Marco and other Mod Masters

Currently reworking UK Shermans up to the level of my US ones ( ie baggage, tow cables, 3 piece nose for Sherman V, etc.) plus assembling an option pack for M8/M20.

Next project: Gordon has asked me to do the Chaffee, so that's the one.

Work is rather intense, so don't hold your breath.

Well, I'm not really a mod master :D but I do have some irons in the fire.

Now let's see, where's that list ...

Madmatt's got whitewashed versions of Fernando's great Pz IV, Pz VA, Pz VG, PSW, SdKfz 250 and SdKfz 251 mods.

CM Mod Option Selector - a program to replace the current set of Allied batch files, so no more shortcuts to maintain and no more worrying if you've got the right version of the batch files installed.

Camouflaged versions of Marco's wonderful M8/M20.

The "full Monty" treatment of Magua's halftracks (UK, Canadian, Polish, UK Camo, US, US low viz, Cavalry, US Camo and Free French).

Camouflaged versions of M. Shane "Feldgrau" Petterson's cool Sexton mod. Actually 2 different versions to choose from in one convenient mod (a new version of my original "147th (Essex Yeomanry)" low res mod and a new Guards Armoured Division version to match my other UK camo mods).

Snow-covered versions of Fernando's Pz IV, Pz VA, Pz VG, PSW, SdKfz 250 and SdKfz 251 mods.

Hmmm, I think that's it, but I could be missing something. :rolleyes:

Gordon

Meditteranean terrian\buildings. This will cover Crete/Sicily/Italy. Long way to go but the terrian is all but done and the buildings I have started on. :eek:

Forgot to add, real life and work kind of get in the way at times. :(

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: alla_keefek ]

I've just given Fernando's beautiful late G Panther a very late war camou of factory-applied dark green over red primer with yellow/tan accent stripes (no ambush pattern spots). Very dramatic, looks like nothing else I've seen offered to date. Once I've finished it I'll see if anyone wants to post it on their website.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:

Well, I'm not really a mod master

CM Mod Option Selector - a program to replace the current set of Allied batch files, so no more shortcuts to maintain and no more worrying if you've got the right version of the batch files installed.

Gordon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you give us some details on this?

Great news fellas! Has anybody considered going after any of the Churchills/Cromwells in hires? I'd love to see these brought up to the new high, set in the last few months?

All of you Modders have done a great job for us CM addicts and Mod Sluts and are highly appreciated! Sounds like I am gonna have to burn a new Mod CD here by the time all this stuff is done!

BTW when the hell is the one man armor factory, Tiger, gonna come outta retirement?

If you are out there Tiger you are missed. You are one of the guys that helped reshape the look in which we play CM. Retired but not forgotten!

Mord

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Mord ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Can you give us some details on this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael,

Well we're still in the final testing stages, but so far the testing has gone pretty smoothly (knock on wood).

The objective is to replace the existing set of batch files and shortcuts with a simple, graphical program that's data driven. The data consists of the list of all the BMPs making up the US/FF vehicles (and guns, and eventually infantry, probably), the Commonwealth vehicles and a set of rules to be applied for each of the existing batch file transformations (e.g. British, Canadian, US low visibility, etc.). All the existing Allied batch file mods work with CM Mod Option Selector (once you install a "patch" mod that fixes some screwed up names for BMPs in some of the older mods) and new mods designed for CMMOS are much easier to create since you don't need to create/modify batch files, you simply need to follow the naming convention for each transformation you want to support.

In short, it's a miracle. :D

Gordon

Oooops , forgot to say that the Panther G has been sent to CMHQ , that was a few days before MadMatt went AWOL ;)

Also have a PzGrey base w/cammo Panther G Late in the pipeline. This is based on Maximus work on Fernandos Panther G Late.

Regards

MÃ¥kjager

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mord:

Has anybody considered going after any of the Churchills/Cromwells in hires?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tiger did a couple of nice hi-res churchills. At least I think they're hi-res. They look great in any case. I'm using the non-weathered one now. IIRC it's at Manx's site.

Someone must have done a Cromwell at some point as the one I'm using is not stock, although I don't know if it's hi-res, and I don't remember where I got it.

What I'd really like to see is a winter Churchill and winter Cromwell. AFAIK no one has done one of these.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mord:

Has anybody considered going after any of the Churchills/Cromwells in hires?

Mord<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mord,

Do you mean something like this....

Churchill%20IP%20shot.jpg

No, nobody is working on one that I know of.... ;)

Regards,

Shane

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Feldgrau ]