So you want to be a Beta Tester? SC v1.07 Beta Released!

Hubert Cater

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone's cheering

the demise of the carrier bug. The new rule

puts the allies in a very weak position, drives up the bidding on version 1.07 games, and renders

aircraft carriers essentially useless. With

these rules, the British need to stop the axis in France, or spend the next 5 years fighting for a

lost cause.

Well-Dressed Gentleman

Fixing the carrier bug only corrects the carrier getting a strong defense by sitting in a port.

If that one fix has driven up the bidding, then people don't really understand the strength that air units have with Jet and Long Range techs.

All that has happened with the bug fix, is that you have to find a different way to protect your carriers while they build up experience.

Bug - v1.07b - I think due to the change in port control after surender of a country.

I've seen this in several games now. Under certian conditions, when VF falls to germany the ports will become Itialian and remain that way. This seams to happen when VF last's two turns but the ports are controled by Italy after the first turn, causing them to remain Itialian even though the hex and pluder go's to germany.

And another French (kind of, Vichy French)oddity is reported. I'm pulling these down left and right these days!

Originally posted by KDG:

I agree.

In version 1.05, USA's units were 10% cheaper, while USSR's units were 20%.

Currently USA's units are 5% cheaper, while USSR's units are 10%.

I believe Version 1.06 wanted to modify Ind. Technology because it was so powerful and everyone was investing in this tech (level 5 could give 50% cost savings). In what I believe was an unintended change was also the reduction for the initial setups for USA and USSR.

This effect was considered but it appeared that the overall effect was positive as the percentage reductions were still all relative and especially on the eastern front it allowed for some more mobility since the USSR could not build up as many Corps as it used to early on. From testing it allowed the Axis to make some greater drives early on, but the difficulty in maintaining them was increased due to the drop in overall number of units since any prior investment in IT reduced the number of units they also were able to build from pre 1.06 versions. Plus with the catch up system, if Russia invested in IT they could close any gaps if necessary with the Axis and if not they still start with a relative Level-2 IT.

I believe USA should start with at least level 2(10% reduction) and USSR at least level 3(15% reduction) to restore the initial play balance that was trying to be achieved.

Exactly, if you still feel it requires tweaking, this can easily be done from the Campaign Editor.

Hubert

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Hey HC! I've been playin around with this game for a while and what pops up as partisans? A fricken airfleet with a corps to guard'em. I thought you said there were no enhancements to the AI.

Glad to see you are still enjoying the game, but I think this may have just been a perceived surprise in the game as I definitly did not add AF partisans. ;)

Hubert

Originally posted by Iron Ranger:

Bug - v1.07b - I think due to the change in port control after surender of a country.

I've seen this in several games now. Under certian conditions, when VF falls to germany the ports will become Itialian and remain that way. This seams to happen when VF last's two turns but the ports are controled by Italy after the first turn, causing them to remain Itialian even though the hex and pluder go's to germany.

And another French (kind of, Vichy French)oddity is reported. I'm pulling these down left and right these days!

Ok I think I might know what is happening here, I'll take a look, thanks!

Hubert

Hey everyone, been testing and playing the newest patch and noticed a slightly vexxing... feature/bug. It seems that when you take over the United Kingdom, Free france surrenders as well. I know this normally isn't a big deal, but. in some circumstances it is a bit frustrating because I was working on a scenario that involved having the UK taken over with Free France fighting on.

Dunno if Free France can be 'decoupled' from the UK surrender and simply treated as an independant minor country that has no capital city and will never surrender, but it would be a nice little tweak.

thanks smile.gif

Mark

Finished my full campaign til May 1947 as the Allies (Axis set to beginner, +0 mod): Won major victory but at -50VPs. Just took too long and suffered enough casualties.

1) Tech tree definitely advancing faster. I'm not having to put in as many points as I used to to get higher tech.

2) Again much more agressive Axis AI which is good

3)no crashes (yay!)

Going to try it again as the Allies but with a different approach.

Bug Report

SC Manual - Upon a French surrender, all French units located within territories controlled by the United Kingdom, or any Allied Minor country will automatically become a Free French Unit under United Kingdoms control.
French Units in Canada, disband upon the surrender of France. This is counter to what the manual says.

-------------------

PS: In this patch the AI seems to be less likely to attack Denmark (and other minor countries).

PS: Hoping for post surrender partisans for Spain / Turkey / Russia, reclaim research chits AI routines for all major powers, occasional UK invasion of Ireland (for plunder & experience) and increased chance of Germany attacking Denmark, Greece, Vichy and Spain in 1939 Scenario.

[ June 04, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

and something else:

i an end-game against the AI i had conquered every country but the USA.

But each turn the game tried to collect income for UK-Minors, even though there were none on the map (so it collected 0 income). Maybe not a bug, but it was a bit annoying. When there is no UK / UK-Minor the game shouldn't try to collect income (visible on the screen).

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

Bug Report

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> SC Manual - Upon a French surrender, all French units located within territories controlled by the United Kingdom, or any Allied Minor country will automatically become a Free French Unit under United Kingdoms control.

French Units in Canada, disband upon the surrender of France. This is counter to what the manual says.

-------------------

PS: In this patch the AI seems to be less likely to attack Denmark (and other minor countries).

PS: Hoping for post surrender partisans for Spain / Turkey / Russia, reclaim research chits AI routines for all major powers, occasional UK invasion of Ireland (for plunder & experience) and increased chance of Germany attacking Denmark, Greece, Vichy and Spain in 1939 Scenario. </font>

The Siberian Transfer did not occur when German units went through a large gap between Soviet Leningrad and Soviet Smolensk. I was holding the Smolensk-Kharhov-River-Mine-Sevastopol line in 1942. German units were within three hexes of Moscow for two turns.

Vichy France did not fall after Paris, then Marseilles, then Algiers were captured. When Marseilles was captured, there was no end turn note that the Vichy government had moved to Algiers.

I've made a small update to the v1.07 beta patch which includes a couple of fixes for the recent fixes, a fix for the port control issue after countries surrender and a fix which properly allows Vichy France to surrender after the liberation of Paris by the Allies. The executable has now been optimized with a newer compiler so hopefully this will address some of the performance issues people have noticed. The beta is available from the same location as described in the first message of this thread.

Enjoy!

Hubert

Bug Report:

When submarines are raiding in both the Atlantic and the Med only the production loses for the submarines in the Med are subtracted from the British total.

Asside: I played a fair bit when the game was relatively new (versions 1.0-1.4). I recently picked it up and started playing again. It is impressive to see the continuing development. Thank you. George