Goodale, GoodLager and good Chicken and Waffels.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

I resent that last one Sir Edward. Which turn number is it that you seek?

*SOB* I switched off the PC five minutes after posting in a fit of pique. Now I'm strapped to a gold bench with a laser heading towards my crown jewels and can't check for approximately 10 hours :(

Why can't the rest of the world switch to BST?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Teddy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Edward -- shouldn't you be hard at work right now? Chop chop. Let's look busy lad. What did you have for lunch? I just finished an invigorating bowl of Cheerios for breakfast.

[ August 28, 2003, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

So Axe, is everything in a state of readiness for your big day coming up very, very soon? You will be posting pictures of the wedding and reception, right? All of us wish we could be there, but I think I read that the border had been closed once the Mounties finally threw out mike_the_wino. :D:D

Oh, and Abbott, this map Axe and I are playing on is really tricky. The trees and the terrain make it feel like a labrynth. Excellent work. Now if you just had the Germans armed with nothing but light tanks, my Russians would be in good shape. :D

BTW Edward -- shouldn't you be hard at work right now? Chop chop. Let's look busy lad. What did you have for lunch? I just finished an invigorating bowl of Cheerios for breakfast.

I'm just about to disappear for lunch (liquid, as usual), with one of the fragrant young ladies in the office. A couple of hours of long, meaningful glances, fluttering eyelashes (mine, of course) and idle banter.

Bottoms up!

Teddy

Originally posted by Dave H:

So Axe, is everything in a state of readiness for your big day coming up very, very soon? You will be posting pictures of the wedding and reception, right? All of us wish we could be there, but I think I read that the border had been closed once the Mounties finally threw out mike_the_wino. :D:D

We are ready, ummmm willing and able. I got my Stuart of Bute family ties in from Scotland for me and my dad, who is the best man, to wear and the piper has confirmed. Paula has had everything ready for the last few weeks (she's obssesive about planning). I just have to show up. And stay sober. And not run away screaming into the vinyard next door to the inn.

We have three nights booked in Quebec City (oh hush Mike) and after that we'll take a break before moving in Oct. 15. As I was telling Dave in an e-mail, the frame is up, the roof should be on by the weekend and the brickwork done by next week. I brought the crew a whack of coffee yesterday from Tim Hortons (the Canadian equivalent of church) and my dad said, "You idiot! Beer would have probably got you an extra floor!"

I'll try to post the wedding and house pictures but I need a host. Any ideas?

Jas :mad: n

P.S. The map is great Abbott. When Dave gets to the centre of the labrynth, he's going to find one really pissed minotaur. :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Oh, and Abbott, this map Axe and I are playing on is really tricky. The trees and the terrain make it feel like a labrynth. Excellent work. Now if you just had the Germans armed with nothing but light tanks, my Russians would be in good shape. :D

Sounds just my cup of tea ... where can I find it?

What does anyone know about Squad Assault West Front?

Axe, if you want pix hosting, mail them and I'll stick them up at my website when I get a chance.

Teddy

Oh, and Abbott, this map Axe and I are playing on is really tricky. The trees and the terrain make it feel like a labrynth. Excellent work. Now if you just had the Germans armed with nothing but light tanks, my Russians would be in good shape.

The map is great Abbott. When Dave gets to the centre of the labrynth, he's going to find one really pissed minotaur.

I am pleased you are enjoying the battle map. I am waiting for the conclusion to your PBEM to send the finished (a few small changes) version to the Depot. I am looking forward to any comments from you gentlemen.

Listen up maggot pods! After a week of extremely furious turn sending MasterGoodale, Jewel Crowned GrandMaster TNT Chucker is leaving for a few days. I shall sling my last batch of hot angry TNT right now and will be back Sunday afternoon to sling some more. I'll be good and angry when I get back after a few days in northern Maine with the relatives :mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

Listen up maggot pods! After a week of extremely furious turn sending...

You're right, this was a banner week for the normally inert MasterGoodale (the maggot). I personally received one whole turn from him. :eek: There may even be a second turn awaiting me at home, no doubt sent last night while we were being pelted by thunderstorms and a couple of inches of rain.

Anyone heard from Shosties4th lately? After his posts about his medical problems I'm pretty concerned about him. :(

Becket, that map you used setting up the game between MasterGoodale and me is devilish. The setup areas are really problematic for the defender, and probably the attacker as well. I'll see how this goes with the maggot, then I might want to use this setup to resurrect my tourney against all comers. :D :cool: :D

Yes, the map is a bit strange for setup. But I still plan to implement the most efficient mechanism of slathering in this battle. :mad:

Quit yer crying ya panzy. A slathering is a slathering, no matter which map it takes place on. :mad: Prepare to extend your sig line an additional 90 days (45 if you surrender like last time) :mad:

Smope you're welcome for the aircraft. Bombers are great if you want to "Reach out and Slather someone".

:mad:

Originally posted by MasterGoo:

Does anyone else have any complaints about MasterGoodale's turn sending rate???

Not me. :mad: I am astonished at your rate, after having read scores of complaints posted by ,well, everyone in this thread. :D :mad:

Kepp up the good work lad, so I too may contribute to your sig. :mad:

DaveH, glad I could help. Robotnik is a favorite map of mine. Not *the* favorite (that place is reserved for the Derzhinsky map in the Stalingrad Pack), but a close second. I go back and forth in my mind about which of you is in the worse position, so maybe that means it's balanced? I hope so. smile.gif

Any sign of wino? No turn from him for days.

Pecker if you would only read my insightful prose you would see that I am around. As previously mentioned the months of August, September, and October are the busiest for me. As such, turns are sent when I can. On the upside it irks you when I don't send you turns. I like that, really I do.

Once again Axe2121, your Papa was right. Both by calling you an idiot and with the beer advice. When our house was being built we paid the framers for $20 and a case of beer for an arch in the master bathroom and one in a hallway, as well as reinforcing the wall in the living room for the wall mounted TV deal. We had a bunch of eletrical work done as well but that cost a bit more. It was well worth it as the home builder generally marks things up 3 times what the sub-contractors charge. Slimy, thieving hoors. BTW, if you are thinking aboot surround sound systems buy the best stereo compatible wire you can afford, run it, and put in electrical boxes before they sheetrock. Much easier than fishing lines through the walls later.

[ August 28, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Axe, if you want pix hosting, mail them and I'll stick them up at my website when I get a chance.

Teddy

You sir, are a scholar, a gentleman and a maggot. Thanks for the offer. Maybe I can superimpose Paula's photo into one of our AAR ones and turn her into a Soviet shock troop. Her wedding dress will provide great camo in the snow.

Thanks for the advice Mike. I was pondering over the surround setup.

Jas :mad: n

You sir, are a scholar, a gentleman and a maggot.

Thank you, kind sir. I'll look forward to seeing pictures of Paula pulling grenade pins with her teeth, pulling a pistol from her garter (which will be blue, old and borrowed, of course) and storming my Tiger smile.gif

The last file I have for our game is 093, which I sent on Monday. The last mail I received from you arrived on August 16 :( Any ideas? Maybe it's worth trying my hotmail account instead (in the profile)? The world of cyberspace seems rather screwy at the moment - shades of T3 (which I saw last night and was nowhere near as terrible as I expected).

On a brighter note, my inbox is full of turns from all the other maggots, so my impassioned plea must have worked. Cheers chaps,

Teddy

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

...Prepare to extend your sig line an additional 90 days (45 if you surrender like last time)

I call a number reversal rule - I'll extend my sig line 09 days if I lose to you, and 54 days if I surrender like last time. Maggot. :D:D

Aren't Calvinball rules great??!! :D

Axe, ready to kick off a new thread?