying to have one's efforts recognized.

(Smiley asssasssinated)

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Hiram_Sedai:

Last model thingy for this year:

- My first Sherman

http://www.armorama.com/modules/photopost/data/500/4718Sherm105Side.jpg

http://www.armorama.com/modules/photopost/data/500/4718Sherm105Front.jpg

http://www.armorama.com/modules/photopost/data/500/4718Sherm105Back.jpg

M4A3 Sherman, 1/35th Tamiya, 1944 Ardennes Forest

Enjoy!!

Do you sleep with these things?. It seems as if the Sherman is getting all the covers. I guess if you get cold at night, you could just smash the thing and roll over....more problematic with another person by your side.

[serious critique] It looks a bit shiny...is it the camera flash? What kind of paint do you use? [/end serious critique]

Emrys, you dolt! I am *not* preggers. Well, not that I know anyways. That was my better half's way of covering his tracks when he didn't realize *I* was still logged in. If and when I *do* get pregnant, *you* shall be the last to know.

And the rest of you lot: 1. The blanket mod is mine. Kinda scratchy and doesn't feel like snow at all, but I will own up to it and admit it was my suggestion to use the blanket. 2. The tank was duly dull-coated, but apparently the flash on my digital camera is "too strong". My dear Hiram has been having some trouble the last few models getting pictures that are clear *and* "shine free". I shall attempt to put my photographic experience at work today and remedy the situation.

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

2. The tank was duly dull-coated, but apparently the flash on my digital camera is "too strong". My dear Hiram has been having some trouble the last few models getting pictures that are clear *and* "shine free". I shall attempt to put my photographic experience at work today and remedy the situation.

Soft, indirect light should work well. If you have available light, say from a north facing window, that might do it. The broader the light source, the better. When wanting to show off detail, top/back light is best. Direct front light not only can give you surface glare, but it flattens everything out.

When I was shooting scale models I'd finished, I'd wait for an overcast day and shoot them outdoors.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

I just noticed I passed the 1000th post mark some time ago. Hooray for me.

I was planning on not posting for a while to enjoy that magical one oh oh oh. But I failed to notice it on time. Oh well...

So? Don't let a little tardiness stop you. If you want to sit back, relax, think of all you've accomplished and not post for awhile, please do so. Please.

Why not start right now?

I really miss scale modelling...but after two detached retinas and the ravages of the aging process, alas my eyes are not up to it anymore.

I just visited the Tamiya web site, and I must say it looked better to me than a Victoria's Secret Catalogue, (right bad eyes...remember?)

I haven't built one in nearly twenty years **sniff**....a plastic model that is....

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

I was planning on not posting for a while to enjoy that magical one oh oh oh. But I failed to notice it on time. Oh well...

So? Don't let a little tardiness stop you. If you want to sit back, relax, think of all you've accomplished and not post for awhile, please do so. Please.

Why not start right now? </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I really miss scale modelling...but after two detached retinas and the ravages of the aging process, alas my eyes are not up to it anymore.

I just visited the Tamiya web site, and I must say it looked better to me than a Victoria's Secret Catalogue, (right bad eyes...remember?)

I haven't built one in nearly twenty years **sniff**....a plastic model that is....

Haven't touched anything in a Victoria's Secret catalog in twenty years either, have you?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Tell ya what, me foine, foine bucko. Why don't you take that attitude you have, shove it up YOUR arse where it can keep YOUR head company.

[serious] Working with the Bangalore Emergency Response Team (B.E.R.T.), we came up with a solution after just two weeks and several dozen E-mails. I've had no other problems and sent out a bunch of moves, including yours. Hmmm... maybe it's time to fire off another E-mail to Tiffany...[/serious]

Or you can always just run up an alley and holler, "FISH!"

Tell ya what, me foine, foine bucko. Why don't you take that attitude you have, shove it up YOUR arse where it can keep YOUR head company.

[serious] Working with the Bangalore Emergency Response Team (B.E.R.T.), we came up with a solution after just two weeks and several dozen E-mails. I've had no other problems and sent out a bunch of moves, including yours. Hmmm... maybe it's time to fire off another E-mail to Tiffany...[/serious]

Or you can always just run up an alley and holler, "FISH!"

Peace out brother! I'll check out my in box tonight and see if its possibly there...although I already know it isn't. Can't you get a real on-line service? Or at least start worshipping Rama or somesuch.