All of your CMAK Demo and Pre-Order are belong to us....

Madmatt

The demo's sounds need to be 22hz, if you put a 44hz sample in it will play back too fast as I recall.

Also, you said you wanted to replace the sounds in the demo from CMBO-SE...Um, why? Let me explain.

The rifle sounds in CMBO-SE were actually the same rifle sounds from CMBB (I know I recorded them). CMAK also uses that rifle sound, but only for the Germans since it was the sound of a 98k to begin with. In CMAK, there is one set of rifle sounds for all allies, which is a M1 Garand, and one for the Axis which is the Kar. Why would you want to replace the newer M1 sounds with the same sounds the other side uses?

In CMBB, since both sides used bolt action rifles (Mosin Nagant's and Kar's), they in reality sounded pretty similar. In CMAK, obviously the US uses a semi-auto rifle which has a distinct sound (anyone hear the metal clip getting ejected yet in one of the M1 sounds?).

Due to limited space I was not able to give the Italians and other allies separate rifle sounds, they either use the Kar or M1 sounds. they do have unique sounds for some of there other small arms and MG's though of course.

So anyway, long answer to short question. You will need to downsample any sound you want to use in the demo. In the full game, you will not need to downsample.

Madmatt

[ November 19, 2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah....sweet, sweet pre-order. And demo! Going to install now, even though this means I will probably now be up til all hours of the friggin' night. Great.

Uh Matt, I am certain I specifically asked you to email me when the flag went up. WTF?

Oh, and a nice fluffy hug to all of you, in advance. smile.gif

Cheers to the team at BFC.

I've downloaded the demo, didn't take too long with broadband, but I'll hold off pre-ordering the full version until after all the pre-orders have been cleared. Like the unfortunate gentleman who posted earlier, my pre-ordered CMBB didn't arrive for a month. I've got the willpower.

Anyway, it's nice to hear English again after a year of CMBB.

Danny

Originally posted by Mirage2k:

Of course, the demo would have to be released the very night before one of my major papers is due this semester. BFC plz fix or somefink!!111!!!

Woot! I finally got to try out the demo after I finished my paper at like 2:00am. I only tried the first scenario, but that kept me up 'till 6:00 anyway ("just one more turn syndrome" strikes again). tongue.gif

Awesome job, guys. The dust is fantastic.

Originally posted by jbertles:

Quote:

Any other mac users getting this strangeness?

Next I'll try downloading the demo again.

Hi, John!

I'm not getting your first problem on my 17" iMac but I am getting this one: "Second, as soon as I pass the menu screens and get into the 'loading 3d graphics' screen, the mouse pointer changes to a small black box with a white line on the left side. This stays into the game, although all mouse functions seem to be available. BTW, I'm using an Apple pro mouse."

I get the exact same black box with the white line on the left side. It doesn't seem to inhibit the mouse functions but it is a little distracting and slightly awkward when trying to click on a unit at times. If anyone has any clues/fixes, they would be appreciated.

I wrote:I downloaded the windows version and there seems to be a problem with the 1-minute turn counter. If I press the forward or rewind buttons, or if I go to desktop the turn never ends and the opposing troops keep moving right through my troops without engaging them and eventually walk off my edge of the board. It doesn't keep me from playing the demo - but I only get to watch the movie once, and in real time. I though the BFC crew might like to know so you can fix it when you get some free time.

Madmatt wrote: Turn off any programs that may be running in the background, espicially instant messengers. See if that makes a difference.

Yeah, that seems to have done the trick. I only had 2 Autocad applications, 3 internet browsers, 1 stocks streamer and several word processing apps running in conjunction with CMAK.

BFC please fix or sumfink!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by jbertles:

Quote:

Any other mac users getting this strangeness?

Next I'll try downloading the demo again.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Hi, John!

I'm not getting your first problem on my 17" iMac but I am getting this one: "Second, as soon as I pass the menu screens and get into the 'loading 3d graphics' screen, the mouse pointer changes to a small black box with a white line on the left side. This stays into the game, although all mouse functions seem to be available. BTW, I'm using an Apple pro mouse."

I get the exact same black box with the white line on the left side. It doesn't seem to inhibit the mouse functions but it is a little distracting and slightly awkward when trying to click on a unit at times. If anyone has any clues/fixes, they would be appreciated.

</font>

</font>

Originally posted by Madmatt:

... In CMAK, there is one set of rifle sounds for all allies, which is a M1 Garand, ... (anyone hear the metal clip getting ejected yet in one of the M1 sounds?) ...

Due to limited space I was not able to give the [] other allies separate rifle sounds, they [] use the [] M1 sounds.

Splendid. I can't wait to hear that pinging metal clip being ejected while while watching SMLEs firing. That should add immensly to the immersion factor. ;):(

Regards

JonS

[ November 20, 2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

... In CMAK, there is one set of rifle sounds for all allies, which is a M1 Garand, ... (anyone hear the metal clip getting ejected yet in one of the M1 sounds?) ...

Due to limited space I was not able to give the [] other allies separate rifle sounds, they [] use the [] M1 sounds.

Splendid. I can't wait to hear that pinging metal clip being ejected while while watching SMLEs firing. That should add immensly to the immersion factor. ;):(

Regards

JonS </font>

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Regards

JonS </font>

In yet another example of just how on the ball these guys are, they are one of the few companies that seems to realize that mailing to an APO address is just like sending mail within the US. I don't know how many of my dollars a lot of these companies have lost because they just can't handle APO orders.

Well my order is in, hopefully Christmas will find me walzing Matildas across the Tunisian sands.