Question about Italian tankette

Actually, I checked and the CV-33 DOES just have one barrel in CMAK! It's the CV-35 that has two mgs, and there's the AT version and flamethrower version, each with its own dedicated polygon. BFC covered all bases.

I guess you were either looking at an enemy vehicle incorrectly I.D.'d due to fog-of-war, or just thought the Cv-35 was a 33.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

What were the people who designed those things thinking!?

Everybody was building something like this in the '20s and '30s. These were just a smidgen crappier than most others. They were probably okay for chasing the natives around in Libya and Somalia and almost good enough for Abyssinia. It's only when they came up against something with a real gun in it (like a Boys ATR, for instance :D ) that they came a cropper.

Michael

Actually, the idea that they were used for local policing kind of stuff makes a lot more sense... now I "get it".

Being totally ignorant, all I can say is that from the pictures we see in CMAK, I would rather be sitting in a MMG carrier than an L/35.

Does anyone have a good picture (like the above) for an MMG carrier?

Also, do the MGs in the one above have any rotation capability? Looking at the image in CMAK, I had inferred that the mount rotated somewhat. Looking at the picture above, it looks solid, pointing forward only. That seems to make it good for scare purposes only: hard to see how you could actually aim and shoot something using the steering wheel!

From Part 3 in "AFV Interiors" :

Picture 9:

This time our view is of the rear of the twin Breda MGs in their mount. The Breda MG magazine contained only around 24 rounds, but there were approximately 79 curved magazines stowed in the vehicle. As you may recall, the Breda MGs caught their spent casings in canvas bags fixes under the weapons. The sighting ocular with its surrounding eye cushion has been angled upward, but the rear of both receivers and their characteristic handles below them are clearly visible. Notice the hand wheel to the far right that elevated and depressed the weapon mount. The mount was traversed by simply swinging the weapons from side to side. The very early L.3s with the 6.5mm FIAT 14 MG had around 3800 rounds of ammo stowed inside 50 magazines, the magazines housed in similar bins on both sponsons over the tracks.

Italian CV 33/35 (L.3) Tankette, Part 2

CV-33, the uber-tankette

^

^

^

Major SPOILER coming!

^

^

^

^

"Forgotten Outpost"

^

^

^

^

The CV-33's can litterly reign in this scenario, against crack troops. Focus on the 1 Vickers and the battlefield is yours. The CV-33's totally terrorized and locked down a veteran opponent in a PBEM. Good mobility and not open topped.