Goodale, GoodLager and good Chicken and Waffels.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Even though I'm scared silly at the thought of playing you, I have to justify my miserable existence somehow.

Well okay 86smopuim. Setup tommorow. </font>

Originally posted by The Sultan of Gaminess:

Teddy must be saving the world from super-secret spy stuff as no turns from the lad in awhile. Not quite forfeiting long but heading in that direction.

I have been very busy dishing out double entendres and sticking up for Blighty, but you don't get off that easily you big hairy maggot. I've only been out of circulation a week and had to wait at least that long while you were camping it up in Canada.

Having neutralised my pathetic Tinpot70s with your PzIIIs, maybe you haven't got the stomach for a prolonged, painful death by a thousand AT rifles?

Stuff should be done tonight ... off the top of my head that means turns for Mikey, MG, Axe and Dave, plus a lovingly crafted piece of Traveller* characterisation for Soddy.

Down the hatch,

Teddy

*I have had a certain amount of success tracking down some of the "classic" books, supplements and adventures - if you want to take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about your acne-ridden youth, get in touch.

It's a Monday morning.

GRARGHRARRGHRARGARGHRAHGARGGRARRGH!!!!

Wow, I feel so much better now!

Edited because some UBB codes don't seem to work. Is there something I've missed about the , , and codes, or does this forum just not support them?

[ August 25, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

My battle with Axe at night during the Kursk offensive is coming to a close -- the final turn (Turn 30) is upon us. My ghost column threw all of its armored might at a single area rather than splitting up, and was thus able to acheive numerical superiority in each of three major armored clashes, taking out T-34s at a 3:1 ratio in each.

The great risk of this strategy was that while strategic objectives (taking the crossings of the Donets) would be acheived, I would not take enough victory flags to gain a victory. Thus on the 22nd turn I dispatched a task force to secure a victory location to the rear of my forces, which has now been taken. Will it be enough? We shall see soon enough.

Roit! Listen up you bunch of hooligans. :mad:

I am charging $10 each for this update, so if you have opened this thread, send the money. Except MasterGoodale. God knows where his money's been. Or what it's come in contact with.

Let's start with Becket. I'm not sure who is funnier, him or Snarker. They could be the same person for all I know. Anyway, after we fought to a draw in Whoville we are into the endgame of our Kursk battle.

Lessons learned (by both of us) — T-34s suck; MkIVs do not; halftracks parked next to buildings filled with Molotov-wielding Russians do not last long; nor do they last long against PAK 45s, AT rifles or angry tank crews; putting all your eggs in one basket can lead to an armored fist smashing through a line of defense but not much else; I suck at armored tactics. :mad:

Jolly good fun though.

That brings me to Snarker. He is learning Finns can not only walk between raindrops, the can walk between bullets, arty and HE rounds. I'm surprised they can run so fast, what with all the demo charges and all. Be afraid, very afraid.

Prinz Eugen is fighting valiantly (translation — uselessly) as the Germans against my Russians in Soddball's Forward Recon. Lessons learned here — BA-10s suck. :mad: That is all.

Crow's company headquarters members are taking dirt, I mean, snow naps, thanks to my reinforcements in Soddball's Nippley in Nantucket. I fight my way across snow to — fight my way across more snow. :mad:

Dave and I are just starting on Abbott's latest creation. My turns must be hitting him at nap time as they are not being resent in a timely fashion. :mad: Most unusual for our resident math grog.

Teddy is back from his latest mission, so I hope to wrap up our AAR battle this week. (hint, hint) Wedding's on the way.

shmoopie and I are about to embark on a nightmare of historic proportions — a scenario created by MasterGoodale. I must be completely mental.

ng cavscout is still lurking somewhere in the woods. He'll stay there if he knows what's good for him. :mad:

Shosties4th and I are still in a holding pattern.

As for the rest of you — get bent. :mad:

Jas :mad: n

Heh.

I'm actually really fond of T-34s, though a night map (and a map with lots of swamps and tree clumps) can make it difficult to take advantage of their speed.

This is the first time I've had good success with PIVs, so I'm going to have to try more of them. Certainly will take a few rather than relying on my old standby, the StuG.

I hate your PTRD soldiers with the heat of a hundred white hot suns. They haven't killed anything, but they annoy me to no end.

The best part about these later turns has been running around killing random crews and routing squads. smile.gif

Hey folks...check the CMBO forum for CMAK news. Looks like (a) they are going to throw us another bone in the near future and (B) the price will likely be $35 plus shipping. Now that is sweet.

[ August 25, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Becket ]

You'll never be the same ASS69 :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm anxious to see who wins the battle. Are you Axis Axe??

I think every one of my victims can atest to the fact that I slung turns at a furious rate this weekend!! AGRGRGRAGRGRAGRAGRAGR!!! I often found myself sitting at the computer drumming my fingers while waiting for turns you slope-headed nongs. :mad: In any case, MG is back and he's in the mood to chuck some serious TNT like the GrandMaster, Jewel-Crowned TNT Chucker that he is. :mad:

It's time to pay the piper nad munches. :mad:

I refuse to lose any of my new battles. :mad:

MY GOD I LOVE THIS FECKING GAME!!!!!! :mad:

GRAGRAGRAGRGRGRARGGRAGRAGRAGRAGRGRAGRGRAGRAGRGRA!!!! :mad: :mad:

I feel like I'm right there doing the Kraut dismembering myself maggots!! Bring it on!!! :mad:

I want FURY in my battles!!! :mad: If you're not furios and bitter don't even challenge me!!! :mad:

Oh, and one more thing you slithering pouches of scum fesces! If the Brood thinks that when CMAK comes out you're all going to just slither away and drop CMBB for CMAK, you are sadly mistaken. :mad: CMBB is still a great game and I plan to play them both. Some of my favorite opponents best be planning on playing CMBB along with CMAK or we're gonna have some angry issues in this here forum maggots. :mad:

Who's with me on CMBB!!??? Who's with me!!???? :mad: :mad:

I'm far too fond of the East Front to drop CMBB. If the changes over CMBB were revolutionary, like between CMBB and CMBO, I might (I can't really play CMBO because of the infantry modeling; it's fun, but not as much fun).

Instead, while the changes in CMAK (dust, multi turrets) look great, I don't think they will render CMBB less fun to play.

Originally posted by Becket:

the price will likely be $35 plus shipping. Now that is sweet.

Especially given the exchange rate. :mad: I paid $85 CAN each for CMBO and CMBB. Worth every cent many times over, but the exchange is frustrating nonetheless.

Cool your jets MG. I'll be playing them both. Only CMBO has been retired.

Actually I'm surprised — I didn't think you'd want to lose consistently in two games you glutton for punishment you.

Jas :mad: n

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

If you're not furios and bitter don't even challenge me!!! :mad:

Okay, I challenge you. Since I "lost" (surrendered) in our last game, that means I get to choose the rematch, right?

How about a nice small ME lasting 20 turns on a small map? You be Allies, I'll be Axis. Yes or no, right now, Mr. god of war. HA, HA, HA!!! :D:D:D

PS. NEW RULE: If you wimp out, my sig line goes away - immediately. tongue.giftongue.gif Just like Calvinball, now that I've used this rule nobody else can.

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

If you're not furios and bitter don't even challenge me!!! :mad:

Okay, I challenge you. Since I "lost" (surrendered) in our last game, that means I get to choose the rematch, right?

How about a nice small ME lasting 20 turns on a small map? You be Allies, I'll be Axis. Yes or no, right now, Mr. god of war. HA, HA, HA!!! :D:D:D

PS. NEW RULE: If you wimp out, my sig line goes away - immediately. tongue.giftongue.gif Just like Calvinball, now that I've used this rule nobody else can. </font>

aaaaaahhhhhh. . that provides me with much relief to know I at least have 2 miserable victims to dismember over and over and over in CMBB. Of course, I will be doing the same in CMAK as well. The dust coulds will enable me to tie bloody-faced Krauts up in the desert and drive by repeatedly with tanks while spraying them with MG fire. The dust will stick to their ugly, slathered Kraut faces and cause great misery :mad:

God I love this game. I'll be spraying all your inboxes with more molten TNT tonight maggots so turns better be waiting for me when I get home tonight. :mad:

Dave you slimy lawyer wannabe that rule doesn't count. Remember, there ARE NO RULES (unless I make them) :mad:

I will accept your challenge you flask of skunk piss. :mad: Send it on over and I'll start chucking lead into your Krauts' craniums. :mad:

Typically I don't like meeting engagements, but pick your poison meat beater. :mad:

aaaaaahhhhhh. . that provides me with much relief to know I at least have 2 miserable victims to dismember over and over and over in CMBB. Of course, I will be doing the same in CMAK as well. The dust coulds will enable me to tie bloody-faced Krauts up in the desert and drive by repeatedly with tanks while spraying them with MG fire. The dust will stick to their ugly, slathered Kraut faces and cause great misery :mad:

God I love this game. I'll be spraying all your inboxes with more molten TNT tonight maggots so turns better be waiting for me when I get home tonight. :mad:

Can you translate? Is this:

</font>

• "Yes, I reluctantly accept your challenge, knowing only too well that I am doomed to utter defeat."</font>

or is it:

</font>
  • "No, while I only have your sig for another 28 days, I would prefer to keep that singular honor and not subject myself to still another crushing defeat."</font>

Personally I couldn't make it out. tongue.gif;):D:D

Axe, I'm going back to sleep now. tongue.gif

By the way scum lickers, Becket and I have made furious contact in Abbott's wonderful creation "The Road to Moscow" (I think that's the name). Well, actually the only thing that made contact was my hot bullets with Becket's soft, buttery Kraut bellies. This is going to be a "blast" of a battle as Becket's grunts can already attest to. What a great map and I thank Abbott for his time and attention to detail. :mad:

Becket are you up for posting AARs at the end? :mad:

I'm gonna crush you like a Kraut cranium under a 100 ton tank track scum muncher. :mad:

Dave you slimy lawyer wannabe that rule doesn't count. Remember, there ARE NO RULES (unless I make them) :mad:

You really are totally disconnected from reality, aren't you? tongue.gif

I will accept your challenge you flask of skunk piss. :mad: Send it on over and I'll start chucking lead into your Krauts' craniums. :mad:

Typically I don't like meeting engagements, but pick your poison meat beater. :mad:

Personally I don't much care for meeting engagements, either. That's why I made it for only 20 turns. Would you prefer a 20 turn Allied assault?

Becket are you up for posting AARs at the end? :mad:

Sounds good. I would mock you here about your turn rate, except you actually did send turns back rapidly yesterday.

Oh, and EVERYONE takes first blood against me. Didn't you know that? Ask Axe how that worked out for him. smile.gif