BFC, when will we know the next project?

Hi,

Firstly, I do not mean to nag smile.gif , it is just a case of natural enthusiasm for what may be coming next. I am an unhinged fan of CMBB, and am heavily into all sorts of projects to do with it. Could not be happier with it. The slower pace and non hero infantry I consider a step change in realism.

However, when CMBO was the latest game it was fun playing CMBO, while dreaming and considering what CMBB was to be like. Immersing myself in CMBB, while reading up on the next project would be a laugh :D .

So, BFC do you have any idea when you may feel you can tell us? Or when BFC may make a final decision itself on what it is to be?

All the best,

Kip.

PS. My vote would be for 1970s Cold War. But sadly, I do not have a vote :D .

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see North Africa as well...Or even for the Italian Campaigns..like the invasion at Anzio or the battles on Sicily etc..But more than anything to see a Pacific Theater.I would love to recreate the invsions of Tarawa Atoll..Iwo Jima.Fighting at Guadal Canal and in China .

But modern times would be great as well...

[ January 09, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Erwin Rommel ]

How about cmbo and cmbb combined with the engine rewrite. The eastern and western front combined with the rewrite would mean better graphics, animations, and tweaks that can't be done with the current engine. Also, the inclusion of even more units on both fronts.

Not that im complaining about the cm games. Im perfectly content and happy with them now. But hey, all i know is that they're working on it and im sure that we'll love it.

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

How about cmbo and cmbb combined with the engine rewrite. The eastern and western front combined with the rewrite would mean better graphics, animations, and tweaks that can't be done with the current engine. Also, the inclusion of even more units on both fronts.

I have to agree. Combine both CMBO and CMBB for

the next game, and add North Africa, or perhaps

even 1939/1940!

It would be excellent. VERY excellent.

Originally posted by kipanderson:

PS. My vote would be for 1970s Cold War. But sadly, I do not have a vote :D .

I would rather the next version of the game cover all the major European theaters, the East and West front, Italy and North Africa. Of course, I would understand in BFC planned on seperating them. But a West Front/Italy/North Africa game could be made, then a revision of the East Front would be great also.

But please don't go too far from the WW2 era.

IMHO, of course.

<font color="red"><big><big>WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! And when they're done they can give it away for free, that would be even better!</font></big></big>

uh...ya do realize these guys are out to make some money, yes?

[ January 09, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Sir Augustus:

The korean conflict. Something I know hardly anything about.

Quite simple: One side kickass. Then the other side kick ass. Another player enter and kick the other side ass again. Stalemate.

Seriously, this is the one I want the more.

[ January 09, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Originally posted by bos:

Hi,

Why can't this game engine be used for other type games....like Atlantic or Pacific Naval Warfare?

What about WWI or the Civil War?

Bos

Hmm. I'll take this one, professor.

</font>

• Atlantic or Pacific Naval warfare?
    Because the game engine is designed for tactical land combat at close ranges, not naval combat (which involves a whole different set of problems, variables, formulae, etc., etc.)
    </font>
  • WWI:

The problem is that to be historically accurate, the number of men in the units would have to be increased, and movement flexibility decreased. Platoons would probably be the smallest unit size. It would be a little too awkward to do well, in other words, and likely rather boring as well -- how many people want to play "Okay, everyone over the top! Run towards the other side! . . . Okay! Fall back! . . . Prepare to repulse enemy counterattack! for several hours with the net result generally being that you hold the exact same ground as you did to start with, as does your enemy, and the only real question is who lost more men?
    </font>
  • The Civil War

I presume you mean the American Civil War. Wouldn't work well at all, as the tactics and equipment were far too different. If you are looking for a decent Civil War sim, I heartily recommend Sid Meier's old Gettysburg!/Antietam! game.

</font>

Steve

No doubt about it: This would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

You want to simulate NATO soldiers sitting in Gasthauses in West Germany drinking beer? :confused: Makes me glad you don't have a vote.[/QB]

Well, it was a bit more exciting. I remember fistfights, hard rock, wet T-shirt contests with the ugliest women on earth participating and every GI I met told me he had had long hair (down to his ass, more or less ) before he joined the army and was the mean, crazy and totally rebellious public enemy No. 1 in the ****kicker settlement he was born in.

Women, booze, violence, rebellion - what else does a good game need?!? :D

Nolloff

As for BFC, I guess the old saying "When we're ready." applies here also. We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally - I'd like a Pacific Theater version (Hey, I know the chances are slim) and this next choice is not even related to CM...a revamped version of Flight Commander. I just love that game.

every GI I met told me he had had long hair (down to his ass, more or less ) before he joined the army and was the mean, crazy and totally rebellious public enemy No. 1 in the ****kicker settlement he was born in.
Don't forget that everyone was also the captain of their local sports team (which of course won state) as well as pulling in nearly 50k a year. Honestly I just joined for the excitement. :rolleyes:

I have to go with the combined European/Med engine. Imagine the "What ifs." KVs vs Pershings anyone? :cool:

[ January 10, 2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Sgtgoody ]