CMAK v1.02 Patch Released!!!! Put down Halo 2 and Half Life 2 and grab it!

Madmatt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Pheasant Plucker:

Some probably obvious information for CDV users - If your system (like mine) defaults to a CMAK\Run\ New Folder directory structure when you click on the Run part during patch installation, you need to delete the \New Folder appendage.

For everyone else especially MD look what's finally here:

After all this time we don't get one Bren on a tripod - we get two :D

I just noticed this. I'm in the middle of a PBEM so likely won't patch for a while.

I don't see any mention of Canadians using the Thompson - they should use them exclusively in CMAK. Was this changed? Also, not sure why anyone gets the Sten, I thought there was no 9mm in theatre?

Did Fireflies get platooned with regular Shermans, finally?

EDIT - the read me says two things - Churchills for Canadians only before Aug 1943, then it says Churchill tanks removed from Canadian service. EDIT AGAIN - ah, I see the 1.01 and the 1.02 changes are listed seperately. Glad to see the Churchill taken out of the game. Yayyyyy

The Otter is a nice touch also.

[ November 16, 2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

It shouldn't matter if you are in the middle of PBEM games... I just saved my games, installed the patch, and sent them out as 1.02 versions (now my usual opponent needs to install).

Of course you probably know that... I guess you don't want to change a game mid stream.

Thanks to battlefront for the patch! I am looking forward to the new fixes.

One thing I've noticed that I cannot find mentioned anywhere in the read me.

I've just finished a QB game: Regular Allied Poms V German Conscripts in Crete (May 41) and was about the set up a return grudge match (don't ask me about it) with the German Conscript boys, and all of a sudden I cannot get German Conscripts in Crete anymore.

Was that intentional?

(And I know that in the 1.01 read me says conscripts aren't given if you choose 'medium' quality troops in a QB, but I carefully selected 'low' quality troops twice (once Airborne and the other time Mountain troops), and both times I just got Green boys.

I know that this is the "last of the CMAK patches" but I would feel a bit better if it was intentional and just missed out being mentioned in the Read Me...

And re my earlier post about a lack of dreaded Conscripts in Crete, my mistake (sort of.... oh well, mostly!)

If I choose Germans as the Nationality, I don't get German Conscripts.

But if I select "Unrestricted" when choosing the Nationality, I can still get German Conscripts.

I guess the German Germans are less useless than the Unrestricted Germans.

Mine is not to reason why, I'm just a Useless Aussie electronic solider.

I think I'll have another beer now. It's been ages since the last one *burp*

*burp!* Aussie scientists are developing a special beer back-pack with a tube bringing beer around to the drinker's mouth so you can operate dangerous machinery or MGs and drink at the same time - so there's hardly ever any down-time! I hear they even have a twin-tank model for scuba drinkers: one tank oxygen, the other amber nectar.

Originally posted by REVS:

One thing I've noticed that I cannot find mentioned anywhere in the read me.

I've just finished a QB game: Regular Allied Poms V German Conscripts in Crete (May 41) and was about the set up a return grudge match (don't ask me about it) with the German Conscript boys, and all of a sudden I cannot get German Conscripts in Crete anymore.

Was that intentional?

In 1941, Mountain and Airborne troops aren't going to be conscript. You could make an arguement that there shouldn't be any green either

Any rabid dog and his pet gnome knows that you should never be allowed Conscript Airborne troops in Crete, 1941, but as you can see from my brilliantly confusing posts above, you actually CAN get Conscript Airborne Paras in Crete in 1941, provided they're unrestricted Germans, and not German Germans.

So much for historical accuracy – and there aint no more patches, either, so Conscript Paras in Crete it is.

PS: that's what I'm really looking forward to in CM2. Conscript SAS!