**** ROW IV (part 5) ***

Holien,

Thanks for posting the AAR finalists. I'm looking forward to reading them.

I think it was mentioned previously that the screening judges would post comments on the AARs, ones that they found interesting, entertaining or unique. I'll bet that, just like scenario designers, AAR authors would like to get some feedback as well.

Can we expect to see some of those comments here?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capt T,

As winner of the one Finalist RoW IV section I need you to send me your delivery details as well as social security # for delivery of your RoW prize.

Reason for your social secury number, as one gent asked earlier, is as follows, if you want to stomach a long-winded reason that is:

The USA Food & Drug Administration needs it - via their “Prior Notice” online website which I fill in at https://www.access.fda.gov/oaa - when the wine enters the USA via JFK airport. All wines from South Africa via TNT first go through this airport by air before being re-directed.

All consumables (even dog food!) needs to go through an online “Prior Notice” process, due to the USA’s Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002, effective 12 Dec 2003, with the added details of social security numbers of recipients being needed.

The act stipulates that any importation in or through the USA of food/drink articles must be notified to the FDA prior to arrival on US soil. As a consequence, any shipper (like me) must register on the above FDA website and this Prior Notice certificate must be completed before shipping.

Life sucks even for us foreign wine merchants after 9/11!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Wine donations send to the following for contributions to Combat Mission:

</font>

“I am simultaneously embarrassed and proud to state for the record that only two bottles of your fine South African wines remain in my wine rack. The rest gave their lives honorably in the service of the construction of CMAK over the past several months.” -- Charles Moylan, CM programmer, 28 Nov. 2003

[ October 21, 2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Holien,

I think it was mentioned previously that the screening judges would post comments on the AARs, ones that they found interesting, entertaining or unique. I'll bet that, just like scenario designers, AAR authors would like to get some feedback as well.

Can we expect to see some of those comments here?

Hi Ace,

I remember that it was asked for but I don't remember any judges saying that they would comment.

I will comment about some AAR's that I found interesting but will leave those comments out of here until people have voted.

I do not want to influence the process with any remarks that might sway people one way or another.

Also please bear in mind that we did not sit down and write a report for each AAR we read. That would have taken far too much time.

Our Primary Aim was to shift all the AAR's in a consistent manner to arrive at the top five. (In Our View.)

I am more than happy to give personal feedback off the forum via E-mail on specific AAR's and how I rated it. Just e-mail me privately and I will answer any questions you or anyone else has.

I hope that helps?

H

Hi John.

1st Normal voting rules apply. The authors can choose if they vote and who they vote for.

2nd Sorry about the format but that is what the authors submitted and I am not comfortable changing the format as I do not want to change in any shape or form how the author submitted their work.

Is there any way that you can download a document viewer for the Mac?

Maybe get a friend to download and print it off on their machine and give you the paper copy?

Or perhaps buy a PC and be done with all these problems?

smile.gif

The last suggestion should be taken with a pinch of salt.

H

GoJ I now have broadband which means I can send the previous AAR's to people a lot quicker.

If you still want to host the files now the competition is over I see no problem with that as long as WWB and KF are OK with it?

Thanks for pointing JK in the right direction.

smile.gif

H

[ October 23, 2004, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Vote For Your Favourite Scenario

Yes that is right not only do the AAR get a prize but now the Scenario designers get a reward.

As per the AAR prize vote for all the scenarios from 1 to 8. I.e. 1 = the one you want to win the prize 1st and 8th = last in the line.

You need to have played in the tourney.

Voting ends when I pick up the e-mails on Sunday morning.

The Designer will either get an extra ration of wine or if they can not get the wine they will get a Years subscription to After the Battle.

So lets get those votes in...

H

Hi, Can I ask any who read this thread to remind ROW players that they can vote.

Not too many votes in so far and I am wondering if players know about it? Or just are not that bothered?

Spread the word gents.

Can I stress I need votes from 1 to x so I can use PR to decide an overall winner.

If you just choose 1 then you might lose out on the chance to influence who wins.

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/polit/damy/articles/articles.htm

See the above site if you want to know more about PR Voting.

H

Why not open a new topic on ROW-IV? (call it "ROW-IV AAR Votes" or equivalent)

Maybe those who have competed are not checking this topic anymore? A new thread might catch their attention and you can make the pitch for votes in the opening post.

[ October 26, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Kulin ]

Originally posted by Holien:

Hi, Can I ask any who read this thread to remind ROW players that they can vote.

Not too many votes in so far and I am wondering if players know about it? Or just are not that bothered?

H

With the exception of Steve's the other 4 finalist AARs are darn long. It's taking ages to slog through them and try to gain either entertainment or enlightenment... Sunday might be too soon to have formed an opinion.

GaJ.