HBO "Band of Brothers Series"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fieldmarshall:

First before the Madmatt locks this... just waite for it to come out on video...like When Trumpets Fade...it will end up on the shelves no worry here.(Just hope the guns are louder)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It damn well better!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

I ain't paying for no stinking HBO. It'll probably end up on the History channel anyways.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Band of Brothers cost about $130,000,000. There's no way its going to the History Channel until sometime in the NEXT decade.

Frank

Spend up the extra $10 for HBO for two months and you'll see it, just cancel it after the series ends.

Think of it this way....its equivalent to 4 or 5 two hour moveies in the theater and I know you would all go spend $7.50 a piece to go see each individually (not counting the popcorn).

Anyway....as said before the History channel will not see it until after the 100th anniversary of Normadie and they will edit the hell out of it.

I'm a whore, I admit it. I went and signed up for digital cable just to get the clearest HBO picture I could. I have 10 top 'o the line blank cassettes sitting snugly next to my VCR. Each episode only airs 4 times before the next one comes so you don't have many chances to catch it. I bet they play them all back to back once the last show is over. That'd be cool. But until then, I'll have the clearest recording I can get to last me a lifetime.

Now, I just hope there's no freakin LOVE story... smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

But until then, I'll have the clearest recording I can get to last me a lifetime.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's coming to DVD for sure (although a few months late)! I hear the series will be comparable to SPR. Since we won't get a chance to see it on the big screen, the next best thing is cranking up the Schweres Maschinen DVD with DD/DTS 5.1 with anamorphic 16x9 display. It will last a lifetime too as opposed to VHS recordings which will be barely watchable 10 years from now. Time to wake up the neighbors again who had peace and quiet for some time now.

Herr Jung

Frank said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Band of Brothers cost about $130,000,000. There's no way its going to the History Channel until sometime in the NEXT decade.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, but I still ain't buying no stinking HBO. If the thing cost that much to produce, then you better believe that following the first showing, (and the showings month after month repeats on HBO), that some bright young nipper of a son-in-law executive producer will arrive upon the conclusion that they are losing money by not offering it for sale on video. Which, is pretty standard MO. The thing will probably be at Suncoast before HBO shows it for the fiftyfifth time the first month. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enoch:

Just caught the making of... feature on HBO. Not only do they have the Tiger replica built on a T-34 chassis from SPR but they also have what looked like a Jagdpanther. Looks interesting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errr, I thought the Tiger I in SPR was built on a T-55/62 chassis. The Tigers in Kelly's Heroes were built on T-34 chassis.

I'd be very surprised if they had a Jagdpanther. More than likely the Swedish SPG based on the 38(t) chassis which they used in SPR.

Beats me why they can't just basically go and hire the working Panzers (various) from the German Armour Museum. They should also be able to, if they really scrounge around, get a few running Mk.IV's from Spain (last user of).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedy:

What channel and when?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Channel 9, here in Oz is advertising BOB. Its a free-to-air network. As Simon indicates he's in Perth, as I am, I'm sure we've seen the same adverts.

What I'd like to find out is what is the basic premise of the show. Is it SPR extended or is it going to be more realistic than just Sam Pechinpah directs Combat?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Errr, I thought the Tiger I in SPR was built on a T-55/62 chassis. The Tigers in

Kelly's Heroes were built on T-34 chassis.

I'd be very surprised if they had a Jagdpanther. More than likely the Swedish

SPG based on the 38(t) chassis which they used in SPR. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The guy in the making of special said the Tiger was built on a T-34 chassis. He could be wrong I'm just repeating what he said.

I doubt it is an authentic Jagdpanther but it looked like a pretty good replica. Of course I onlt got a 2 or 3 second glimpse of the thing.