Sock It To Me, Peng Challenge!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

The SSNs can perch on him and coo to each other.

Ugh, that's just disgusting. Figure that a tattooed gnome would come up with such a nauseating suggestion. Perhaps we'd all get to keep our dinners if Seanachai spent more time off the forums and in the dungeon grooming his collection of wall-lice and polishing his favorite pears.

/SirReal

Well, I'm at home, and the new Mac G4 is connected up, and I've gotten onto the Internet, and, therefore, this Thread, on OS X, which I've never used before.

But everything is very strange. I think I'm having some kind of flashback. Will return later when I no longer see Mace singing 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds' while Dalem plays the flugelhorn.

Mind, I don't see this in my apartment, just on the computer.

Very odd.

Well, I'm at home, and the new Mac G4 is connected up, and I've gotten onto the Internet, and, therefore, this Thread, on OS X, which I've never used before.

But everything is very strange. I think I'm having some kind of flashback. Will return later when I no longer see Mace singing 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds' while Dalem plays the flugelhorn.

Mind, I don't see this in my apartment, just on the computer.

Very odd.

Don't worry Gnome....OSX has the ability to project what the user is thinking about onto the computer screen. You do think about very strange things...

P.S. How's your foot?

Persephone

Glad to hear you got your brand new, Jaguar skinned, pillbox Mac

Tell me... how's your head fell under something like that?

Originally posted by Persephone:

Don't worry Gnome....OSX has the ability to project what the user is thinking about onto the computer screen. You do think about very strange things...

P.S. How's your foot?

Persephone

Picture yourself on a train in a station,

With plasticine porters with looking glass ties,

Suddenly someone is there at the turnstyle,

The Knight with a gun on his thigh.

thump, thump, thump, thump

Dalem in the sky, with diamonds

Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What was that, Persephone? This OS X stuff is bizarre. Pity the modem connection sucks. Hopefully it's a temporary, MSN related phenomenon.

The foot is fine. Nothing wrong with the foot. Gout has never been mentioned in connection with the foot.

As everyone knows, only degenerate English, Anglican noblemen with a foot propped up on a pillow, waving a cane in the air while swilling Portugeuse fortified wine and damning the French get gout.

Nothing to do with me.

Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You know, tomorrow I will be winging my way to Massachussetts to visit my parents and partake of Beethoven's 9th Symphony as performed by the Boston Pops.

Rest assured that, as I sit and soak up the best piece of music ever created by humankind, I will not be thinking of any of you.

Well, maybe I'll imagine Seanachai duct taped inside a kettle drum.

But other than that, nada.

Originally posted by dalem:

You know, tomorrow I will be winging my way to Massachussetts to visit my parents and partake of Beethoven's 9th Symphony as performed by the Boston Pops.

Do ya' see! Do ya' see that?!! It's like, I knew Dalem would be in the sky, I knew he would be flying tomorrow!

It's like we're all...connected. Like there's only one reality, and it echoes over and over through everyone.

And it's all connected through the Peng Challenge Thread.

Like right now, I bet Lars is looking at the stars, and imagining he's flying, just before he falls off the boat again into the lake. And SirReal is looking at a boat, and wondering why he's not a viking, but just some lame Swede who thinks I've got tatoos and wondering if it's time to pop the top on another can of Surströmming. And Mouse is looking at a tatoo on his thigh and wondering who 'Bucky' is.

It's like fools stand joined, hand to hand, and one shock of idiocy runs the whole circle round!

And Boo, you were there, and you wanted the wizard to give you a brain, and Shaw was there, and he wanted some courage , and MrSpkr was there, and he needed a heart.

And you were all there, oh, I know I'm not explaining it well, but it seemed so real!

It's like we're all...connected. Like there's only one reality, and it echoes over and over through everyone.

Oh that's... that's just beautiful. Who knew that chemistry could evoke such imagery from a stunted stump of flesh? I say, let's all pitch in and make sure Seanachai never runs out of bleach powder!

/SirReal

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

It's 11:30 p.m.

I have now been at the office for eighteen hours.

Somehow, I know you swine are responsible.

I curse you all.

Steve

I notice that you say "I've been at the office for eighteen hours" and not "I've been working for eighteen hours".

A fine distinction not lost on any of us.

Except perhaps Nidan.

And Boo, you were there, and you wanted the wizard to give you a brain, and Shaw was there, and he wanted some courage , and MrSpkr was there, and he needed a heart.
But ... but I have courage. I have the courage of my convictions, or at least I WOULD if I had ever BEEN convicted but the witnesses kept getting lost ... very strange that.

And I'm sorry lads but there will be no further boating upon Lake ManyTonkaToys unless I am present to ... uh ... chaperone ... yeah, that's it, chaperone. Now I realize that Lars may suggest that it's HIS boat but that's as beside the point as are dalem's ears to his head.

Unless I'M there there'll be no more CessPool boating in Minnesota. I don't know when I'll return, it may be months, but all good things come to those who wait. And Lars let's be sure to have some winsome beauties aboad who have an incomplete sense of "what's right", there's a good former squire.

Joe

p.s. I was in Omaha yesterday ... what a sullen, heat drenched, humidity encased and loathsome pile of real estate ... much like Ohio I imagine.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Will return later when I no longer see Mace singing 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds' while Dalem plays the flugelhorn.

Beatles or Elton John version?</font>