CMAK v1.02 Patch Released!!!! Put down Halo 2 and Half Life 2 and grab it!

Madmatt

We always bring along some loaded conscripts on every patrol. If supplies run dry, we tap 'em and drink 'em.

We tried frozen Minnesotans as back-up kegs, but when they thawed the smell was awful and shrinkage was something shocking, so we abandoned them and settled for dehydrated kiwis instead.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add, that the famous WG-units are back. This problem seemed to be solved

with the last patch(i think so), but now they are back. Is there anything i can do to get rid of them?

I reinstalled my divisionsigns, they show up properly, but in the buymenu or within the game when looking at the unit info, they are still called WG-mechanisiert, for example. Any advices?Any ideas?

Or is this the price i have to pay for having the german language back in the game? Then it wasnt worth it ;)

Originally posted by Toad:

No Macintosh patch would be complete without some ranting about OS X support. So; blah, blah, blah - Mac OS 9 was discontinued by Apple in May, 2002 - blah, blah, blah - new Mac computers won't run OS 9 and haven't for years - blah, blah, blah - Battlefront blames Apple for not telling them about dropping support for Rave and no one will deprive them of forever being bitter about it - blah, blah, blah - Battlefront would prefer to re-invent the graphic engine wheel by spending years making their own instead of adopting one of the dozens that are out there and even that won't be used to update the present Combat Mission series. Meaning: the Combat Mission series for Mac is dead - blah, blah, blah.

Advice: Since all the pieces line up to reveal that the Mac version of Combat Mission is dead, (releasing a patch for an OS that isn't around anymore isn't exactly lively development) Battlefront should sell-off the Mac version of the game to a company with the time and talent to get it up to date with OS X. There's money to be made from selling OS X versions of the three games. I'll be one of the first customers.

THANKS for the rant!

That was Perfect!

I particularily liked this part:

"Battlefront would prefer to re-invent the graphic engine wheel by spending years making their own instead of adopting one of the dozens that are out there and even that won't be used to update the present Combat Mission series. Meaning: the Combat Mission series for Mac is dead - blah, blah, blah."

I'm still chuckling about it.

-tom w

I'm still disgusted that the entire Cromwell series plus all the other tanks I ever wanted plus an extra theatre plus sharks with fricking laser beams on their heads haven't been included in the patch.

I mean, really. Can you believe it?

I think it's about time someone held the jump leads over the top of Charles' fluid and motivated him.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Links to the readme and Mac English versions should now be fixed. Now sure about that Type 193 error since no one else is seeing that. Best to download it again and maybe from somewhere else.

Madmatt

Its something scrogged on my win2000 machine. I am getting the same message when trying to re-install the game from the CD. I will probably have to format, reinstall OP sys plus software.

I installed CMAK on the XP laptop and the patch does 'work' there. The laptop does not display properly the menus, etc but the patch 'took'. When installing on the laptop, some files from the disk were not readable off the CD. I dod not have a backup of the CD. How do I get a replacement then?

Battlefront y00 r000le (my try at l33t speach).

Now back to Counter-Strike Source and (especially) HALF-LIFE 2 !

I'll check out the patch later smile.gif .

But thanks all the same !

//Salkin

Useless-no good for nothing-playing other companies games-fanboy from hell(and sweden)

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Quick question: If the 1.02 patch incorporates all the changes/fixes ( is cumalative (sp?) )from 1.01 how come it's 7MB long when v1.01 is 15MB? I'm not complaining, just wondering.

I think, when the patch is unzipped, the size reach around 37MB.