It's a Challenge to tie a Pengeroo down, sport !

I imagine all your little personal maps laid out before me, all the little journeys of your lives, with spouting whales in the corners, and 'here be monsters' written across the dark, unmapped and empty territory of your minds. And even when every well blazed trail is followed, when every jot and tittle of Atitude and Longing Too have been calculated and observed, when at last the intrepid explorer stands at the very center of your being, the only thing there will be the echoing fade of some old Neil Young lyrics...

and everybody seems to wonder

what it's like down here

I got to get away from this day-to-day running around

'cause everybody knows, this is nowhere...

Carpe Carne, people.

Seize the meat.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Kitty; No sign of a fragile ego here, as her overwhelming number of American E-light troops roll over my hapless teutonic conscripts.

Ha! You mean my handful of green but expertly lead troops.

As for responding to the PMS post by what's his name, no time now. The tension that's building in you as you await my eventual assault will be enough for now. Alas I have to go take a test for school and learn more about how to continue providing you sods with quality meals.

Seanachi is hereby appointed acting Prime Minister until my return.

Kitty

Originally posted by Kitty:

Seanachi is hereby appointed acting Prime Minister until my return.

Kitty

Aha! Unearned and ill-deserved power at last!

Everyone cluster around, kneel, and kiss my ring...

And I mean 'ring'. It's not a metaphor, it's not a freaking double entendre, it's just a ring. It looks just like an armadillo. That may be a metaphor, but I'm not sure for what. But I want it kissed now, repeatedly, by kneeling supplicant after kneeling worshipper until it gleams from the polishing by many lips.

Right! Who's first?

Originally posted by R Leete:

Even if we kneel, do you think you can reach high enough without using a chair?

Touché, you little monster.

I believe I have had a very good effect on this group. Through your association with me, your wits have all undergone a burnishing process, to the point where I can see myself in your jibes!

Nowhere has this been more satisfying than in the case of my former Squires such as yourself, Roger. Why, when you first arrived here, you started out by choosing a screenname using all that silly 'I OWN UZ DUDE' style of writing. And then, for the longest time, you would not even accept Knighthood, not yet feeling worthy.

But now you answer me back with a distinct sneer. When someday we meet face to face, RLeete, I hope you realize, as you lie curled up on the ground from the sudden boot to the fork, that the foot that found you was powered by pride, lad, and not anger.

And now I would humbly beseech the advice of Seanachaibard. I seek guidance, I seek counsel, you finally post while I'm awake.

I have run afoul of late. My words, innocently cast out for consumption, have (most recently) been twisted and misconstrued by those who cannot see the purity of my intent.

Am I to suffer the slings and arrows of well-deserved misfortune because certain of our literary experts have misinterpreted the meaning of my warm-spirited words?

I have heard that you have some knowledge in this field.

Plus, none of the long-winded and overly critical lads have bothered to send turns tonight, so blame Lars, Boo, and dalem (Always a sensible course, regardless).

Now, where was I?

Right... what advice can you offer to one who has been so unjustly accused?

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

And now I would humbly beseech the advice of Seanachaibard. I seek guidance, I seek counsel, you finally post while I'm awake.

I have run afoul of late. My words, innocently cast out for consumption, have (most recently) been twisted and misconstrued by those who cannot see the purity of my intent.

Well, young Boggs, I too know the pain that comes from having what you say misrepresented, misconstrued, and incorrectly reported.

What I find often works is to try and use very small words with maximum emotional impact.

For example, I have often said things on the General Forum such as 'I do not agree with you, and I am filled with loathing by your brutal hypocrisy and cynical spin-doctoring'.

What others then claimed I said, of course, is 'I am a liberal wanker who doesn't know anything.'

My replies around the theme 'Sir, you do me no greater disservice than you do yourself by so cavalierly regarding what I am saying to you as ill-informed political partisanship. We may never agree, but I ask you to at least acknowledge that my beliefs are no more dishonestly held than your own.'

Responses to this sort of argument varied between 'Christ, you talk like a fruit' and 'liberal wanker, liberal wanker, liberal wanker'.

Finally I hit upon the method I've recommended to you above.

Now I simply shout 'f**k you, you f*****g c********r'. This seems to be understood by even the most lack-witted, but it does lack a great deal of eloquence and, dare I say it, elegance. However, on the plus side it will immediately get Uberfunbunny to start prancing about like someone's Auntie that's encountered a bad smell at the tea party, and demanding that either the servants or the Moderators do something.

Now, my dear Jim, do not, however, make the mistake that I did, and indulge in this vile display publicly (unless, as a I say, you want to see UberFun do the Auntie Dance). Nor should you adopt this tone and treatment with those you are having a political or societal disagreement with, because you may, perhaps, have misjudged them, or because you will do more harm to your own views.

If, in the other hand, you are talking about being misunderstood or misrepresented by creatures like Dalem, Lars or some of that lot, then, by all means, use private emails to shout short, explosive words of great vulgarity at them instantly, arranged in an endless re-patterning of repetition like an I Ching composed of obscenities.

If you do it long enough, even that lot should catch on to what you're telling them.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I believe I have had a very good effect on this group. Through your association with me, your wits have all undergone a burnishing process, to the point where I can see myself in your jibes!

Complemented by the Noisome One? I think I am in need of a very hot bath, with plenty of lye soap.

Originally posted by R Leete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Complemented by the Noisome One? I think I am in need of a very hot bath, with plenty of lye soap. </font>

I just got word from the Queen and she asked me to let you all know that she is fine and has been taking a break from the web. She thanks all those who sent her e-mails for their concern and promises to write back (and post) soon.

I, for one, look forward to the Queen's glorious return and the inevitable punishment of the usurper of her Royal Throne.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Plus, none of the long-winded and overly critical lads have bothered to send turns tonight, so blame Lars, Boo, and dalem (Always a sensible course, regardless).

Now, where was I?

I can advise you to check your inbox for the turn I sent yesterday, you single-lobed sub-human.

I will --

woops! thought my tummy was feeling better but maybe I need to

If, in the other hand, you are talking about being misunderstood or misrepresented by creatures like Dalem, Lars or some of that lot, then, by all means, use private emails to shout short, explosive words of great vulgarity at them instantly, arranged in an endless re-patterning of repetition like an I Ching composed of obscenities.

If you do it long enough, even that lot should catch on to what you're telling them.

Rheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Now I simply shout 'f**k you, you f*****g c********r'. This seems to be understood by even the most lack-witted, but it does lack a great deal of eloquence and, dare I say it, elegance. However, on the plus side it will immediately get Uberfunbunny to start prancing about like someone's Auntie that's encountered a bad smell at the tea party, and demanding that either the servants or the Moderators do something.

What frightens me the most is that i could actually understand two words of considerable length with only 4 letters.

Everyone cluster around, kneel, and kiss my ring...

Right! Who's first?

Hang on a minute, WE may just be a Royal Figurehead, but WE still have to sign the document to enact your temporary position.

So....You can kiss OUR ring first.

KING MACE

Seanachai of the Garden,

Welcome back ye of gnomish stature. I had offered countless times some scenarios to help you pass the time. You never responded. For this, I am sending you a vile and nasty little [bah! a couple divisions are on the map] scenario to play. May it cause you much pain. This one is hot off the presses.

Rune

I fricken hate funeral homes and the slimy salesmen that inhabit them. Even though they are set up nice and pretty, the denizens are worthy of a stay in one of Berli's domains.

"Oh, wouldn't the deceased have wanted a nice, gold inlaid registry book with tassels"?? Only $70.00 more for some piece of mind.

Bastards...

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I fricken hate funeral homes and the slimy salesmen that inhabit them. Even though they are set up nice and pretty, the denizens are worthy of a stay in one of Berli's domains.

"Oh, wouldn't the deceased have wanted a nice, gold inlaid registry book with tassels"?? Only $70.00 more for some piece of mind.

Bastards...

Unfortunately Hiram the need to aquire wealth has invaded every aspect of our daily lives, including the most private and painful.

Funeral Homes are just a business, like McDonald's and Exxon gas stations.

Please accept my sympathy in your time of sadness.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Well, young Boggs, I too know the pain that comes from having what you say misrepresented, misconstrued, and incorrectly reported.

What I find often works is to try and use very small words with maximum emotional impact.

For example, I have often said things on the General Forum such as 'I do not agree with you, and I am filled with loathing by your brutal hypocrisy and cynical spin-doctoring'.

What others then claimed I said, of course, is 'I am a liberal wanker who doesn't know anything.'

My replies around the theme 'Sir, you do me no greater disservice than you do yourself by so cavalierly regarding what I am saying to you as ill-informed political partisanship. We may never agree, but I ask you to at least acknowledge that my beliefs are no more dishonestly held than your own.'

Responses to this sort of argument varied between 'Christ, you talk like a fruit' and 'liberal wanker, liberal wanker, liberal wanker'.

Finally I hit upon the method I've recommended to you above.

Now, my dear Jim, do not, however, make the mistake that I did, and indulge in this vile display publicly (unless, as a I say, you want to see UberFun do the Auntie Dance). Nor should you adopt this tone and treatment with those you are having a political or societal disagreement with, because you may, perhaps, have misjudged them, or because you will do more harm to your own views.

If you do it long enough, even that lot should catch on to what you're telling them. </font>

rune

Did you get my "review" of the encounter with Lurkur? As your e-mail addie is undisplayed, I was forced to send it through the BFC tab on your profile. Having received no acknowledgement, I do not know if you have received your severe admonishment. Oh, and be veeeeery careful opening Lurkur's review, for I have heard rumors...

Seanachai

I have read your advice a number of times (1). I find it most bewildering and lacking in the advice I had sought. I am, however in complete agreement with certain parts of it:

Christ, you do talk like a fruit!

This is actually a violation of the Thread Rules, as I am sure the Justicar will be along any minute now to point out.

For you edification, I will paraphrase the code in question:

Talk like you have a pear, don't talk about your pear.

This would, I believe, also cover talking like a pear.