Attention South Of England Players - you are cordially summoned to this thread...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Prologue - Hans and Fritz are chatting in their halftrack. 'Hey Hans, we're up for another attack today, for something called the SEPTIC Cup?!'.

'Great Fritz, I'll get the Nazi flag out again to inspire the men to new heights of heroism, Seig Heil!' He starts the engine.

'Oh no not that again Hans, you know it always makes me nervous, that big white circle just screams out 'Hit Me' and can be seen a mile away.' They bump across a wheatfield.

'Nonsense Fritz! You are a defeatest son-of-a-' *CLANG!!!!*'Aaaargh!'...

Yep, first major casualty for me, a crack shot KV has drilled a hole straight through my H/T at it's first attempt. I don't give a monkeys though, as I dropped the 88 off ages ago tongue.gif

20032274243333185525073.jpg

Sorry to report that a half track has just been taken out on my sector of the front too, but fear not as one of Cpt. Piesofski's infamous Motorised Molotovs bought the Collective Farm at the same time.

Can anyone on the German side remind me the call sign for the Stukas again?, I seem to have forgotten it.

By the way whilst playing for the College football team on Wednesday I had my nose broken. The opposition were playing in RED; damn commies are trying every trick in the book to prevent being liberated by us nice Teutonic chaps.

Obergefreiter Füller,

Thanks to lend-lease and the sweat of the Soviet Steel workers There are many more MM's rolling off the production lines to replace the one that was lost. Unlike your HT and the Facisti that cowered within it. smile.gif

Edit due to my poor collective farm spelling.

[ February 28, 2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Captain Pies ]

Soddball; check your mail, the answer may be hiding in there!!

Holien; is it Gilbert??

Have just watched a video called 'The Bunker'.

A Brit "horror" film set in '44 Belgian/German border, in a German AT Bunker. Crap horror film, well crap film all in all, but at least they tried on the uniforms and weapons - although I couldn't quite make out who the bosche were supposed to be: were definately Heer but wore cuff title and shoulder strap badge?. Anyway don't get the film out for it is a waste of time and money.

Forgive these Normanesque ramblings but I am bored out of my mind.

Len is still going strong and we have maybe 9 turns to go depending on the random clock.

His trackless Stug is still active and Molotovs have yet to persuade his crew to leave the safety of their iron coffin.

My KV has been taken out very easily and I need to do some research as to what the Germans get in this time period.

It seems that they have an edge in technology.

Len has wisely gone for lots and lots of infantry and I am running out of bullets to shoot them all.

;)

H

Dear Mr. Blue

My name is Mr.Brown, and I am representing the Southern Albania Pyramid Win Quickâ„¢ scheme. We have come up with a unique way to help you become an awesome (and by that I mean totally sweet) CMBB tourney player. All you have to do is surrender to me now, and then find six more people to surrender to me as well. Once you have done so, I will send you a paper acknowledging your contribution, and you are free to find another nitwit, err, new member of the scheme to surrender to you.

Do not hesitate! Act now! It is your chance to enter the hallowed halls of CMBB stardom!

Yours wholeheartedly

Mr Brown

DeadValentine.jpg

This little incident reminded me of the prophetic Led Zeppelin Album and particulary of the track:

In through the out door

LOS Tool In The Rain

(Jones/Page/Plant)

Well there's a light in your eye that keeps shining

Like a star that can't wait for the night

I hate to think I've been blinded baby (shocked or hatched down?)

Why can't I see you tonight? (EFOW?)

And the warmth of your smile starts a-burnin'

And the thrill of your touch gives me fright (richochet?)

And I'm shaking so much, really yearning

Why don't you show up, make it all right? (Hide?)

Yeah, it's all right.

And if you promised you'd love so completely

and you said you would always be true

You swore that you would never leave me, baby:

What ever happened to you?

And you thought it was only in movies

As you wish all your dreams would come true

It ain't the first time believe me, baby

I'm standin here feeling blue

Yeah I'm blue

Now I will stand in the rain on the corner

I'll watch the people go shuffling downtown

Another ten minutes no longer

And then I'm turning around

The (death?) clock on the wall's moving slower

My heart it sinks to the ground

And the storm that I thought would blow over

Clouds the light of the love that I found

Now my body is starting to quiver

And the palms of my hands getting wet

I've got no reason to doubt you baby,

It's all a terrible mess

I'll run in the rain till I'm breathless (withdrawl/)

When I'm breathless I'll run till I drop, hey

The thoughts of a fool's kind of careless

I'm just a fool waiting on the wrong block, oh yeah

Light of the love that I found...

Uh-oh, a tense moment in our game as the turn stopped on 60 seconds one of my Panzers was caught scampering across the KV's right side at full speed. I guess that the KV will have one shot before I'm out of sight, but he drilled the halftrack instantly, so can he repeat it at 720m against a fast moving armoured target. All will be revealed a few seconds into the replay, but I take comfort in the fact that Soviets are of course renowned bad shots with terrible optics ;)

2003318121703794203071.jpg

This tourney has already been worthwhile just to read some of the great posts here :D

Mr Brown,

Patience my dear sir. I have been busy, but will now turn up and whip your hide. The foul communist rabble are unfit to dirty the soles of our boots.

So far, we have reached turn 3, with ne'er a hint of contact. Could it be that all my long barrelled 75mm have frightened the poor peasants away? Will our heroes advance to the village unmolested? Will Mr Brown conceed before we get into double figures? Is the moon made of blue cheese?

For the next exciting adventure, tune in to the Blue/Brown battle. BTW we are looking for Mr GreenandYellowstripes, so that we can play the whole flex. (European wiring joke for our colonial readers).

The battle continues...

Dear Mr. Blue

the superiority of our Razchedviki is second to none, as this picture clearly shows. We know where you live, and more importantly, we are already busy scuttling that vile plan of yours.

truck.jpg

Ask the crew of this fascist truck whether they would not have preferred a life at home, instead of being shot at by a subgroup of dedicated workers and peasants who have exchanged the spade and forklift for the machine-gun and tank to bring sweet liberation to the children of the Rodina.

As this picture shows:

running.jpg

Your men are already running in round three - it is heartening to see that they get some practice in. They will need it.

The War Council and Political Leadership of Mr.Brown's troops.

Originally posted by Andreas:

Dear Mr. Blue

the superiority of our Razchedviki is second to none, as this picture clearly shows. We know where you live, and more importantly, we are already busy scuttling that vile plan of yours.

[snip]

Ask the crew of this fascist truck whether they would not have preferred a life at home, instead of being shot at by a subgroup of dedicated workers and peasants who have exchanged the spade and forklift for the machine-gun and tank to bring sweet liberation to the children of the Rodina.

As this picture shows:

[snip]

Your men are already running in round three - it is heartening to see that they get some practice in. They will need it.

The War Council and Political Leadership of Mr.Brown's troops.

My troops are merely combining two jobs at once. They are ridding the earth of the foul infestation that is the communists, and completing their weekly keep fit regime as well. As for the truck...you should wait and see what's behind it!

Now be a good fellow, and just hit that surrender button. You know it makes sense...

I am, sir, as ever, your total physical and moral superior,

Mr Blue

Well, if it's kills you wants...here's mine. I'm sure Lucky will be along to post his [snigger]. My two-man, green, unfit Pak38 crew have earnt themselves the EK1, probably to be closely followed by the Wound Badge in Gold. His jeeps seem strangely bulletproof though...

t341.jpg

t342.jpg

kv1.jpg

t60.jpg

[ March 02, 2003, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Gary T ]

Originally posted by Makes The Jelly Judder:

I can't let Wicky grt away with posting pictures of my dead tanks, so here are some of his dead/blowed up stuff.

I'm not really sure what this is, it was a tank then it was an sp gun. Whatever it was it was killed by the combined fire of a maxim and a at rifle.

It's a hybrid Norwegian Tank Destroyer / Wanklewagon which isn't dead, just resting.

The crew just popped off to go to the bog (hint) in the trees and are just waiting for the Toilettenpapierträger* to drop of supplies before re-embarking on their heroic mission.

*Babel Fish Tranlation

[ March 02, 2003, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

:( Walks into the thread head bowed ....Oh here goes .................

Originally posted by Lou2000:

.............Snip.........

2. It'll be nice to see those southerners come grovelling for players to boost their numbers ... ;)

Oh yeah and I just thought of a third one ...

3. It'll be nice to see those southerners come grovelling for players to boost their numbers :D

.....................Snip...............

Lou2000

I cant beleive after posting the above im having to come here grovelling to try and boost our player numbers redface.gif;)

It seems we have lost a player in the NOWT and all attempts to contact him have so far failed.

If there is anybody following this thread who would like a place in a similar tournament ... please drop into the NOWT thread or email me direct (address in profile). There is a setup file ready and waiting to be posted if anybody is interested !

Quickly runs for the door before I have to listen to the sound of SEPTIC laughter !!!

Lou2000 ;)