Attention South Of England Players - you are cordially summoned to this thread...

Hi Guys,

Rex hs asked me to start of the rounds for you all, so here we go. Hopefully this is what you were after Rex, and hopefully you guys will have a LOT of fun smile.gif

Game 1 : Mr Grey vs Mr Gold

Game 2 : Mr Black vs Mr Crimson

Game 3 : Mr Brown vs Mr Blue

Game 4 : Mr Pink vs Mr Green

Game 5 : Mr Indigo vs Mr Khaki

Game 6 : Mr Red vs Mr Orange

Game 7 : Mr White vs Mr Silver

Game 8 : Mr Cyan vs Mr Magenta

Enjoy guys!

Dan

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Edit] Bloody hell, thanks Dan that was very quick! :cool:

Here's the decoded list:

Game 1: Sandy v Boff

Game 2: Lucky Strike v Gary T

Game 3: Andreas v Sailor Malan

Game 4: Soddball v Edward Windsor

Game 5: M.T.J.J. v Wicky

Game 6: PK v Rex Bellator

Game 7: Captain Pies v Iain Fuller

Game 8: Holien v Len

As it's late I'll post about the first round conclusion date etc. tommorow. Meanwhile feel free to get your game underway with the Russian players doing the first setups. Gentlemen - start your engines!

[ February 19, 2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

Ayee! I face off against Teddy Windsor - and he ownz my Sig! :(

Bugger. I should have known you'd be Mr Pink. I wore out my lucky Y-fronts in the Black Forest, but do you fancy raising the stakes with a little more sig Russian roulette?

Teddy

[ February 20, 2003, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

Holien you idle bugger - if you can summon up half a calorie to spare to scroll back the entire TWO pages you will find Len is on page two, his email is in his profile. I think Len will be favourite for your game as it seems that you won't have the energy to order more than one unit per turn tongue.gif

Soddball & Edward Windsor, I chuckled when I saw Dan's draw as I knew you two had 'previous'. Be a man Mr Pink, it's payback time.

LUCKY STRIKE - I couldn't find your email addy in your profile and you didn't contact me. You were Mr Black as well, the coolest name wasted. If you are still OK to continue can you please contact Gary T if you haven't already.

[ February 20, 2003, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Rex_Bellator

Be a man Mr Pink, it's payback time.

Soddball

Why am I Mr. Pink?

Rex_Bellator

Because you're a faggot, all right?

Soddball

Why can't we pick our own colours?

Rex_Bellator

No way, no way. Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black. But they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way, I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow.

Andreas

Yeah, but Mr. Brown, that's a little too close to Mr. Sh…

Soddball

Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pussy. How about if I'm Mr. Purple? That sounds good to me. I'll be Mr. Purple.

Rex_Bellator

You're not Mr. Purple. Some guy on the Western Front is Mr. Purple. You're Mr. Pink.

Captain Pies

Who cares what your name is?

Soddball

Yeah, that's easy for you to say. You're Mr. White. You have a cool sounding name. All right look, if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, you wanna trade?

Rex_Bellator

Hey, nobody's trading with anybody. This ain't a goddamn United Nations meeting, you know. Now listen up, Mr. Pink. There's two ways you can go in this battle - my way or the highway. Now what's it going to be, Mr. Pink?

Soddball

Jesus Christ. Forget about it. It's beneath me. I'm Mr. Pink. Let's move on…

ROTFLMAO!!

So many university memories came flooding back with that scene - Reservoir Dogs was released in my first term at uni smile.gif

Teddy, I've decided. I'm going to cream you. I'm going to turn you into a jus. I'm going to flambe you and serve you on a bed of fresh basil.

All you other buggers can wait your turn.

As someone that is new to competition gaming, and indeed fairly new to PBEM games in general - are there any rules that we need to bare in mind when choosing our forces; guns needing a vehicle to tow them, no aircraft etc.?????

"F~~k this" - Great Grandad, 3rd Ypres

[ February 20, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Iain Fuller ]

Ummm, not in the Septic Cup. If you and your opponent want to make sporting agreements about purchases that's fine. I have used house rules with other PBEM players, but thought that deciding on them to 16 peoples satisfaction may have been more trauma than it was worth, and wanted to get this underway.

Hopefully not many people are taking this seriously as a 'competiton' anyway (it is the South England Players Totally Irrelevant Challenge after all) so go ahead - buy that Sturmtiger!

PS. :D:D:D for Mr Windsor.

As someone that is new to competition gaming, and indeed fairly new to PBEM games in general - are there any rules that we need to bare in mind when choosing our forces; guns needing a vehicle to tow them, no aircraft etc.?????
Iain I've no special prefs on rules, In a ME towed guns and other unmaneuverable units are largely useless and wouldn't be a good idea to have in the force mix. I'll send you the setup tonight.

Steve

Rex darling....

I look forward to you actually turning up to a drinking session hosted by Andreas.

I have been down that way three times so far, so I must clasify as an honuary southerner.

(I guess if you knew I was actually Welsh I would be banned from playing!!!)

Anyway I have some plans up my sleeves for later in the year so this little social net get together will help identify some potential victims.

As for winning or losing this is unimportant, it is more about learning. (I just learn more than some.)

smile.gif

H

[ February 20, 2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Originally posted by Iain Fuller:

Cheers for the replies. Sorry if it was a stoopid question but as Soddball already knows I am in the middle of an essay writing, getting near my deadline frenzy at the moment, so the old brain is freaking out all over the place.

Out of interest anyone else involved in this from the fair county of Essex?

Iain, I keep trying to email you and keep getting the email bounced back;

Unable to deliver to destination domain

Failed to deliver to domain bobworld.fsnet.co.uk after 2 tries.

The last error was:

DNS server could not be contacted or generated an unexpected response

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Soddball:

Teddy, I've decided. I'm going to cream you. I'm going to turn you into a jus. I'm going to flambe you and serve you on a bed of fresh basil.

Fine words from the Delia Smith of the Combat Mission world. But before you can get medieval on my bottom, you've got to send a setup tongue.gif

Teddy (whose doughnuts always look like Fanny's)

Dear Mr. Blue, it has come to our attention that you would not be entirely unhappy if a certain Mrs. Madonna, living in London, sat on a specious bodypart of yours.

It is our deep-seated conviction that this desire of yours just won't do. Please find hencewith a setup in your inbox which will deliver the requisite amounts of wanton death in destruction to your Fascist Invading Scumbagsâ„¢ to make you think twice before you feel another stirring coming on.

My Kommissar has a red-hot poker for you, and if the words 'Eddy Longshank's daughter in law' mean anything to you, you should be scared. Very scared.

We shall not rest nor do any other stuff until we have driven your besmirchers of the Rodina before us, and have heard the corresponding lamentation of der women.

With the best regards from South-East London.

Good-day Sir, and be damned.

Mr. Brown

:D

Let the mayhem begin...

This is my first ever CMBB QB and I am a tad nervous. (Some of you may find that hard to fathom but it is the truth. IMO why QB when there are scenarios made by top quality designers just waiting to be played double blind...)

:D

I had to RTFM to understand why 1500 had turned into a larger amount. And I am not sure if I should have spent it all on KV's.

Turn sent to Len...

I await the action.

H

[ February 20, 2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Game 6 is go,go,go. Red v Orange, and PK is about to be Tango'd. It will be interesting to see what kind of units we've all settled on as the round progresses.

Gary T (and anyone else who hasn't started) it's still early so I propose giving players until Sunday to get underway. At that stage we should be able to grovel to some standby players but - oh the horror - I can't guarantee they'll be from the South. If substitute players can't be found quickly then it will have to be byes I suppose.

It will be useful if one player from each game can flag up the fact that their game has started in this thread when it happens. So far games 3,4,6 and 8 seem to have begun already, but please keep us updated.

An initial thought for the closing date for Round 1 will be the last day of April, OK?

[ February 20, 2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

LUCKY STRIKE - I couldn't find your email addy in your profile and you didn't contact me. You were Mr Black as well, the coolest name wasted. If you are still OK to continue can you please contact Gary T if you haven't already.

Oops - thought I'd updated my profile - obviously a beginner at work here - done it now I hope and will email Mr Crimson in the morning.

LS (aka Mr Black)