Ah, I hope this one makes it into CMAK

Hans

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is, but not the one pictured here. This one is a Mark II variant (note torpedo tubes. These were taken out in the Mark IIIS, and replaced with a bomb bay large enough to hold a Grand Slam).

I could be wrong, but I think the one in the game is the Mark IX, which swaps the wing mounted 20mm Hispanos with Quad 40mm Bofors mounted in underwing pods. I think the airframe was beefed up as well due to this upgrade.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

It is, but not the one pictured here. This one is a Mark II variant (note torpedo tubes. These were taken out in the Mark IIIS, and replaced with a bomb bay large enough to hold a Grand Slam).

I could be wrong, but I think the one in the game is the Mark IX, which swaps the wing mounted 20mm Hispanos with Quad 40mm Bofors mounted in underwing pods. I think the airframe was beefed up as well due to this upgrade.

Hmm... I think it also had a major horse power boost. The early models stuggled to get airborne and half of them never even made it off the ground. There was a problem with the water tight compartments and often when landing in water they would sink like a rock.

Also it must have been hard to get that thing hull down.

[ November 13, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I am compelled to present a dissenting opinion. The difficulty was not in getting it hull down. The difficulty was getting it to come back up.

Michael

I was thinking that the nose would be a dead giveaway to any Axis tankers. But you might be right. I wonder if the wings would get in the way if you were on a slope. They would have to come up a slope strait to prevent loseing them.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Ijit - there's clearly no underwing pods on this!

In fact this is the B-Hurrichurchill infantry cruiser anti-aircraft bomber tripod bren mortar carrier as designed by the Imperial Committee for preserving the best of Interwar British Design Standards.

One model was built and sent to Nth Africa at the behest of Field Marshal Lord Mindboggle MP (ret). It was sent to Tobruk, but captured still in its packing crate when the Sth Africans decided it was better to surrender than try to understand teh manuals for assembling it, and spent the rest of the war as a harbour breakwater.

Originally posted by Mike:

Ijit - there's clearly no underwing pods on this!

Must...learn...to...read...the...entire...post...

the one in the game is the Mark IX, which swaps the wing mounted 20mm Hispanos with Quad 40mm Bofors mounted in underwing pods

In fact this is the B-Hurrichurchill infantry cruiser anti-aircraft bomber tripod bren mortar carrier as designed by the Imperial Committee for preserving the best of Interwar British Design Standards.!
Wrong! The B-Hurrichurchill infantry cruiser anti-aircraft bomber tripod bren mortar carrier was equipped with a unique adjustable telescopic main gun barrel that allowed it to fire all rounds then produced by the UK from 7.62mm up to and including 14 inch. Clearly this is a Mark II which can only go as high as 183mm, and that is with the muzzle brake removed.

One model was built and sent to Nth Africa at the behest of Field Marshal Lord Mindboggle MP (ret). It was sent to Tobruk, but captured still in its packing crate when the Sth Africans decided it was better to surrender than try to understand teh manuals for assembling it, and spent the rest of the war as a harbour breakwater.
Wrong again! (what is this, grog-lite night?) One model was sent to North Africa, but another 4 were built under license by the Bolivian goverment prior to WW2. These were used to guard against possible Italian amphibious assaults.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Salkin:

It looks like something I used to play with in my bathtub when I was 4 :D .

//Salkin

They didn't have rubber ducks in Sweden? I thought you buggers were famous neutralists. What sort of toy would that be for a 4 year old? </font>

Originally posted by Salkin:

And I have to agree with Seanachai on one thing (I hate agreeing with Seanachai...) :

Mr Emrys has adopted a bit of a mean streak since he became a rider of the apocalypso .

He used to be such a harmless (some would even call him helpfull) grog/know-it-all who settled for ridiculing us less grogish people....

//Salkin

:cool:

Just keep agreeing with me, Salkin. It's the only means of becoming more intelligent without actually having to think more clearly.

Yes, the whole Cabron66 incident really set Emrys off, didn't it? He went into it still all meek and helpful, trying to be considerate and fair to other posters. But as Cabron's madness grew and grew, and as others started chiming in to tease and torment him, I noticed that Michael began to join in. I think it was JonS's involvement that convinced Michael that teasing Cabron a bit couldn't really be wrong. Mockery and abusiveness by Andreas, Dorosh, Berli and myself, of course, made him think that he should probably be even-handed, but when JonS started mocking Cabron Emrys clearly decided to take the plunge.

And what happpened? What you knew would happen. Emrys found that he liked it. Yeah, that first taste was all it took. Pretty soon Emrys was handing out mockery and abuse to all and sundry.

I'm pretty sure he'll end up as a Made for TV Movie within the next year or so...