Favorite Screen Shot

Yah - weird, eh? Looks like it's made out of little pieces of paper. The grey ones are the dirt road tiles. I didn't bother looking at what made the big tiles different from the smallest ones [edit: hmmm...I guess the big ones are the underlaying grid, and the tiny ones are fill-ins to the big ones]. If you stare at it enough, you'll be able to pick out AFV Sound Contacts, fences and such like.

[ April 07, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Brent Pollock ]

My favorite screenshot was one from the beta demo. When did that come out, November 99? Anyway, it was from the scenario with the Hellcats.

I remember being all excited about how cool it was to replay your turn over and over an over. AND being able to freeze the camera and zoom around the battlefield.

My Hellcat had pushed down the left side of the map and the Tiger had taken a shot at it. I had the screen frozen. Now, tank commanders look back and forth when unbuttoned. The shot from the Tiger went a little wide. And, as it so happened, the tank commander had is head turned as if to look at the 88mm shell no more than a couple meters away.

It was so cool.

Jason

Who, despite what the info says, has been registered since Sept 1999.

If you did nothing in an attempt to post again, I believe things got straightened out without you having to do anything.

I, for example, had to re-register in Jan 2000 after some crash or another. But I managed to get the same username.

IIRC, I wised up in June 2000 and sat tight so I wouldn't have to register again.

Jason

Originally posted by Martyr:

Didn't we all have to re-register after the Great Forum Crash of Jun 2000?

Ah, the Great Forum Crash. Those were the days, huh? Had to register again as well. Luckily I 'lost' only two months. smile.gif

Not sure if this will show up or not. It's a screenie of a setup Boo Radley sent me.

Pic

I think this is one of my all-time favorites.

Edit: Note that this is un-modded CM:BB. Shield your eyes, or risk blindness!

[ April 09, 2004, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: R Leete ]

I don't have a copy of it, unfortunately, but my all time favorite was the Armored Car Clown Car, in which a tiny German AC was hit on a bridge and the screen shot showed something like a dozen AC crewmen bailing out of it.

A bug, of course, that was later fixed, but a cool shot.

Joe