Battlefront: Congrats for SCREWING UP again....

;)

I just noticed the comment on the BF site front page about the CMBB Windows version now being backordered.

It brought back memories on how CMBO sold out so quickly than per BF's expectations that it resulted in a scramble to get another batch produced. I surmise that BF had a larger initial batch of CMBB made up before putting it on market. Even so, the Windoze version still has sold out.

GREAT news. I'm glad to see that Battlefront is doing that well on the wargamer market again, in sales volume. smile.gif

[ January 17, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Spook ]

I don't recall any news or announcement either, only that a few weeks after the initial lot was available for purchase, people began experiencing backordes. Now that I think about it, though, that may have been related, in part, to the problem with some improperly manufactured CDs.

So, you get perfect service from all of your favorite retail vendors?

Remember who you are dealing with. If BFC was like other firms in this business, they would sell crap and the shelves would have as much of it as you like, all nicely marked down because no one else bought it.

It's called supply and demand, remember? I can understand your impatience, but testy words will not improve the situation. smile.gif

Is it possible that they may be waiting for the finalized v1.02 patch to be fully tested before sending the next run off for duplication?

I'm guessing that we might see the release of the v1.02 patch within the next two weeks so maybe the next Windows run of reproduction of the CD might include the latest patch? :confused:

Just a guess....

-tom w

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

So, you get perfect service from all of your favorite retail vendors?

Remember who you are dealing with. If BFC was like other firms in this business, they would sell crap and the shelves would have as much of it as you like, all nicely marked down because no one else bought it.

It's called supply and demand, remember? I can understand your impatience, but testy words will not improve the situation. smile.gif

Just to clear the air, I was only teasing Battlefront, not being testy or impatient with them. The backorder means nothing to me personally, it's actually GOOD news in that CMBB has sold well enough to HAVE a backorder.

Perhaps I could've worded it a bit better at first. redface.gif In fact, I will.

I placed my order for cmbb at 7:20 eastern time on the night of the 16th, my confirmation order did'nt mention anything about a backorder.Does this mean I got one of the last?I had to wait awhile to get unneeded fund's to spend on it and to have to wait longer is a bummer,I guess timing is everything :(