Is there any demand for a Sherman LR Full pack?

I have nearly finished converting the mod, but I'd like to know whether there's any demand for it.

This is a fact-finding exercise to determine the sorts of packs I need to make in future. I'd like to ensure that everyone is covered, but don't want to release versions nobody ever uses.

Definitely, Marco - as discussed earlier with the hi-res Canadian mods. I forgot to thank you for your offer, and to indicate my interest.

I would be interested in lo-res Canadian Shermans for my personal use, and with your permission, hosting on my site.

------------------

CANUCK: Clothing, Equipping and Employing the Canadian Soldier in Combat Mission

Every mod (sans terrain) that I have downloaded has been hi res, and they haven't influenced game speeds in any appreciable way, so, for myself, I would not be looking for low res vehicle mods. If they happened to look kick-ass, I might get them, but I doubt it. People whose machines are wheezing may feel differently though.

Not interested in your LR shermans Marco. The HR is the way to go.

What I'm really interested in is a complete Cav set. The Chafee and the Sherman rendered like your M5s and M8s. Could even do jeeps and other light recon vehicles with the air panels.

Thanks for taking in put.

Speaking as someone whose machine (Gen One iMac w/ 32 MB additional RAM) theoretically

shouldn't even run CM, I'll take that diamond any way you care to mount it, Marco, especially since I either run at 640 x 480 or not at all.

I'd love to be able to run at high res using your beautiful mods, but I simply don't have enough computer to pull it off. Sigh.

Keep up the great work!

John Kettler

First a big THANK YOU....I love the work you've done. I did notice a slowing of my PC (16 meg Graphic card) with the Hi-Rez. My solution was as 64 meg Graphics card...LOL. So I am certain there is a real need for your gems in lO-Rez.

Guest SS Peiper

Marco I think its a good idea to have the option of either Hi or Low-res full packs just in case it starts to become a problem. I like big battles to and with all the Hi-res mods I have I know its going to be a problem someday. What are you going to work on next for us Mod sluts.

SS Peiper

OK, you're probably gonna flame me for this, but I just gotta... biggrin.giftongue.gif

Yep, those iMacs, et al. Great gaming machines! rolleyes.gif For those supposedly faster rated MHz ratings they sure do pack a low punch for VRAM.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-03-2001).]

I, personally, am not interested in low resolution mods *if* high resolution mods of the same vehicles are available. Given a choice, I will always download the high res version.

------------------

expert \'ek-,spert'\ n : someone who knows more and more about less and less until eventually they know everything about nothing

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I would be interested in lo-res Canadian Shermans for my personal use, and with your permission, hosting on my site.

Michael, in case you missed it, the Sherman III/V and Firefly/IIa mods of Marco's (Fullpack versions) are available in low-res and include full Canadian textures. That covers all the Canadian Shermans in the game since they don't get the Sherman II.

I think these are at CMHQ (going from memory here). If you can't find 'em e-mail me and I'll send them to you biggrin.gif

- Old Dog

Okay, LR Full Pack is a definate.

Old Dog tells me that the LR Plainpack is fully checked, and will be up and available in a day or so.

Expect LR Full pack by the weekend. (Time for testing.)

Also I'll try to make a set of hull-top textures with nasty bright orange things for those with sunglasses.

Michael, in case you missed it, the Sherman III/V and Firefly/IIa mods of Marco's (Fullpack versions) are available in low-res and include full Canadian textures. That covers all the Canadian Shermans in the game since they don't get the Sherman II.

I think these are at CMHQ (going from memory here). If you can't find 'em e-mail me and I'll send them to you biggrin.gif

- Old Dog

Thanks for the offer! I think you mean the camouflage ones? I don't like these, in fact, I did my own LR Sherman III and V. The mickey mouse camo wasn't too commonly seen on Canadian tanks - and I think they had the red/white/red flash only seen in Italy on them?

But if a new single colour one comes out, sans markings, I would be definitely interested. I am not thrilled with the way my suspension turned out, for one, and since Marco is already working on something better...

Sorry, thought that that was what we were talking about here.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Thanks for the offer! I think you mean the camouflage ones? I don't like these, in fact, I did my own LR Sherman III and V. The mickey mouse camo wasn't too commonly seen on Canadian tanks - and I think they had the red/white/red flash only seen in Italy on them?

But if a new single colour one comes out, sans markings, I would be definitely interested. I am not thrilled with the way my suspension turned out, for one, and since Marco is already working on something better...

Sorry, thought that that was what we were talking about here.

Michael,

I think you've gotten a couple of mod packs confused. Old Dog is referring to Marco's current UK/Canadian/Polish Firefly, Sherman III/V and Stuart mods - no camouflage and yes, red and white hull flashes on the Canadian vehicles.

You seem to have mixed that up with my camouflaged variant of Marco's mods - Guards Armoured Division with Arcs-style (on the Fireflys and Shermans) or Mickey Mouse Ears-style camouflage (on the Stuarts). This mod is UK-specific, and doesn't modify any of the Canadian or Polish textures.

It is a common point of confusion. smile.gif

Removing the red and white flashes from the Canadian vehicles is trivial, but you might want to wait for Marco's next revision if they concern you so.

Gordon

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

Marco, given the looks of your earlier Low-Res work I see no reason for you to do the Hi-res stuff. smile.gif

The Low res looks just as good and runs better on the computer...

Cheers

Olle

I'm with you Olle. With the quality of Marco's stuff who needs hi-res? Plus my lower end computer will run it with ease. Please let us know Marco when they're ready & where to download them fromm as I for one can't wait for your excellent mods.

Regards

Jim R.