ROW III Overflow Tourney

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bummer and after all your hard work which went into organising the tourney which I was really looking forward to.

Hope the chap who released the maps will be shouting a few rounds down the pub for this.

Thanks anyway and hope you will try and organise another tourney again soon.

Blame this one on me guys...a total screw up on my part. At the Chicago get together, I gave people a copy of the scenario folder so they would have the new scenarios I made. I didn't know I had some from testing from other authors that were to be used in the tourney, or I would certainly not given them out. I slipped once and as Nidan knows, i specifically ask if in a tourney so I do NOT send out the files. There were only 4 CDs given out, and I don't know if any of the guys are in the tourney, other then one person who realized it right away and came forward.

I apologized to Treeburst already...and to those here now. I honestly didn't know those scenarios were on there. So, the couple people promise not to look at the CDs, I think you are in good shape. I know the person who caught it did not look at the scenarios.

Again, many apologies...I just didn't realize it.

Rune

I got a cd from rune but haven't opened one of them yet. Nor would I look at a tourney scenario. Didn't even realize tourney scenarios were on there actually. So no worries there.

Hope this all settles down and we can continue. I believe it was only I and Spanish Bombs who are in the tourney and received the cd. So if you all can trust us we should go on. I'm not the cheating type anyway and wouldn't want to know my opponents forces, etc. Takes the fun out of it in my opinion.

smile.gif

[ January 26, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]

The above two posts are accurate. When I took a look at the CD last night, I did find the tournament scenarios on the CD. I have not looked at them, obviously, and have no intention of doing so whatsoever. In the interest of fair play and full disclosure, however, I did send emails to Lord Dragon and Treeburst last night disclosing the breach in FOW, and to Rune this morning letting him know the turn of events. Rune's tendering of the scenarios was obviously a complete mistake, and something regrettable but I don't think it should be the end of things.

Both LD and I are ROW vets, who have our integrity for this and future tourneys at stake here. I hope that we both have earned/deserve some trust.

There are 2 threads now dealing with the subject, in the regular ROW thread and this one. If there is going to be further discussion, perhaps we should stick to one of these threads.

Yes is will start, and sooner than you think. Hopefully you all have received my e-mail announcing my plans to launch it this weekend. Please e-mail me right away if you have not, as I may be working off an old list.

I have 23 players, with Vihkr supposedly taking over for Liken in section 4, but haven't heard from him yet. Vihkr if you read this please contact me right away. Sgt Kelly, please e-mail me as well just in case.

Almost time...

Well since we are getting ready to go I want to wish everyone in Section 3 Good Luck!

Also, what is the prize that B&T is offering. Have I missed that? If not, that would be fun to know.

Anyway, I can't wait to get started. Thanks to everyone for putting this together.

Beckman

Last Call!

Ok, by now everyone should have received your assignments. Please let me know if this is not the case.

As for the roster, I am coming up 3 short so listen up.

Vihkr

Diceman

Uberman

You three need to contact me right away. I am just about to launch this thing, and I need to know if you are still interested in participating. I can't keep these guys waiting any longer, so you have until tonight to make the cut.

While we're at it, I would like to hear from the replacement players as well. Topi, Panzerdude and Londoner, are you still interested?

Sgt Kelly, you're in the batter's box. Stay tuned.