Goodale, GoodLager and good Chicken and Waffels.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Becket:

Ow. That hurt Dave. What am I, chopped liver? Should I change my profile? Very sad. :(

Now I've really done it. Becket, I apologize for not memorizing your profile. Actually I don't know if I ever looked at it before. I should have been able to guess, though. Anyway, a thousand pardons for the slip of the tongue. redface.gif :eek: redface.gif :eek: :D

Please don't feel the need to take your revenge on my Russians. :(

Have the rest of you noticed that a disturbing number of Peng regulars have taken up lurking on the fringes of the Waffle threads?
Even though I have noticed this disturbing fact myself...it does not bother me greatly. Even though the Peng troglodytes infest our beloved BFC forums they do have some saving graces. A very important one is...

I got Plenty o' Nuttin'

Do not sound off about your pair. Try to act like you have a modicum of wit, style and panache OR Half of a Brain. If you won’t keep this thought in your Half of a Brain, we will boot it to the other Half, and you will go away. - Lars

I would enjoy reading our thread more if we could raise the humor level back above the belt and lose the “F” word. Not that I do not use the “F” word myself when speaking on occasion, we as adults, should honor BFC’s wishes and respect their forum rules. Youngsters do play CMBO and CMBB and read the forum.

Originally posted by Abbott:

I would enjoy reading our thread more if we could raise the humor level back above the belt and lose the “F” word. Not that I do not use the “F” word myself when speaking on occasion, we as adults, should honor BFC’s wishes and respect their forum rules. Youngsters do play CMBO and CMBB and read the forum.

I don't think swearing is a concern if you're thinking youngsters, they are bound to find more cusswords on TV than on this forum. And who a minor hasn't heard "F" before ? They're very few and far between. Even my 4-year old brother discovered one the other day, as my a bit older brother was fiddling with the computer. ;) No wonder, it was a Macintosh. :D

But I do agree on the forum rules. It's BFC's forum and I think we should play according to their rules.

Dave H what with your pin-head and narrow vision you are normally more attuned to the finer points. You have made some grave errors, and not on the battlefield this time. Let me set you straight:

1) Neiter Becket nor myself asked for any Pengish attorney to . I do believe it was our fine Canadian lout, Axe2121, who brought forth the foul one.

2)As a matter of record one loud-mouth, no-turn-sending idjit is enough. If we allow nonces to march in drop a challenge and then bugger off for months on end, only to see their sorry asses back in here demanding sig restoration AND continuation of the game we will have anarchy, we would a thread full MasterGoodales, hell we might even have a stinking attrorney or two. Having recently signed the petition to recall Grey Davis I am all for anarchy and subverting the natural order but there must be limits.

Keep MasterGoodale as an example of what not to do, not some blow-hard, brain-dead ideal.

3) As to the specifics of Becket's claim, I am glad I got him to spend nore time on this trivial debate and less time on his game cuz is getting owned. But I shall review for all. Becket and I played Inferno. He trounced all over me. I changed my sig and per Brood rules we started the re-match within the allocated seven(7) days. Life interfered on Becket's end. He offered a forfeit and the release of my sig. I took him up on the release of the sig and as not much had happened told him I would be willing to resume our game. Two(2) months passed by. At this point my sig would be released on two (2) counts a) he forfeited, B) more than one month passed without a turn from the turd. Then the nong struts back in and demands that I change my sig. F*** you and the horse you were humping in the parking lot, you back-door cowboy.

As Becket wants to play for sigs then by my reckoning things layout like this: I lost-my sig is his, he forfeits/ disappears for 2 months-my sig is mine, the game we are playing now decides who gets who in the sig department. Is clear now?

Let it be know by all that Becky really started making noise about the sig just as we made contact and realized that he sucks like a Hoover vacuum cleaner. Sig be damned loser, I will beat you. I will beat you so bad your boyfriend won't recognize the back of your head. And there is nothing you can do but keep sending those files and watch my victory unfold. Then all of this wrangling will be wasted, you will still live with the shame of being a pillock and a l33z3R. BIATCH

I await the bleating of the Brood to lay this issue to rest.

And as mike jumps off the deep end, my job is done.

Edit: I don't intend to reply to the lies, villainy, and mischief set forth above. I've said my part, made my offer. If you're *that* confident of victory, you'll take it. :D

[ August 22, 2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

So, I actually went and mucked about in these rules that wino is claiming now apply to our situation. (That he didn't claim them in April is apparently no obstacle to the honorless maggot.)

What I found is this:

However, the rules of the duel clearly establish that the winner dictate the set-up of the re-match to the loser.
Intriguingly, in the re-match mike insisted on after I beat him senseless, he insisted upon certain armor limitations, else he wouldn't play. By violating the above rule, he voided that game in its entirety (which now applies to the current resumption of said game). As mike is now claiming ex post facto application of rules re forfeiture, etc., I must now claim my right as victor.

I thus hereby invoke the rules of the Brood, whiner, and if you want to reclaim your sig line, and demand a sig line from me, I demand the right to dictate terms of the match. Since that didn't happen in the Gorbatov match, the match is void. And I'm still going to beat your pansy poseur butt in that match, even if I don't have any armor.

[ August 22, 2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

I thus hereby invoke the rules of the Brood, whiner, and if you want to reclaim your sig line, and demand a sig line from me, I demand the right to dictate terms of the match. Since that didn't happen in the current Gorbatov match, that match is void. And I'm still going to beat your pansy poseur butt in that match, even if I don't have any armor.

Sounds fair to me.

[Yul Brenner voice] So it is written, so it shall be done. [/Yul Brenner voice]

Becket like the jailhouse lawyer that you are, you should spend less time playing grab-ass in the shower and more time playing the game. We are playing on maps that YOU chose. And I believe if you look further the "winner choses the game" was a NastyMoldonall idea and was generally rejected because it, like you, sucked monkey taint. Terms were agreed upon and a verbal contract is as valid as a written and signed contract. So stop your back-pedalling.

I tire of this farce, send me a turn so I can finish whooping your arse and be done with your endless mewling of half-facts, partial truths and all crap.

BTW, nice Yul Brenner impression Axe2121.

[ August 22, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Becket like the jailhouse lawyer that you are, you should spend less time playing grab-ass in the shower and more time playing the game. We are playing on maps that YOU chose. And I believe if you look further the "winner choses the game" was a NastyMoldonall idea and was generally rejected because it, like you, sucked monkey taint. Terms were agreed upon and a verbal contract is as valid as a written and signed contract. So stop your back-pedalling.

I tire of this farce, send me a turn so I can finish whooping your arse and be done with your endless mewling of half-facts, partial truths and all crap.

BTW, nice Yul Brenner impression Axe2121.

Like a drowning man, mike grasps at any passing flotsam to save the last remaining breaths of his arguments.

La tournament est fini, wino. The email trail shows that you insisted not only on selecting a map from a menu of choices, but insisted that no big cats could come to play. You violated the most high rules of the Brood, confirmed by many, and must face up to that.

Turn out tonight. I swear I'm going to pull a win out of this debacle. :D

[ August 22, 2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Wow, Becket if you spent half as much time reading the "Tips and Tricks" forum as you have looking up useless crap from old Waffle threads you might have discovered earlier that charging turretless tanks, with their flanks exposed, is as smart as, well...YOU. The first one I thought was just an expensive recon element but when the second Stug followed on and died in the EXACT same spot I realized I was up against a wily character. The way you have exposed all of your AFVs on a hilltop, with absolutely no cover, open to fire from all my units...brilliant. I cower before your tactical acumen and await the next round with bated breath.

I noticed that the photo is signed. Big Chuck fan, Axe2121.

Checking my inbox, I see no turns from:

Prinz Eugen, Becket, Soddball, Snarker, Teddy, MasterGoodale, or Platcmdr

Does this mean that this is the weekend for the Annual Idiot Retreat? But, wait, Axe2121 is still posting, did you forget to get your loonies changed into real money in time, moose-humper?

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

I noticed that the photo is signed. Big Chuck fan, Axe2121.

Yes, it's part of my raving, right-wing, gun-toting lunatic collection.

Checking my inbox, I see no turns from:

Prinz Eugen, Becket, Soddball, Snarker, Teddy, MasterGoodale, or Platcmdr

That is because they are all Chumps, with a capital 'C'.

Does this mean that this is the weekend for the Annual Idiot Retreat? But, wait, Axe2121 is still posting, did you forget to get your loonies changed into real money in time, moose-humper?
Next weekend, three new babies (two nieces and a nephew) and in-laws to contend with. Weekend after that, cousin's wedding. Weekend after that, mine. Two weeks on vacation followed by house closing two-and-a-half weeks after that.

This weekend belongs to me. Lots o' Amsterdam lager and playing (on my electric guitar) Joy Division and Matthew Good. Rock on. :mad: :mad:

[ August 22, 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

So, I actually went and mucked about in these rules that wino is claiming now apply to our situation.

There are no rules in this thread. You must have your "Peng" and "Goodale" confused.

Let me clarify them for you - one is something you read and it makes no sense, and the other is something you read and it makes nonsense.

Ya know, I'm pretty happy with various members of the Marder family. Accurate at long range, punch nasty holes in things, and generally make life miserable for your opponent. Cheap to boot!

Though I'm guessing mike wasn't so thrilled to see one of his machines just up and explode like that.

:D

I must say that I never have that kinda luck with Marders but we can re-cap AFV losses later. As of now you are waaaaayy behind. Let's see what your sole remaining Marder can do with only 3 shells of its original 5 shots left...oh, did you forget the light ammo load? Oh yeah, that's why you don't see the "Marder Fan Club" holding meetings.

After seeing those CMAK bones, I can't wait. I never thought I'd be looking forward to desert combat but obviously I was misinformed about what it was actually like.

In anticipation, an M5 Stuart:

szm5-1.jpg

and a Stuart Honey

szstuart.jpg

The above are models by Steve Zaloga. You can check his and other people's models here.

While not CMAK-related, this is my favorite by Zaloga -- a Polish 7TP light tank with mounted officer. The things that makes his models so fantastic, other than the incredible attention to detail, are the backgrounds.

sz7tp.jpg

Too cool. :mad: :mad: And by cool I mean sweet. :mad: :mad: