lack of blood and guts

I understand that this game is suppose to be realistic, but where is the blood? When an infantry soldier is hit by artillery, I would expect limbs to fly everywhere. Orthopaedic realism please. Perhaps we will have an "18 rating" for the next game then. After all, warfare is for adults not kids.

Is it the one with civilians in it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need a forum for newbies, and once they have read enough threads they graduate into the realm of common sense. :D

I just love when these newbs come into the forum after playing MOHAA and other FPS games and think they know it all then precede to tell everyone what is real and what isn't.

No offense dude but maybe you actually need to do some real WWII research, such as books and documentaries before telling us all how it was.

[ February 01, 2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

Ugh!

One more time, blood and guts adds zero, absolutely nothing to the simulation of real world tactics, all it does do is cheapen the sacrifice made by those who actually fought and died in that war. Why is this a hard concept to grasp is beyond me.

OK, I too am a newbie, but frankly I purchased these games/sims for the strategy. These games/sims DO (or are supposed to) represent real battles to a degree, and thus *REAL* people (indirectly at least) - many of whom died (on all sides). Think about this when you ask to see blood and guts then - how would you feel if they modelled a soldier in great detail, to look exactly like your father or grandfather, and it was HIM who had his face blown off, or his legs blown off? I would think it would shake the living (expletive) out of you. At least it better! So why would you want to see other people's guts being blown to bits? Please, there are plenty of blood/guts/gory games on the market now (unfortunately) - let's not us add to the "grossness" that is war but instead stick to the strategic/tactical elements instead. Let's honour the people that died, not disgrace them by sensationalizing a body being torn to shreds in a computer game. If that still doesn't satisfy you, then there are plenty of real world conflicts going on in the world. I'm certain you would get more than your fill if you want to go and check them out in person... assuming you survive that is.

Glenn

Uuum what's wrong whit little gore? Fracly I miss CMBO clear and low end user friendly graphics but as the common trent goes for more and shinier they might as well add the blood and gore animations to cm3. smile.gif

Thou the parental lock should be named as grog lock appearantly from all these post. ;)

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

{snip}...as the common trent goes for more and shinier... {snip}

When did Lott start chasing multitudes of bright objects? Before or after he decided to step down as Senate Leader?

Oh, "HI MOM!" Send English teachers.

We strive for realism as and when it has an impact on the outcome of the simulation. Flying body parts do not qualify. We do simulate the morale strain when excessive casualties are taken, but there is no point whatsoever to present this kind of gore to the player. This is a firm stand and design policy that we are not going to change, and therefore this discussion (and thread) is closed (and locked).

Martin