Sock It To Me, Peng Challenge!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SirReal:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

However, I can look at it, or I can send one of mine that used yet.

Rune

The scenario (tentatively titillatingly titled "Passing the Volga") has been mailed to Rune, to have it's excrementation factor judged.

/SirReal </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Rune is a blight on blights, he's the most horrid of the horrible, he's ... well he's Rune and that's all that need be said.

[/QB]

In defense of my liege, although he is from Illannoy, he is, at least, a Bears fan, and that itself places him several evolutionary rungs above a Mortgage Banker, even one that works out of his basement. (Which is kind of creepy in and of itself)

And in defense of Sirreal, he is after all Sweatish, so we have to make certain allowances. I mean, he labors under almost as many inherent handicaps as an Awestrainingalian.

and speaking of the Slimy Swede, have you posted the AAR of our last battle to your little website? I noticed that you wasted no time posting your gamey and rather lucky "total victory" over me.

One more thing, I still have this scenario "swamp runner" on my hard drive, did you guys want me to do anything with it? Or just poke it with a sharp stick every once in a while to make sure it hasn't crawled into a dark corner somewhere? Kind of like we have to do with the curiously Gollum-Like Seanachia-pet every so often, to keep him away from the good china and the furniture polish.

I am still unable to log onto this Forum from my home PC, and now I am getting really upset. Boo would you mind laying down a minute so I can jump up and down on your head in frustration?

I'm still thining it has to do with that SPybot software, but it could be this new worm that is attacking MS machines...why would it only effect logging on to this Forum though? Can any of you cretins help me?

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Can any of you cretins help me?

If you can't log on, but can browse, that means that your browser isn't accepting UBB's cookies. No, that's not a girlscout joke. Assuming you're using Internet Exploder, go into Tools, then Options.

Click the Security tab, then the Custom Settings button. In the dialog that appears, scroll down to the section "Cookies". Make sure that both "Allow cookies that are stored on your compuer" and "Allow per-session cookies (not stored)" are set to Enable.

Alternatively, get a good browser. I suggest Mozilla Firebird.

/SirReal

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Can any of you cretins help me?

If you can't log on, but can browse, that means that your browser isn't accepting UBB's cookies. No, that's not a girlscout joke. Assuming you're using Internet Exploder, go into Tools, then Options.

Click the Security tab, then the Custom Settings button. In the dialog that appears, scroll down to the section "Cookies". Make sure that both "Allow cookies that are stored on your compuer" and "Allow per-session cookies (not stored)" are set to Enable.

Alternatively, get a good browser. I suggest Mozilla Firebird.

/SirReal </font>

Thank you, now will you get off that damned hill!!!

What? Attacking in the foggy night using flamethrowers wasn't enough? You need MORE advantages? You think asking me to get off will help? BWHAHAHAHAA! No, you'll have to evict me, you german pigdog! I will read your future in your entrails, frogbreath. And let me tell you it doesn't look good for the bottom polishers of the Reich.

/SirReal

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

This ordering about is really not on with a Knight, however lowly and from Ohio he might be. I'd expected more from The Nice One.

Bah! If the Gnome wants him to lick his boots, Boo should be askin', 'how shiny you want 'em, boss?" </font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

This ordering about is really not on with a Knight, however lowly and from Ohio he might be. I'd expected more from The Nice One.

Bah! If the Gnome wants him to lick his boots, Boo should be askin', 'how shiny you want 'em, boss?" </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Thank you, now will you get off that damned hill!!!

What? Attacking in the foggy night using flamethrowers wasn't enough? You need MORE advantages? You think asking me to get off will help? BWHAHAHAHAA! No, you'll have to evict me, you german pigdog! I will read your future in your entrails, frogbreath. And let me tell you it doesn't look good for the bottom polishers of the Reich.

/SirReal </font>

ADVANTAGES!!! SHMANTAGES!!! You try attacking fanatical Russian infantry, dug-in in trenches with friggen minefields and wire all over the place, not to mention bunkers, and the whole damned place on fire , while you're at it!! and then march 800 meters to attack another prepared defensive position. BAH!!! I consider myself victorious, just being able to capture one VL!!! go take a Sauna, then come to me about advantages, all you had to do was sit back and wait until my troops came into LOS, are you drinking that Kiwi Vodka again, I warned you to pour it through a couple of slices of pumpernickel before embibing.

Oh well, I'll grant you that my minefield and wire emplacements were brilliant. And that my brave troops, fighting for the Rodina, disregard their personal safety while heroically resisting the fascist invaders. But just who dropped 600 tonnes of arty on the place and set it on fire, hmmmm?

This is, of course, a balanced scenario unlike our first QB bout. You remember? When I had a probe mission (you got to attack), when I didn't have the luxury of a foggy night (and you do), when I had measly 30 turns (and you have 45)?

All of these advantages, and I still agree that you were lucky to take that first VL. The AI would have done a better job.

/SirReal

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Do you think it's an ACCIDENT that his name is pronounced (usually accompanied by a shudder) the same as "Ruin" ... well, in Ohio anyway?

I thought it was "runny", as in nose.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Be a perfectionist in absolutely everything.

Now sod off.

What shall it be Boo ? Leg?, arm? or how about neck? I could put a nice fissure between C2 and C3, you wouldn't feel a thing.

How about a 2x4 over that pointy cumquat you defensively tell people is your head? I can't believe you're having problems with Spybot. Is it because of that Commodore 64 you're still using?

Speaking of computers, at 8:29 this morning, my brand spanking new computer was on a delivery truck leaving the Akron UPS bldg. I wonder if just how detailed those tracking features are...

8:32 Package is dropped in street while drunken delivery man rushes to meet his mistress at the "Days of Wine and Roses" Trailer Park.

8:47 Package is run over by one of those street sweeping trucks by husband of UPS delivery man's mistress, who isn't paying attention to his job due to worries that his wife may be cheating on him.

8:59 Pieces of package are swept down storm sewer except for one piece of the motherboard which is picked up by a trade rat and taken to it's nest.

Thank you for using UPS. Let Brown help YOU!

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Bah! If the Gnome wants him to lick his boots, Boo should be askin', 'how shiny you want 'em, boss?"

Well, he's right, Boo. My veriest whim should be scripture to you.

However, Berli, do I have to, er...be wearing the boots while Boo is working on them? Because I have to tell you it would make me feel distinctly uncomfortable to be standing around while a large Ohioan crouches down and licks my feet. Could I slip them off and have him go crouch in a corner to work on them?

I don't mind standing around barefoot for a while, perhaps singing a jolly tune under my breath, while Boo gives the boots a high-gloss Ohio tongue bath. Nor am I adverse to Boo kneeling down and kissing my boots as a mark of total subservience.

But having to stand there while he takes tongue to leather in earnest seems to me to lack dignity, which might impair my status as a role model to today's youth.

A bit too Hanns-like, if you take my meaning.

Seanachai. I really, really don't believe you are thinking this through quite clearly. Perhaps it's the gallons and gallons of cough syrup you ingest daily to kick start your Muse, or whatever passes for a Muse with you. Do you really want me anywhere near you or any of your possessions?

If you gave me your shoes and then say, turned your back for 30 seconds, would you feel comfortable putting the aformentioned shoes back on your feet?

Even if the shoes were still on those malformed pseudopods you call feet (and with a straight face, too), I don't believe you could see past your enlarged liver to what I might be doing down there. Something that might involve gasoline, soap flakes and a Bic lighter. Or a nail gun.

So watch what you ask for. You might get more than you wanted.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Persephone:

Testing new sig

Persephone

I love it.

It's even more hilarious if you knew all the background behind Dalem's "I'm comfortable with that" philosophy. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

However, Berli, do I have to, er...be wearing the boots while Boo is working on them? Because I have to tell you it would make me feel distinctly uncomfortable to be standing around while a large Ohioan crouches down and licks my feet. Could I slip them off and have him go crouch in a corner to work on them?

No, that'd be fine... give him a kind of Gollum quality