All of your CMAK Demo and Pre-Order are belong to us....

Madmatt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Cardinal Fang:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elmo:

I don't need no stinking demo, but it does look like I'm the first one here to confirm my preorder.

Sure ignore my post, see if I care! tongue.gif

Now where is that NyQuil?

Cardinal Fang </font>

Originally posted by Elmo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cardinal Fang:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elmo:

I don't need no stinking demo, but it does look like I'm the first one here to confirm my preorder.

Sure ignore my post, see if I care! tongue.gif

Now where is that NyQuil?

Cardinal Fang </font>

"...snail mail in Australia, it'll be lucky to arrive by Christmas..."

YOU have SNAIL MAIL, I have RICKSHAW MAIL! :D I'll just be happy to get my copy before the Chinese New Year! :rolleyes: In the meantime, I'll kill the time by playing this cool game--maybe you guys still remember it, it's called CMBB! ;)

Have any other Mac users had a problem with the interface in the demo?

interface.jpg

G4 450 Dual with aftermarket ATI AGP Retail Radeon 32mb

Edit: Gulp *comes up for air*

Sorted, just needed to up the application memory allocation via "Apple i".

Deep breath *Dives back into CMAK*

[ November 19, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

Have any other Mac users had a problem with the interface in the demo?

interface.jpg

G4 450 Dual with aftermarket ATI AGP Retail Radeon 32mb

Hmmm.. Weird one. I had very slight issues like that (using the same(?) Radeon 7000 32 AGP), but nothing as bad as you seem to have - i.e. I had some fractured colours, but all was readable. Then before we finished testing I changed to PC, so I never got round to seeing what happened in the end.

I'll see if I can test it on the old machine during the weekend.

Couple Mac graphics oddities that I've noticed (and I haven't even played the game yet).

I'm running a G4 Dual (1000Meg) w/ GE Force4 MX vid card

First, when I go the main screen and run my pointer over the startgame, multiplayer and exit buttons the text on the little space in the bottom gets all bollixed up - ie, the text doesn't go away when I run the pointer onto a new button, just layers it over.

Second, as soon as I pass the menu screens and get into the "loading 3d graphics" screen, the mouse pointer changes to a small black box with a white line on the left side. This stays into the game, although all mouse functions seem to be available. BTW, I'm using an Apple pro mouse.

Screen shots available if you need 'em.

Quit the app, find the app, single click on it and do an "APPLE i" and change the memory allocation from the default 77400k to as much as you can spare - Try not to have anything else running if you can .

My mac has 512mb (System uses 113mb) installed and so I upped CMAK to 152800k - Virtual memory OFF

Hope that helps

Originally posted by jbertles:

Couple Mac graphics oddities that I've noticed (and I haven't even played the game yet).

I'm running a G4 Dual (1000Meg) w/ GE Force4 MX vid card

First, when I go the main screen and run my pointer over the startgame, multiplayer and exit buttons the text on the little space in the bottom gets all bollixed up - ie, the text doesn't go away when I run the pointer onto a new button, just layers it over.

Second, as soon as I pass the menu screens and get into the "loading 3d graphics" screen, the mouse pointer changes to a small black box with a white line on the left side. This stays into the game, although all mouse functions seem to be available. BTW, I'm using an Apple pro mouse.

Screen shots available if you need 'em.

[ November 19, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by TANK ACE:

I have a question. Can we take sounds like rifle sounds from the CMBO *SE* wavs and put them in place of the ones in CMAK demo? Are they the same type of file or watever?

Answer should be yes (Dont have demo yet). Its still the same game as CMBO and CMBB even though its using lower quality recordings (22kHz) it should still be capable of 44kHz recordings. You just have to rename it to the one you want to replace. If the sound is distorted (which I doubt) in game then you would have to resample the CMBO sound file down to 22kHz before rename it.

Quote:

Quit the app, find the app, single click on it and do an "APPLE i" and change

the memory allocation from the default 77400k to as much as you can spare -

Try not to have anything else running if you can .

My mac has 512mb (System uses 113mb) installed and so I upped CMAK to

152800k - Virtual memory OFF

Wicky:

No good, I tried your remedies. Glitches still remain. Any other mac users getting this strangeness?

Next I'll try downloading the demo again.

Just in case anyone is interested, I just D/L the demo...damn I love cable modems...and the demo looks really good on my ol' IMAC DV with the 8 MB video card. Of course I always keep my monitor at 800 x600, so there is probably some downsampling, but WOW, it still looks damn good....another super job, I'm gonna look for a used powerbook just to keep playing my CM games when I finally have to go to OS X.....and even $10 less than CMBB :D What more could you ask right before Christmas ;) Can't wait to see the new engine that can run in native OS X

A constantly happy CM player...