CM2 Release Date?

BFC's about a week away from the ballon dropping on T72 (and the game sounds much more ambitious than I had imagined). And let's not forget the other irons they currently have in the fire too. It sounds like they're busy boys these days. I'd be very surprised to see CMx2 come out AHEAD of schedule!

Originally posted by Tarkus:

What I do hope for is a hint as to the era they're after.

I have the following thought: if it were still WW II, they would have said so. My reasoning being that since they haven't, it must be a different era and they want it to be a surprise, for their competitors if not for us. If it is important that it be a surprise, it must be in some era that is not already saturated with games and they want to be if not the first, then the most recent in a long while.

So speculate on that!

;)

Michael

As long as it WILL be released... I remember that 2201/2002 a game should have been released called ´Duke Nukem Forever´. Right now it´s called ´Duke Nukem ForNever´. ;) Well, it´s good to know the guys from BFC work on it, but far too many games have never seen the light of day...

ME Hi!

I have the following thought: if it were still WW II, they would have said so. My reasoning being that since they haven't, it must be a different era and they want it to be a surprise, for their competitors if not for us. If it is important that it be a surprise, it must be in some era that is not already saturated with games and they want to be if not the first, then the most recent in a long while.

Civil War? Who knows there maybe a possible market out there.

Civil war - Brit - A remake of "Kingmaker" prehaps?

David

ME Hi!

David

Originally posted by Kilroy Lurking:

ME Hi!

Hi, David. Glad something finally smoked you out of the bushes. :D

ACW? There is certainly a market, but it is moderately well serviced at the moment (except for us Mac users :( ) I believe. That's a possibility, but I don't think it would be the first CMx2 game. Next year maybe.

While I would like to see an ECW game, I am very dubious about one in the CM system. I'd expect the next game on that topic to be more of a strategic/political kind of game, because that where the action is in terms of what one can do research on.

Michael

Michael

Hi, David. Glad something finally smoked you out of the bushes.
Yeah, well...My wife's iMac(RevB) turned toes up and two on one (my) machine is crowded. Also I am trying actually to PLAY CMAK so my Post readings suffered! I'm still on NA and have yet to venture further north.

With all the tizwas going on at Macsville it looks like I will delay buying a replacement until they get their act together and make some sensible announcement on their planned product line.

David