The Imperial Peng Challenge Thread OR Seanachai's Finest Hour

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

... and M. Sedai is scurrying around some woods at the limit of my perception, like a cheerful, yet cowardly little chipmunk.

Never you fear you young pup - I'm not scurrying in the least. So you can take that chipmunk you are so fond of and shove it in the same place you keep your gerbils - if I'm not putting to fine a point on it.

The nerve of some people thinking that tactical genius correlates to tiny woodland creatures skulking furtively on the outskirts and too timid to take action. You'll rue the day, young man!!! Rue, I say!

sheesh...

[ August 05, 2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Moraine Sedai ]

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Yes, well thank you Lars but I was thinking more in terms of phots YOU had taken! You see, while I AM interested in photos of the IL-16 in flight, I'm fairly certain, knowing you, that YOUR photos might well contain ... additional subjects of interest, if you get my drift.

Now Joe, you realise that some of us (by us I mean Lars) aren't technically competent enough to use a camera and end up looking through the lens and taking photos of nostrils....and none of us really want to see photos of that. *shudder*

But seeing an actual flyable IL16? YOU LUCKY, LUCKY BASTAGE, LARS.

Mace

[ August 06, 2003, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

So, I am checking my E-mail....

A word of advice from a seniour Kiiiinigit

*places a friendly arm around NG cavscout shoulders*

....just be careful who you give your email addy to.

If it falls into the wrong hands you could very well be dealing with a veritable flood of email from extremely *cough cesspoolers cough* strange *cough cesspoolers cough* people.

*takes hands away from shoulder*

PS This conversation never happened. I was never here.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

If it falls into the wrong hands you could very well be dealing with a veritable flood of email from extremely *cough cesspoolers cough* strange *cough cesspoolers cough* people.

Mace

And an Ohioan shall lead them...

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

Mace

And an Ohioan shall lead them... </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

May the Lord protect us from Ohioans.

Actually, I believe the 16th century Scottish poem originally went:

": From ghosties and ghoulies

: and long-legged Radleys

: and things that go bump in the night,

: Dear Lord preserve us."

It was later changed because as luck would have it, some pettifogging right wing focus group thought it was too graphic and could permanently scar children and Minnesotans, so they revised it.

Buncha big girls blouses.

Originally posted by Mace:

But seeing an actual flyable IL16? YOU LUCKY, LUCKY BASTAGE, LARS.

Heh, did more than that. Took a look in the cockpit too. The nice thing about the Oshkosh airshow is you can get about as close to the planes as Boo has to get to his monitor in order to move his lips along with the little, flickering letters. And if you sweet talk the owner, you can climb inside. They're usually happy to show off. I've even gotten offers of a flight home that way. But watch out for somebody on the flight line starting up a engine when you're not watching.

Not you Boo, you could use a prop in the head...

SSN Hint Of The Day: If you do something nice, make sure everyone knows about it.

Now sod off.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by R_Leete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

That would largely depend upon whether this is the Budweiser of Meads, or the Guiness of Meads.

If it were a "Guiness", do you think I would be sending it off with narry a second thought?

And yes, you shall see. All three of you. I am sending off the last of it, to make room for the new batch.

P.S. Joe, you twit, I was annointed and made kniggit at the Ascension of King Meeks, long may he be gone. Do A Search, you ninny. </font>

Shaw you daft bugger, RLeete was my Squire. He was a fine Squire, and I eventually made him a Knight during the brief but bizarre reign of Meeks the First, when he, at great personal risk, took on the duties and responsibilities of an upper level member of the clergy.
Seanachai you idiot I KNOW who his liege was ... that's why I stated that it was an ABSENT Knight and that, by rights, R_Leete (can't we have a rule about these stupid underlined names ... they break up my typing rhythm) should still be a bleeding SERF let along a Squire. Oh no, Seanachai I knew EXACTLY who he was when I made that post.

Not his fault, at least not mostly, he's a foole of the first water but his Liege was hopelessly inept.

Joe

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by R_Leete:

<font size=-1>Little did I know that this would trigger some latent too-long-and-oh-so-very-strange-fantasy story gene, burried in his twisted DNA.</font>

Latent? There's nothing LATENT about Seanachai's too-long-story gene. It's been out of the closet for YEARS. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

But watch out for somebody on the flight line starting up a engine when you're not watching.

Not you Boo, you could use a prop in the head...

You're just upset because of the pasting I'm giving you on the battlefield. That's OK, soldier. Let it all out. Cry if you must.

(Edited to say that I'm really, really, really not a-scaired of Joe Shaw.)

[ August 06, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Seanachai:

<font size=-1>Pondscum, you especially should apply yourself to reading all my posts, carefully and completely.</font>

I'll do that when you send me a feckin' turn, you... you... Canadian wannabe. And we'll see who fossilizes first.

PS Did I mention that Noba just sent his tanks "over the top"?

overthetop.jpg

Has anyone noticed the metamorphosis of the cable station TNN to SPIKETV "The Network for Men"

It has been a very painful endeavor for me, because I enjoy watching reuns of "Star Trek Next Generation", and this was the only station to have them. Not to mention now that my wife works later hours I also watch "Blind Date" which kind of substitutes for the long meaningful dialog my wife and I used to have when we actually ate dinner together.

So "Blind Date" leads right into "STNG", I dont even have to use the remote. So while I am sending out my PBEM turns, "The New Network for Men" blares aloud in the background.

What I hate the most out of this horrible hype of a second rate cable station, are the constant commercials for shows such as "Striparella" starring Pam Anderson, and "Gary the Rat" starring

that guy from "Cheers" whose name eludes me now.

These are animated shows by the way, why would I want to watch a cartoon representation of Pam Anderson, when I could switch to the Playboy Channel and see real women? Not only do they run these ads ad nauseum between breaks, but they have the nerve to run animated adds during Star Trek, at the bottom of the screen.

Are these Madison Avenue types so insensitive to true fans, or are they so coked up that they don't realize just how annoying they are?

Not to mention every other commercial, that is not an ad for some stupid program, is a Tampon ad or something for women's hygiene or grooming. I thought this was "The First Network for Men"?

I work for a Cable Company, and we get all the trade rags, these people actually think they are on to something. They are so busy re-inventing the wheel, and snorting white powder, that they would not recognize a new concept if it bit them in the ass.

What I am suggesting, is that we sponser Seanachai to send in scripts and concepts for TV shows, that would appeal to people over the age of eleven. Lets all get together and convince him.

[ August 06, 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

What I am suggesting, is that we sponser Seanachai to send in scripts and concepts for TV shows, that would appeal to people over the age of eleven. Lets all get together and convince him.
Your "concept" should probably be modified to read:
What I am suggesting, is that we sponser Seanachai to send in scripts and concepts for TV shows, that would appeal to people over the age of eleven who are really, REALLY strange and probably strung out on Sterno and have nothing better to do than stare at the TV for hours on end saying things like "Oh ... Wow!". Lets all get together and convince him.
Then it would at least describe what the suits at the network would be getting.

Joe

[ August 06, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Are you kidding? With his galactic sized ego, we couldn't keep him away from attempting it.

But can you see the programming concepts he'd come up with? "My favorite Canadian". "Here come the Canadians" "My Mother the Canadian", "Winnepeg 90210"...is this something we really want to see on TV?

Originally posted by R_Leete:

dalem, stop with the hippy love-fest on the GF, and let butthead's threads just die. Next thing you know, the slimeball will follow you in, and the Grue hasn't been seen for months.

Maybe if you ask nicely I'll make you a BB map instead.

-dale

...can't we have a rule about these stupid underlined names ... they break up my typing rhythm...

Okay, just for you, Josey. It's been changed, ya girly boy. Happy now? Twit. Breaking up your rhythm was the reason in the first place. Sheesh, denser than a Texas lawyer.

should still be a bleeding SERF let along a Squire.

Listen up, Foul One. The bard followed your damn rules as to conditions of serf, squire and kniggithood. Hell, he even tried to knight me several months earlier, and I refused! Maybe I wasn't as colorful with the AARs as you'd like. Sue me.

I ain't going away (unlike your squires, who run screaming from you), and I'm making it my duty to annoy you.

Originally posted by OGSF:

Dear Sir R_Leete,

Wid ye noo shut tha feck oop an' saind mae a stankin' turrrn.

Sir MacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

Ye are n'moor than a wee dram o'poodle spittle flowin' out o' a thimble, Jimmy! Ye' shood shet tha feck oop ye ownself an' SAIND ME A STAINKIN' TURN!

Bassttaaarrrrdd!

Steve

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Alright, gentle readers, the above was a descent into fantasy.

It may have been fantasy, but it was pure brilliance....

A scenaro so funny, clever, and real sounding, that it had me wishing I had been there with you.

Clever stuff Seanacoochie, what do you do for an encore?

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Alright, gentle readers, the above was a descent into fantasy.

It may have been fantasy, but it was pure brilliance....

A scenaro so funny, clever, and real sounding, that it had me wishing I had been there with you.

Clever stuff Seanacoochie, what do you do for an encore? </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

He'll probably break into a discussion of the time he received two full body cavity searches in 24 hours.

Steve

Ah that must have been the time when he dressed in that skin tight leotard.

I did wonder what he had in the carrier bags!!