Where have they all gone :(

Nobody seems to play live anymore, is cm dying, please come back, grunt, bob, sarg K, tunnel rat and co, embark, even graves for god sake smile.gif and i miss my old buddy Nemesis :( sad lonely times waiting in the proving grounds to play some newbie 500 point battle`s :(

Sad times, COME BACK mail me sometime SPECIALSPEARS ( @ ) HOTMAIL.COM

[ April 17, 2007, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Spears ]

Prehaps you could try at the following...

The FraGMent Forum and the World At War Ladder

Dont have to play on the ladder to join the forums and nabber and get opponents.

The Blitz

A Polish CM site, has an english feature so you can read the site

Onion Wars - a CMBB based Campaign

There you go, a few sites to wander around and find people to play ... there are other sites out there which ive heard of but cant remember there names.

I guess browsing some of the above or googling will find more for you to nose around?

Hope it helped you a bit smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Band of Brothers wants wayyyy too much personal information as far as I'm concerned. I ain't givin nobody my real name, my phone number, where I live or anything of the sort. I don't trust half the people online and don't believe anything the other half says. lol Anytime a site like that wants that much information about you, I suggest you be very skeptical I don't care how many post otherwise.

Or if you sign up at www.theblitz.org you can jump over to FGM where new touraments are being released all the time.

Tournaments currently running...

King of the Castle

Fight Club

Domination Europa

Byte Battle Brawl 2

Cold Wind from the East (Tri-Clan War between FGM, The Russians and Appui Feu)

The Bocage

Tank Ace

FGM Fix Bayonets

FGM v KG (Clan War)

We need you to have Blitz membership as that is where we record all our games through.

Capt Bly. BoB

The idea is to form an actual online club and to stop people enlisting several times under different names, and also as real people they are unlikely to drop games when losing.

BTW do you actually belong to any RL clubs? Do they wear masks and speak in funny voices to stop themselves being identified : )

Hi Spears!

I am still around! I typically play PBEM on BoB and ExtremeGamers. Sadly, a new job has left me with little time to play.

Spears and I used to lock horns TCP/IP on CombatMission.com which is now (sadly) defunct.

Spears is a hell of a good player--very unpredictable, aggressive and a good user of combined arms tactics. I started fighting him, Walpurgis Nacht and Graves Registration back when I was a newb and they taught me many, nasty lessons! CombatMission.com had alot of incredible players--I have not seen a concentration of talent like that ever since.

But to your point....I think in the last 6 months CM has started to die a bit. You see fewer and fewer games and folks take longer to complete them. The forums (including this one) do not have much chatter on them. When CMSF comes out......it may be another nail in the coffin.

Too bad--I think the CM series is the best series of games ever.

I would be interested in the tournament thing. How does it work?

I'm a member at the Blitz. I'm actually a better player than my record shows. The timer has robbed me of a few wins . . . as it probably has with most of us (on that note, my most recent opponent and I have decided to get rid of the timer in our next battle by setting it to sixty turns/sixty minutes)

I'm not really into the ladder thing, but the tournament idea sounds interesting.

I'd really like to play a part in a larger campaign. I recall something like that done before. Would this be similar to a tournament?

K, I just signed up for an ongoing tournament. Blitz Byte Brawl (or something like that). I see zaraza is a part of this tourney. Cool, he and I have been playing QB's for the last six months or so. We've been allowing the PC to pick the units. This was his suggestion & now I think I know where he got the idea. It's a great idea. I really like it. Theoretically, the PC picking units keeps things fair. However, this method contains an easy cheat. All a cheater would have to do is reload the game until he gets a favorable setup . . . then send it to the opponent as if it's a "random setup". Therefore, I think a third party should set up the battle for both opponents. Possible? Are the tourney's set up this way?

Originally posted by Spears:

Nobody seems to play live anymore, is cm dying, please come back, grunt, bob, sarg K, tunnel rat and co, embark, even graves for god sake smile.gif and i miss my old buddy Nemesis :( sad lonely times waiting in the proving grounds to play some newbie 500 point battle`s :(

Sad times, COME BACK mail me sometime SPECIALSPEARS ( @ ) HOTMAIL.COM

Spears

I would agree that the forums are getting quieter, but there are still plenty people out there playing.

In May I started a new tournament The Relief Of Bastogne'

Recon-Map.jpg

I thought between 20 and 30 players might participate, but it has proved more popular that... Currently 70 players are taking part ! smile.gif

CM is still going strong IMHO :D

Strength and honour !

Vulture

Long before I actually signed up to these forums, I was very briefly in a very detailed tournament. It was specifically the Germans vs. Russians along one giant front, starting with Op. Barbarossa, I believe. It also assigned people to fairly accurate positions, including rank and names. Maps were assigned and created when one side attacked the other.

Since I specifically stated I was best in an anti-tank role, I was assigned my own anti-tank unit (in reserve or as rearguard). I was also playing one of their training scenarios where I had to hold a town and relieve a German division with PZIIIJ's, PZIV 'long barrel,' and a captured T-34. I was doing pretty well until I simply did not have the time to complete the scenario :D .

I’ve been around awhile and I think the Band of Brothers CM community is one of the best.

It would be hard to find a better bunch of guys from all over the globe who are committed to playing fair and honest games.

It’s an excellent site for single scenarios, tournaments and campaigns for CMBO, CMBB and CMAK.

Welp, in the last few weeks I've written at least a half-dozen emails, not including these posts, requesting to participate in a tournament or two.

Not one response.

Nice.

Is it me? Do I smell? I mean, I'm a "dedicated" player and all. Been playing CM since day one with years of Close Combat prior to that. Real life USMC experience as well. I build military models, with some in museums. I have an extensive library including all of the best from Fedorowicz, H&C, etc. etc. I even have Dorosh's book . . . but . . . not good enough for a tournament.

O'well. I tried.

I've signed on to the Lauban forums.

Looks like a good show! I've given the rules a once-over and it certainly appears that you guys have done your homework. Very detailed. Looks like just the sort of thing I'd be interested in.

Immersive is right!

I'd prefer to start at the bottom as a tactical player for either side. As I learn the ropes I may look forward to advancing as a ME commander & on up. However, I don't know if I'd have the time for that sort of commitment at the moment.

I can get in two or three turns per day. I am VERY dedicated. If you send me a turn I WILL get it back to you as soon as humanly possible.

Looking forward to lending a hand. The thing I'm hoping to experience with tournament/campaign play is . . . battling with the big picture in mind.

One question (well, two actually), how does the game reporting go. Specifically, how do you use the Excel spreadsheet thing? I have the ability (ie. proper software), but not the knowledge. Also, do you report each turn to a superior before moving on to the next, or do you just report significant developments in the battle? I'm a bit confused by how, and to what extent, higher command gets involved in the individual battle.

We are using .txt files to list units in ME's. I think the GM's decided Excel was more trouble than any benefit it had over plain text files.

Higher command doesn't really get involved in your battles. As tactical commander, when the unit you are in charge of comes in contact with the enemy, the GM's will set up a battle between you and the enemy commander. You will go into it with instructions and a goal from your Divison/Corp Commander, but it will be up to you to carry out your orders and achieve your objective, be it attack, defend, probe, delay, or whatever.

Battle reporting is between you and higher command. Significant developments and an AAR at the end are typically what gets reported.

As soon as you have access to the rest of the forum, you'll be able to see a lot more of the process.

BTW do you actually belong to any RL clubs? Do they wear masks and speak in funny voices to stop themselves being identified : )
Yep I sure do The DEMOLAY and we have our specifics about what we WEAR and DO and it's none of your business since you aren't a member. ;) Only very special people get to join. pffft

Besides real life is a lot safer than giving some yo yo you don't even know in some other state or country all your personal information (don't do it people). But, if you want to do that silliness and stupidity it's fine by me. I'm certainly not going to fall into such a CLUB online.

Shame really...

There's 240 WeBoB members that don't have a problem with it...

We're all still playing CM

It's real easy to put FAKE numbers down on an online website. Wanna see? We have 3000 members in the club against not giving out your real name and address or any other personal information online. See, how that works pal? lol 240 members my eye.