Sock It To Me, Peng Challenge!

Originally posted by rune:

So, I will go back to playing in the desert with explody things. NG Cavscout, your next task is to write a report: "Why The House of Shaw make the Italians look good in 1940". subtitle it "See Joebob run, run Joebob run!

Rune [/QB]

Why the House of the unShaven Palm makes the Pasta Benders look good in 1940.

This is a question which has long puzzled man (and gnome) kind. What, we ask ourselves, could possibly make the bumbling, Keystone Cop-like performance of the new Roman Legions look, at least adequate, if not actually competent.

Well, the Shavings have managed to do it quite handily, thank you very much. How you ask? Three things, first, navigation. As you can see, even when in retreat, the Italians were able to find their way from Bardia to Soluch.

strategicMap.png

The Shavings on the other hand, have considerable difficulty in finding their way to the shower, at least that is how the experts explain away the curious odor, ok, the technical term would be stench I guess, that seems to accompany them from garbage can to garbage can in their daily grazings.

Second, and in direct linear progression (much like the Shavings family "trees") would be the issue of body hair control and hair care. As you can see, from this blended photo, there is a soldier from the Alpini division making up the left side of the model, and an unidentified [cough-joe-cough] Shavian making up the right. The typical Italian soldier of 1940 is hairy, no doubt about it. But the Italian lacks the genetic recessives typifing the Yeti-like characteristics of the average Shavian .

back1bef.jpg

The Shavians never turned away from the true evil of the mullet, exemplified by this unidentified photo of a member of the Shaving house, taken from a webcam advertised on "Hairy Hunks" website.

mulletflag2.jpg

Here we see a "Breeding Crew" from the Shaving house, doing their part to "recruit" another Mormon Wife.

nailman.gif

notice the trademark mullet on the leftmost thug?

Third, the Shavenanigans have adopted the evil Swede Siderreal. Who, when he isn't corrupting young reindeer, or designing the perfect sauna, occupies himself plotting the downfall of local groundhog colonies, and trying to scare up mortgage business in Scandanavia for his liege.

So as you can see, from this incomplete study, although a part of the European Axis, the Italians were much less of a threat to global civilization than the infamous "House of Shaw"

[ August 15, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: NG cavscout ]

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Eichenbaum, I stand corrected. I am amazed to find that I am not the slowest member of the Peng Challenge at returning turns.

In celebration of my new, speedy hare image, I will send out turns tonight to all and sundry.

Yeh yeh .. ok... I have seen enough tongue.gif . 4 months for 1 turn is quite a time. I Wish you good luck with the battle! - STOP

Originally posted by Moriarty:

Hoo, boy, that’s a good-un, Boo. A real knee-slapper.

Is that the best you can do?

No. I try to gear my responses to the same level of the initiating remark.

Your insignificance pales in comparison with your uselessness.

Wow! That's good! You don't mind if I write that down, do yuh? Jeez, to be singled out and slammed by the great MoreArty (Motto: Yesterday, I couldn't even spell copy editor. Now I are one.) is certainly a feather in my cap. Have you always been this good with the caustic rejoinder, or are the remedial English classes finally paying off?

MY GOOD FAITH HAS BEEN CALLED INTO QUESTION! By Moriarty no less, although I'm not sure if that implies you could BE less than Moriarty, which is false on the face of it.

I did receive a turn from him on May 24th ... BUT I DIDN'T RECORD IT! Therefore, I hold no responsibility for not returning it since I didn't know it was there. I presumed that Moriarty might, during that time frame, have rubbed a couple of brain cells together and questioned the delay had I been lax in my duties but as I received NO COMMUNICATION from him and had NO RECORD of having received the turn I am clearly absolved of all blame.

Joe

[ August 15, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

<font size=-1>I did receive a turn from him on May 24th ... BUT I DIDN'T RECORD IT! Therefore, I hold no responsibility for not returning it since I didn't know it was there. I presumed that Moriarty might, during that time frame, have rubbed a couple of brain cells together and questioned the delay had I been lax in my duties but as I received NO COMMUNICATION from him and had NO RECORD of having received the turn I am clearly absolved of all blame.</font>

No "record" of it? What do you do, Joe, engrave it onto stone tablets? "DON'T FORGET YOU HAVE A TURN FROM MORIARTY"? Has the dementia really gone that far? Or has it gone further still, and you have to tattoo it on your forehead so that you notice it every morning in the puddles of rainwater as you lie face-down in the gutter? Right above "DO YOUR FLIES UP" and just below "YOUR NAME IS JOE"?

Those of us with a handle on this new-fangled technology stuff know that if a turn has arrived in the past, and we haven't yet dealt with it, then it's probably STILL in our mailbox thingie. Amazing, that. What will they think of next?

Anyway, best of luck getting those tattoos off. I hear the laser removal surgery is a real bitch. Do let us know if the operator gets taken ill - I'm sure we can find any number of Cesspudlians willing to aim a skin-charring laser at you, free of charge.

Originally posted by PondScum:

I'm sure we can find any number of Cesspudlians willing to aim a skin-charring laser at you, free of charge.

Pffft! No need for the scary high tech gizmos. Just give me a belt sander and some 60 grit paper and we're in business.

I'd suggest some liquor to dull the senses, but it is Joe after all...if his senses were any duller, he'd pass for Australian.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PondScum:

<font size=-1>I'm sure we can find any number of Cesspudlians willing to aim a skin-charring laser at you, free of charge.</font>

<font size=-1>Pffft! No need for the scary high tech gizmos. Just give me a belt sander and some 60 grit paper and we're in business.</font>

</font>

This, Boo, is why you shall always be typecast as the large, oafish strongman, while I get to play the evil genius.

That and the fact that you propose giving LIQUOR to TAKE AWAY THE PAIN. Fool! This is Joe we're talking about here - get out the table salt and the wire brush.

No. No. And yet again...no. I said that liquor would effectively have no ...er...effect! It's Joe fr' cryin' out loud! All of his pain sensors burned out years ago! Just the idea of waking up each and every morning, realizing that, once again, you had to face the world as Joe Shaw. Knowing that you'd never rise above the station fate hade given you...somewhere south of the Bowery...not in the nice area...the station where the men's room just sort of flows out into the ticket area and if the floor is sticky, well, that's a GOOD thing, because, you might at least be able to rinse whatever it is you slid in, off the bottoms of your shoes.

Didn't you even bother to read the last sentence?

Did your lips get tired?

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

<font size=-1>Neither evil nor genius. Silly twit seems to be the general belief as to the role you play</font>

Evil geniuses are always misunderstood. Haven't you read the script?

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>Fool! I wrote the script.</font>

Ah, yes, your script. The test audiences didn't really GO for it, if you know what I mean. That whole ending with the fire and brimstone and eternal damnation was a bit of a downer. So it got sent it out for rewrite. Can you spot Seanachai's handiwork? I mean, that whole casting of Boo as the large, oafish strongman was a dead giveaway, wasn't it?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

<font size=-1>Fool! I wrote the script.</font>

Ah, yes, your script. The test audiences didn't really GO for it, if you know what I mean. That whole ending with the fire and brimstone and eternal damnation was a bit of a downer. So it got sent it out for rewrite. Can you spot Seanachai's handiwork? I mean, that whole casting of Boo as the large, oafish strongman was a dead giveaway, wasn't it? </font>

Tell me about the rabbits again, Seanachai.

The one's your mother was so upset about? The ones that died so the world might have some warning of your impending arrival? The ones that died on the night of the blood red moon, right next to that newborn two-headed calf?

THOSE RABBITS, Boo?

Or are you reflecting on some of your first encounters of a naughty kind?

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

The one's your mother was so upset about? The ones that died so the world might have some warning of your impending arrival? The ones that died on the night of the blood red moon, right next to that newborn two-headed calf?

THOSE RABBITS, Boo?

Steve </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

THOSE RABBITS, Boo?

Steve </font>

Boo... ya idiot... NEVER EXPLAIN! MrSpkr looked far more like an idiot before you enlightened him

Yes, yes, yes, I understand perfectly, Oh Evil One, but if a man's zipper is down, is it more fun to take him quietly aside and tell him about it or point it out loudly in the middle of a bunch of his mental and social betters?