So you want to be a Beta Tester? SC v1.07 Beta Released!

Hubert Cater

Interesting note on DOW against major powers. When Axis or Allies make a DOW against Italy or USA these countrys get one turns values of MPPs (180, 115). However when Axis make a DOW against USSR they get this large sum of MPPs, based on how later in the game the DOW happens, BUT it doesn't inclued the 480 she should also get on top of the 'delay' MPPs.

If you look at the 1941 senerio 'babarsosa' USSR starts with 1200 MPPs. The 750 MPPs USSR would normally get with a DOW in June 1941 and 480 for one turns production. If you play the Fall Weiss 1939 senerio and make a DOW in June 1941 USSR will only have 800MPPs - is this a bug or done on purpose? Remember there was a bug with the cash USA recived when a DOW was made and they had MPPs comming from the editor, same bug, different area?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The numbers are correct for Barbarossa I just forgot that at the beginning of any new game all sides do a one time collection of MPP, so this gives the USSR 720 + 480 = 1200 MPP at the beginning of the Barbarossa campaign, but if started normally (as you found) in 1939 and the Axis declare war on June 22, 1941 the USSR will start with the desired 720 MPP.

Either way this can be adjusted by editing the campaign using the Campaign Editor and resetting USSR income to 720 - 480 = 240.

Hubert

Either way this can be adjusted by editing the campaign using the Campaign Editor and resetting USSR income to 720 - 480 = 240.

Hubert

Wouldn't you use the editor to add 480 (or 460/riga) for the DOW by the Axis (not sure where the 240 comes from). This would be the one turn amount of cash they should recive plus the 'delay' MPPs (between 700 - 1000 MPPs). In your play-testing did you find that if russia is given this first turn DOW MPPs that she is too hard to attack, is this why it was left out but the other Major powers do get this one turn 'payout'?

Hey I thought you said you were done reporting bugs ;)

Ok what's happening here is Russia was always given a small amount of per turn income (going back to v1.0 of SC), I think it's roughly 10% of it's total per turn income until it entered the war where it's industry would then fully gear up etc. to 480 MPP. This is how it ends up with 720 MPP if you declare war on it June 22, 1941 with the 1939 Fall Weiss Campaign, if you declare war before then it will be less and after that date it will be more and so on.

This was as you guessed to represent it's active war economy and to balance things out gamewise. The addition of the bonus MPP's to Italy and USA (added in later versions of SC) was to provide a check for early declarations of war against the US by the Axis or by early declarations of war by the Allies against Italy (there was a bug as a part of this addition that overwrote any start amounts set in the editor for the US and Italy until the v1.07 fix).

The problem with the Barbarossa campaign is that I set the initial start MPP's for Russia to be 720 MPP's to match the exact amount they should have on June 22, 1941 if you began with the 1939 Fall Weiss campaign but forgot that at the beginning of each campaign each country does a one time collection so this is how Russia starts with 1200 instead of 720. So if you feel that Russia starts with too much then all you have to do is edit the start amount to 240 and when the Barbarossa campaign starts it will have the correct 720 MPP's (240 + 480 one time collection at start of campaign)

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I've asked you at least four times to change a 'turning' point aspect of the game, but to no avail.

You need to change who controls when the Russians recive the Sibeian Transfer. Did Hitler call Siberia and say now was a good time to send some troops or did the Russia military?

I would suggest the same system you have now but after Jan 1942 the Allied player can 'force' the Siberian transfer and recive the full amount allowed (two air, three HQs ect...). This should force game play back to a 'pressure' situation. Acomplish this goal by this time, or your going to get hit hard. This also rewards exellent allied play and penalizes poor axis play.

I find it increadly boring to work around this and see axis players use this bug as a crutch for poor/unenjoyable play that dgenerates down to the same static sequence of events in the 'cookie cutter' type of play.

As much as I dispise the LR Jets air race, at least thats even sided. Short of house rules I'm done playing untill this problem is fixed. I hope to see it in the final version of patch 1.07.

Why not have a default date for the Siberian transfer. Either its triggered by the location of units, or Russia gets the transfer in 1943(or whatever date is chosen, I'm not a WWII history buff).

[ June 16, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: KDG ]

I like the Siberian transfer, and realize that no patch is coming but I would like to see;

A. Siberian transfer event covered by FOW so Axis does not know it has executed.

B. The Soviets have the option to direct the Siberian transfer troops to appear in in the south of the country around Stalingrad.

PS: Hubert, thanks for a great game, its simple, "well balanced", fast playing, realistic, and great multiplayer. I play it about once a week. Looking forward to SC2 in Dec 2003 ;)

[ June 16, 2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Hubert --- Here's the bottom line. I've been playing SC for 8-months & it only cost me $25. I'd say that's good ROI for entertainment.

There has been lots of great requests for changes, but remember...when it comes to decision time for updates (& new games) you might want to check with the Legends & Icons for some advise: Terif, Zappsweden, & myself.

Happy owner of SC,

Rambo-Hollywood-Vegas

[ June 18, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Originally posted by KDG:

Why not have a default date for the Siberian transfer. Either its triggered by the location of units, or Russia gets the transfer in 1943(or whatever date is chosen, I'm not a WWII history buff).

Good Idea!

We need a limit on how long the siberians will wait.