Warning: A Wierd Combat Mission Subculture is developing

"Uber tank", "Gamey" ("Gamey Bastards"), "Hamsters at War", "The Peng Thread" and its endless permutations, that "Rob Guy", "Gamey Tactics", "Modders", "Modsluts", "OT", "locking up threads", etc. The ASL thing, The zillion times we've debated the realism of SPR (knowing what SPR means), etc. Do you think our own wierd combat mission subculture is growing? Should we be lobbying for our own land in Montana or something? I mean, we have our own language and EVERYthing. Can you guys think of any other aspects of our wierd subculture? Just a thought.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

Oh no! BTS, do somefink!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, the "somefink" legend is pure CM lingo.....

A brief history can be found by searching for threads from CPT STRANSKY.

I wonder if this lad knows what he started by simply mis-spelling a word.......

[ 04-27-2001: Message edited by: DEF BUNGIS ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Franko:

"The ASL thing, The zillion times we've debated the realism of SPR (knowing what SPR means), etc. .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHEM...those of us at C2SPR debated SPR's realism when Combat Mission was only a gleam in Steve's eye...

In all seriousness, this is simply an extension of the natural interest in the Second World War displayed by young males. The lingo may be different, and things like "somefink" may be unique to CMers, but this is not a new culture, nor even a new phenomenon. The internet simply makes it easier to do what Squad Leader nuts have been doing since 1977 - get together and discuss a favourite period in history, and have fun doing it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Also, someone who runs a Stuart at top speed towards certain death just to see how far it will go after being killed with various types of weapons needs help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just SICK!

Stuarts don't go fast enough!

I do it with a JEEP!!!

They go much, MUCH farther after being hit. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Franko:

"Uber tank", "Gamey" ("Gamey Bastards"), "Hamsters at War", "The Peng Thread" and its endless permutations, that "Rob Guy", "Gamey Tactics", "Modders", "Modsluts", "OT", "locking up threads", etc. The ASL thing, The zillion times we've debated the realism of SPR (knowing what SPR means), etc. Do you think our own wierd combat mission subculture is growing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no! You don't understand. We are the mainstream. Everything else, like jobs, wives, family, the stock market, etc. is the subculture.

Hope this clears things up.

(Just trying to be helpful.)

Michael

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

That's just SICK!

Stuarts don't go fast enough!

I do it with a JEEP!!!

They go much, MUCH farther after being hit. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially when they go into those crazy circles and turns after being hit.

Hehe...good thread, Inner Croda. Someone or somefink in that thread reminded me of another item that is fairly unique to our culture. We may not have invented it, but many of us have made it our Creed. I'd tell you what I'm talking about, but you can figure it out on your own...

DO A SEARCH!

;)

I must object! I find this whole subculture to be extremely gamey! I just lost my übertank to a shot from a soda can. :mad:

Furthermore the peng challengede needs a patch as some members seem almost immune to close assaults even with .50 caliber machineguns!

BTS, do somefink!

:D