New ideas for Combat Mission

what do you guys think of the folowing.

1. Combat Mission - Star Wars, ground battles, ship boardings, and internal fortress battles featuring stormtroops vs. rebels.

2. Combat Mission - Revolution to Waterloo, simulating combat from the french indian wars to european actions in the 1800's

3. Combat Mission - The Great War, 1914 to 1918 all fronts.

4. Combat Mission - Indian Wars, could Custer win .

5. Combat Mission - Civil War

6. Combat Mission - Battle for the Moon, the future of combat on the moon.

7. Combat Mission - Roman Legion, romans vs. everyone else.

would love to hear any other ideas.

Let's see.

1) All possible enjoyment I could derive from that series is in dire trouble from the latest two movie offerings.

2) That doesn't have any tanks

3) Some tanks here, but not really best for CM scale, I wouldn't have thought.

4) Definately no tanks

5) Whose? Most don't feature tanks in any case.

6) Oooo. Sci-fi combat. Lots of room for detailed armour penetration algorithms etc.

7) A bunch of men with shields above their heads doesn't count as tanks either.

My own idea. Let's see. a period with lots of tanks, good information on all of it...

CM: Cold War turned hot.

I wouldnt mind seeing a more modern CM. But a lot of us are more interested in WW2. There are a lot of fronts not even covered in CM. Of course you have the already mentioned early war France and the entire Pacific Theatre, not just the small island battles with the USMC, but mainland asia. Also the early war Denmark, and Norway campaigns. The campaign in Greece and Yugoslavia. You could get 2 maybe even 3 more games out of these ideas.

Originally posted by DasNoogie:

how about just a CM called TANKS. enabling you to have Tigers fight M-1 Abrams.

Oh, that would be a great idea! Almost as much fun as an Impi of Zulu warriors against Panzergrenadier companies armed with MG42s...

i still like the idea of fighting the battle of Hoth on Combat Mission.
Imperial forces land, kick dirty rebel scum's butt. End of battle.

BIG fun.

A Warhammer 40k scenario on the other hand... ;)

But it does raise a question. What is CMX2 going to be? Most of us automatically assumed it was going to be a WW2/Korea/whatever game. But BFC nevwer said. They long ago said they were interested in doing Napoleonics and ACW games aswell, but when people talk about CMX2 it is automatically assumed it's going to be an improved CM engine.

When, if ever, will BFC get around to making these Nappy/ACW games?

I agree with TinyTanker, whatever they get up to chances are I will enjoy it.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'm sorry, where exactly were the "new" ideas?

You mean repeating something that's been brought up fifty times before isn't new? Not that any of the movies or historical eras were "new" the first time they were mentioned on the BFC forums.

Just out of curiosity, is there really a need to move Combat Mission away from World War 2? Has somebody completed all the levels and killed the boss monster at the end of the game? :rolleyes::rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Does anyone remember the games Ambush and Behind Enemy Lines? My ultimate game would be WW2 at the scale of those games, where each soldier was shown, instead of abstracting infantry into squads. Individual AFVs could still be shown as well. The battles would likely be no bigger than platoon level, but the main problem with a game of this scale, would be creating enough scenarios. Still, I'd be the first one to buy it if they made a game like this.

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

You mean repeating something that's been brought up fifty times before isn't new? Not that any of the movies or historical eras were "new" the first time they were mentioned on the BFC forums.

Just out of curiosity, is there really a need to move Combat Mission away from World War 2? Has somebody completed all the levels and killed the boss monster at the end of the game? :rolleyes::rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes::rolleyes: </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

For once I agree with you.

Kitty

Ps - "Star Wars" or anything else "Sci-Fi" makes me have that warm, pre-vomit saliva taste under my tongue. Wether that's good or bad to anyone else, you're welome to your opinionsm but there's mine.

Kitty wrote:

"Star Wars" or anything else "Sci-Fi" makes me have that warm, pre-vomit saliva taste under my tongue.
How about CM: Ogre? Pan-European vs Combine units rendered in a beautiful 3-D post-nuclear world?

As I thought of this possibility, I have not perceived the described sensation. Naturally, your sensibilities may differ.

BDH

I just had visions of Fantasy General.
Didn't that have wizards and such? "My +3 Staff of Wisking strikes your +1 Shield of Halitosis for 12 hit points of damage."

Eew!

It would have to be done carefully to be worth anything. More of a speculative future tech without edging over into giant robots and disrupter rays.

BDH

Originally posted by Kitty:

"Star Wars" or anything else "Sci-Fi" makes me have that warm, pre-vomit saliva taste under my tongue. Wether that's good or bad to anyone else, you're welome to your opinionsm but there's mine.

Not to worry, Kitty, I think that's just another hairball coming up. Lord knows I've had to clean up enough of them with five cats. :mad: :D:D

Combat Mission: This Old House. Yes folks, in living 3D you can now remodel an antique house step by step! And you can do it all yourself! From ripping up the floorboards only to discover a nest of rats, to rushing to the ER with a partially amputated finger, it's all there! Haggle at the lumber supply to get a roll of weather sealant thrown in gratis with a load of siding! Search through stacks of regulations to find the paragraphs covering plumbing and wiring! Try to decide the best way to bribe the inspector! Don't miss an exciting minute of this adventure in custom remodeling, pre-order your copy now!

Michael

Im all for the historic ones.

Ill probably not buy them since Im a WWII freak, but the ideas are sound enouch. Cavalerie charges and lumbering WWI tanks...wow!

..ok maybe I would buy them :D

But Id rather have coop multiplayer (2-8 players?). Hell Id buy my selves a new 'puter to play that! :D

And offcourse real campaigns. Preferably the Steel Panther where you could set dates and number off battles!

...Id probably get divorced...

;)

Ideas

First World War - 1914-1918

Cold War - 1950s-1980s

We could have the what I like to call the Desert Wars:

Iraq and Iran - 1985(was it?)

First Gulf War - 1991

Conflict in Somalia - 1993

War Against Terror, Afghanistan - 2001

Second Gulf War - 2003

We could also have Combat Mission on a much smaller scale, where you control a unit no larger than Company size, and you can move each individual soldier, and you have to basically bring them all through the war.

[ January 05, 2004, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: lt_gouws ]