Summertime...And The Peng Challenge Is Easy...

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Great stategy Lars!

Letting her meet your friends from the Pool was a stroke of genius. That ol' sympathy bit works every time.

We did all feel very badly for her. Such a nice woman....

Hey, Joe, Seanachai? Do you think that you both could take it upon yourselves to send me a move sometime yet this year? I know that I'm asking a great deal, knowing that you two oh so important nabobs are busy making decisions that shape all of our lives, and I know that I'm entirely out of place even thinking of disturbing the deep, deep thoughts of two very important guys like yourselves, but you see, I'm the kind of person who likes to finish that which they have begun. I know that this concept is alien, nay more like anathema to you two, who probably stop talking in mid sentence to wander away and contemplate your navels or what not, and how to extricate your heads from same, if not lower orifices (or should that be orofii?), but, c'mon. Do me a solid, will ya? You both are acting like either Hiram or Croda. Or both. Take your pick.

ps. See how nice I was? Even half bombed, I can still be more of a gentleman than either of you two pinheads can be on your best days.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

See how nice I was? Even half bombed, I can still be more of a gentleman than either of you two pinheads can be on your best days.

Why stop at half when you can go all the way?

(Which brings to mind one of the ready and repeated responses supplied by an old football team mate; "That's what she said.")

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

See how nice I was? Even half bombed, I can still be more of a gentleman than either of you two pinheads can be on your best days.

Why stop at half when you can go all the way?

(Which brings to mind one of the ready and repeated responses supplied by an old football team mate; "That's what she said.") </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

That would be the Yank version of Rugby, the pansy - passing - throwing - girlie game, I presume ?

REAL MEN play Australian Rules.

Noba.

Hows abouts you spend your life savings to buy a ticket up here so's I can teach you a lesson on how to 'girlie'-up? I really miss that whole running-and-smashing some witless (that would be you) opponent into the dirt. Yep.

Australian rules? What the hell is that? Does one have to squeeze a koala until it squeals and then slam-dunk it into some joey's pouch?

Or, if you'd prefer, send me a set-up where I can pound your pixeltruppen into the muck. It's been awhile since I've had to coerce my dog into parsing Aussie into human speech. The barks and whines are a bit confusing, but infinitely easier on the ear than your local patois'.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

That would be the Yank version of Rugby, the pansy - passing - throwing - girlie game, I presume ?

REAL MEN play Australian Rules.

Noba.

Hows abouts you spend your life savings to buy a ticket up here so's I can teach you a lesson on how to 'girlie'-up? I really miss that whole running-and-smashing some witless (that would be you) opponent into the dirt. Yep.

Australian rules? What the hell is that? Does one have to squeeze a koala until it squeals and then slam-dunk it into some joey's pouch?

Or, if you'd prefer, send me a set-up where I can pound your pixeltruppen into the muck. It's been awhile since I've had to coerce my dog into parsing Aussie into human speech. The barks and whines are a bit confusing, but infinitely easier on the ear than your local patois'. </font>

As for the REAL GAME. Ask Mace. He comes from a looooong line of supporters who follow a losing team - "TO INFINITY, AND BEYOND !"

Hey, I was alive last time that uber-footy team won the grand-final. tongue.gif (worth a smiley just to show my contempt)

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

As for the REAL GAME. Ask Mace. He comes from a looooong line of supporters who follow a losing team - "TO INFINITY, AND BEYOND !"

Hey, I was alive last time that uber-footy team won the grand-final. tongue.gif (worth a smiley just to show my contempt)

Mace </font>

[... and from a bleak, desolate, rain-soaked shed that accommodates everything remotely grey or heavy, a snout emerges to sample the day's teasing prospect of excitement, optimism and the fun-packed joy of tripping lambs and Julie Andrews draped across an Alpine slope]

*sniff* ... oh, SirReal... better make a note...

*sniff* ... if crayons were thick enough...

...ummmm, this one will do: ahem, .... "Scandinavian"... ummmm... suppose that's it, really, not much to add... well, terrific... marvelous... one just can't get enough variety.

I'll try it again.

Scandinavian.

Scandinavian, Scandinavian.... Volvo, fjord

Remarkable... does it come with a helmet? With horns?

Yeknod

[ June 21, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Close. Very close, Leeeeeo, my worst coast friend. "Aussie Rules" for the game (I won't call it football because it's not really football. Only 'Mericuns play REAL football) means several things:

Shadrach) Teeth are optional.

Meshack) As are functioning braincells

Andawaywego) But lots of frilly taffeta is a must!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

Close. Very close, Leeeeeo, my worst coast friend. "Aussie Rules" for the game (I won't call it football because it's not really football. Only 'Mericuns play REAL football) means several things:

Shadrach) Teeth are optional.

Meshack) As are functioning braincells

Andawaywego) But lots of frilly taffeta is a must! </font>

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

*sniff* ... oh, SirReal... better make a note...

*sniff* ... if crayons were thick enough...

...ummmm, this one will do: ahem, .... "Scandinavian"... ummmm... suppose that's it, really, not much to add... well, terrific... marvelous... one just can't get enough variety.

I'll try it again.

-snip- more mindless drivel

What is this? Is this unfinished proto-amoeba trying to insult me? That was the lamest, most inane posting by an invertebrae, ever.

No wonder the Olde Ones were pleased with my emergence from the Great Lurking Caves, if this is the kind of sleep-inducing garbage they've been forced to read.

Retreat back to the misty foothills of Mount Moron, and don't come back until you've developed some rudimentary brain functions.

/SirReal

Originally posted by SirReal:

What is this? Is this unfinished proto-amoeba trying to insult me? That was the lamest, most inane posting by an invertebrae, ever.

No wonder the Olde Ones were pleased with my emergence from the Great Lurking Caves, if this is the kind of sleep-inducing garbage they've been forced to read.

Retreat back to the misty foothills of Mount Moron, and don't come back until you've developed some rudimentary brain functions.

/SirReal

[blinks, slowly, with growing gloom]

*sniff* ...appendix:

Scandinavian... without horns

Yeknod

Aaaaah. A non-turn-returner, returns. To post plausible psuedo knowledge on life, the universe and AUSSIE RULES. Perhaps with your bountifull knowledge, my sludge filled, empty headed Ohian, you could give me something to do on this supposedly wet night in paradise.

Noba.

You could always take a nice relaxing bath with a small kitchen appliance. Say, a toaster?

Just got back from the M.A.P.S. airshow. Not as many planes as last year and our timing wasn't that good today. Well, except that as we were getting in line, these people in front of us GAVE us two tickets because they'd bought too many, so that saved us $20. So, in that respect our timing was great, but other than that...

The B-17G had just landed, so all we got to see of that was it taxiing in, and the P-38, a plane I've never seen in action, had flown several hours earlier (even though the schedule said it wouldn't fly until later that day), so I only got to see it static. I was able to get up close and personal with it, though.

Last year, they had several Corsairs, but this year it seems they invited every Dauntless they could find.

Speaking with some people from Pennsylvania who work with another preservation society, I found out that they are working on (get this) a P-61 Black Widow! It won't be ready to fly for a couple more years, but when it does, it'll be the only one in the world that's operational.

After that, we got to see an impressive display of aerial maneuvers from a pair of A-10 Warthogs and then it was time to come home.

And how did all you losers spend your Saturday?

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>And how did all you losers spend your Saturday?</font>

Drinking gin and tonics while waiting for one of you other losers to send me a turn. Speaking of which, don't you owe me a setup? Or aren't you over your Tiger-fright yet?

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

<font size=-1>And how did all you losers spend your Saturday?</font>

Drinking gin and tonics while waiting for one of you other losers to send me a turn. Speaking of which, don't you owe me a setup? Or aren't you over your Tiger-fright yet? </font>

Dear Nobo,

I don't know who you paid off or how you got a hold of the source code or what kind of deal you made with the devil. Your gamey purchase of many StuGs and Panthers in out small game has yeilded you a draw. A dead even 50-50 draw. I am still at a lose to figure how it worked out that way. I control 4 out of 5 VLs. Not just barely control but fully control. He controls acres of mud.

Love,

Elvis