Attention South Of England Players - you are cordially summoned to this thread...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I was too far north to enter this tourney ..... Midlands ... (about 30 mins from Coventry !! tongue.gif ) I still keep dropping in to view the thread and the progress of the tournament and games .....

That said now the tourney is up and running and all the posts are about game progress and will probably continue for a few weeks/months wouldnt this thread be better in the Opponent finder forum rather than the general CMBB forum!

Lou2000

My moneys on holien cos any1 that lazy just has to be jammy get as well ;) ,he also talks himself down alot lol(not a good sign) .

Lou were gonna have to get us northern monkeys together for our own aswell,can t let these southern straw chewing cider drinkers have all the fun. :eek:

Will be keeping tabs on this thread guys so keep us up to date .

Cheers

J lad

I have now received back the set-up from Mr.Blue. To flummox him, I shall employ Maskirovka and not return it until Sunday evening - mwhahahahaharrr, cough, errrmmm

BTW - this battle will be over very quick.

[starts singing]

Arise ye workers from your slumbers

Arise ye prisoners of want

For reason in revolt now thunders

And at last ends the age of cant.

Away with all your superstitions

Servile masses arise, arise

We'll change henceforth the old tradition

And spurn the dust to win the prize.

So comrades, come rally

And the last fight let us face

The Internationale unites the human race.

So comrades, come rally

And the last fight let us face

The Internationale unites the human race

No more deluded by reaction

On tyrants only we'll make war

The soldiers too will take strike action

They'll break ranks and fight no more

And if those cannibals keep trying

To sacrifice us to their pride

They soon shall hear the bullets flying

We'll shoot the generals on our own side.

No saviour from on high delivers

No faith have we in prince or peer

Our own right hand the chains must shiver

Chains of hatred, greed and fear

E'er the thieves will out with their booty

And give to all a happier lot.

Each at the forge must do their duty

And we'll strike while the iron is hot.

Sorry Sgt Pepper but STRAW and CIDER!!

Firstly there aint no straw where I come from; and everyone knows that it's definately a Lager Top that is the 'national drink' of the Londoner!!!

But saying that I am always in denial being half Cumbrian and having to live in Whitehaven and Workington for a good few years!!!

Firstly there aint no straw where I come from; and everyone knows that it's definately a Lager Top that is the 'national drink' of the Londoner!!!
im generalising southern lol maybe a bit to much ;) i aint starting on pearly king and queens, bit like me not owning a whippet and flat cap .Does that mean you are a man u supporter :D

Regards

J Lad

MAN UTD, do me a favour. I have been playing the beautiful game and going to matches for 20+ years now!! ,No : "ooh Euro 96 and we all love footie, oh whos the best I'll support them" crap from me.

It used to be that the only time you saw a Man U fan was at one of their games. Now you can't move for the Surrey dwelling gits. Where were they in the 80's.

Sorry Sgt Pepper you touched a nerve there. I am, always have been and always will be Claret and Blue - West Ham Utd. (maybe thats why I like to use the Romanians and Hungarians - I have an affection for the underdog!!)

Oh and before any of you runway-dodgers start going on about this season, remember who it was that made you NOT win two championships.

Sergent Pepper ...... yeah maybe we should get a 'Northern Star' Tournament going ... who knows we could then have playoffs with the top 8 from the North Vs the top 8 from the south....

(lower case 's' intentional :D )

Once again the countryside will ring with the cries of that old latin prayer ... "May God protect us from the fury of the Northmen!"

Anybody interested and has organised a tourney before ?

I'd be willing to organise it if somebody can assist in the setup details ...

Maybe Rex could forward his setup and then both tournaments could run along the same rules.

Dont take it too seriously guys ... I've lived in Devon, Dorset and Hants over the last few years ... though i class that as missionary work :D;)

Also ... would be very interested in seeing some AAR's from the south ??

Lou2000

MAN UTD, do me a favour.
A ha a fellow utd hater :D i take it all back mate lol couldn t resist , all the best in the tourny we ll have to have a match up when you ve finished with mr blue,black,orange,purple,rainbow whateva lol.

cheers

who knows we could then have playoffs with the top 8 from the North Vs the top 8 from the south....
Definately lou can t wait to drop some T N T in the back pockets of the southern infantry and make them runaround just like the T V show with mike reid :D GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOO!

Regards

J Lad ;)

Hah! One problem is stopping me from telling you guys how to organise it, I may have to grovel to you for substitute places in this one and it's too early to judge if this format is going to work yet. No wait, that's two.

OK two problems are stopping me from telling you guys how to organise it, I may have to grovel to you for substitute places in this one and it's too early to judge if this is going to work and you really have to come up with a sillier name than Northern Star. Damn that's three.

Right then, these problems are stopping me from telling you guys how to organise it, I may have to grovel to you for substitute places in this one and it's too early to judge if this is going to work and you really have to come up with a sillier name than Northern Star and it was all made up on the fly anyway. Aaargh.

Last attempt. A veritable plethora of problems are stopping me from telling you guys how to organise it, I may have to grovel to you for substitute places in this one and it's too early to judge if this is going to work and you really have to come up with a sillier name than Northern Star and it was all made up on the fly and all the info you need is on this thread anyway.

FWIW just decide on the parameters, email a number to each player and get a third party to 'do the draw', couldn't be simpler. You'll need exactly 8 or 16 players though, that's the slightly difficult bit.

Finally I want to thank everyone who is contributing to this, we have songs, mild abuse, movie trivia, footie, and good suggestions about AARs already. It might be an idea to open up a shiny new thread RIGHT HERE on this forum tongue.gif in a couple of days when we're all up and running. If anyone complains that tourney threads are taking over then it will perhaps persuade BFC to double the number of threads on each page or somefink. I always thought that was a mighty fine idea for all except Holien who wouldn't be able to scroll past the first six anyway.

[ February 21, 2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

OK ...there are two reasons why I'm going to set up the Northern Tourney...

1. There seems to be enough interest.. :cool:

2. It'll be nice to see those southerners come grovelling for players to boost their numbers ... ;)

Oh yeah and I just thought of a third one ...

3. It'll be nice to see those southerners come grovelling for players to boost their numbers :D

I'd really like it to be organised along Rex's setup .... I think I have all the details from this thread ... battle date / map type etc, but if Rex or Sodball could email me the details you used I'd appreciate it !

I'll start a new thread once im ready ... (this weekend).

Lou2000

Originally posted by Gary T:

Well, got setup from LS...although it says 1500pts in force size I appear to have been given 3000pts to spend.????? And can we drop the random fitness please?

a) you will lose 50% of the chaps you buy due to random losses

B) no - where would the fun be then? :D

I for one look forward to my nightbattle with unfit Soviet conscripts. smile.gif

Gents,

I will be running a Northern or Rest of UK Tourney ... But anybody who has already been offered a place in the Southern one will NOT be offered a place ......

1. I dont want to set one up in direct competition to Rex's current tourney.

2. Does the term 'Hiwi' ;) ring any bells ? or perhaps collaborator :D You sold your souls to the southern devil tongue.gif

3. And it wouldnt be fair on others who may want a place and didnt qualify for the other one !

Nothing personal, Hope you understand !

lou2000

I just popped in to post my apology to Len as we have drawn a night time meeting.

Oh bloody hell - extrmeme FOW, at night, in my first CMBB game - this is going to be real peachy.

I've just been reading about night engagements in Band of Brothers - lots of "friendly fire" incidents.... :(