Word of Mouth Advertising

I went to Disneyland today. At one of the attractions they had some computers connected to the internet. I entered Battlefront.com and left it on the screen. About that time the attendent came over to lend a hand.

He asked that site what it was. Well 30 minutes later when the wife and kids were dragging me away, I had the guy convinced to download the CMAK demo tonight!

I was visiting the local games shop to check if they'd have any novelties and while there, I noticed this guy having a look at the CMAK box. I asked him if he knew the game, and then gave him a lengthy introduction as to why it is the best there is. After this the guy put it back to shelf and told that he was more of an RTS type of guy. :mad: So I pulled my knife out of my pocket and put it onto his throat, showing him one of my psycho expressions. In the end he bought both CMAK and CMBB as well as Strategic Command. smile.gif

i always put CMAK up on the center shelf when i see it at the bottom in Game.

MHO of course but i think an armour photo on the box with reviews on would be better than what we've got now. kind of empasise the reality of it & set it apart from the mainstream.

none of my business of course but we all love the game & i want to see the guys make some money.

Word of mouth works very well. That's how I found CM. An online friend purchased SC after another guy we know online told him about it. I was told about SC, as they wanted a third person to play against. I checked out the Battlefront web page, found CMBO, downloaded the demo, and never did get SC. Now, I have all three CM games.

A forum of a military history mag called www.armchairgeneral.com I am talking about CM. I am in a PBEM battle with another regular on the forum and he is making it into a very cool story. Here is the the thread:

http://armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4165

Many folks are learning about CM and are showing interest. One guy just bought CMBB.

BigMik1

I currently have two Padawans. One is cutting his teeth on CM:BO and is a work colleague so there is scope for lunchtime tcp/ip smile.gif The other is a friend who is into military history but doesn't play any games on his PC. It's a delicate operation coaxing him to try it out whilst assuring his wife that "It's not time consuming at all" smile.gif

I gave my dad my old version of cmbo, after he found out he can PBEM and take the whole day thinking of what to do ..... and the whole of the next day drawing the lines as he put it. Thats after he learns the talkthrough first senario.. if i can find the manual.

My friends think im mad playing this game as im only 25. But my dear friends i have a girlfriend and cm, what more do i need???

smile.gif

Originally posted by Spears:

I gave my dad my old version of cmbo, after he found out he can PBEM and take the whole day thinking of what to do ..... and the whole of the next day drawing the lines as he put it. Thats after he learns the talkthrough first senario.. if i can find the manual.

My friends think im mad playing this game as im only 25. But my dear friends i have a girlfriend and cm, what more do i need???

smile.gif

Another 24 hours per day.

Gruß

Joachim

What advertising could CM do to attract buyers? I suppose buy a half page in one of the international hobby magazines (Military Modelier, etc.) with multiple 'cheesecake' screenshots stressing the 3-D big map action aspects of the game. Stug Fs coming out of the fog, that sort of stuff. Hobbyists are used to spending $35 at a pop!

I have started what I hope will be an entire CM circle. Better than getting the DL the demo, I gave my copy of CMBO to a guy. I never play it anymore with the arrival of CMAK anyway. He took it with the understanding that when he either buys CMBB/CMAK/CMBO or decided it's not for him, he is to pass it on to one of his friends.

Hopefully this is a way to give new life to an old but functional game.

Panther Commander

Originally posted by BigMik1:

A forum of a military history mag called www.armchairgeneral.com I am talking about CM. I am in a PBEM battle with another regular on the forum and he is making it into a very cool story. Here is the the thread:

]http://armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4165[/qb]

That's me!

Dr. S.

[ August 17, 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Doctor Sinister ]