And Lo...Across the wide expanse there came a rumble from CMHQ...And it was GOOD!!!!

That's all? :D

Seriously, thanks for the Father of all Updates and congratulations on improving CMHQ.

I noticed on the first interface mod by Deanco (updated English version) it says English is changed to French. I think that is an error.

[ 05-27-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

Good news for all that.

Combine a long standing good all around CM site with one famous for its Serial Updating and that's it...

:D

And yes Ryan, the English interface should say ENGLISH PATCH.

There is no translation in it, just the changing of the Clipboard to Brass screws (another Applicationist festival, you should see the base URL to get a glimpse on how DeanCo and I work) so that it would be up to the others' standards.

Added benefit is that it is now even less cluttered and obtrusive than it was.

More readability all around...

[ 05-28-2001: Message edited by: PawBroon ]

Thanks Madmatt! Great work and I am glad to see some new people coming on board to keep THE Combat Mission Headquarters the best

Hey SuperTed, a coupla questions:

First, are all the news items you post going to go to the CMHQ? For instance, I thought I saw an Apui-feu u[pdate a little while ago on Forward Observer that didn't make it to Madmatts site, but maybe I missed it.

And two, when news does come up, will you be putting it at the top o' the charts instead of at the bottom like happens at Forward Observer? Also, when you announce news, your link in you sig points to your homestead site, which leads to confusion (at least with me) Which site to go to? The CMHQ or the Forward Observer?

These questions, and more, can be answered by you...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperTed:

PB-actually, that was going to be in my next update. Now, I have to come up with something else. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oy! Serial Updater!

If you have any feedback about that MODing Walkthrough that was posted and as to if I should do the rest if there is enough interrest for it.

I plan to do that Walkthrough thing for every upcoming MODs.

I guess it helps to be able to see the final result and how it was done.

So far the only MODing for Newbies was just about the application of MODs and their different typology.

I hope that kind of MODing How To fills a slot...

PL,

I have one more update to post at Forward Observer. On Monday, I'll be making the official announcement that FO will no longer be updated. (A moment of silence, please. :() The update will NOT be added to CMHQ for "business reasons," but the official announcement will be.

Once FO is officially asleep, I'll change my signatures to include a link to CMHQ instead of FO. I was considering having both during the transtition, but I figured that would probably make things even more confusing.

Since I do everything manually at FO (eg. moving older news down the page when new updates were posted, cut/paste archived news, etc.) and I have no other webmastering experience, I came up with a system of posting updates basically out of thin air. So, things are not always as effecient as they could be. But, at CMHQ, the process I use to post updates is much more automated and streamlined. So, new posts will always appear at the top of the list.

Thanks for the questions. It helps us determine if we need to make changes.

PB,

To be honest, I have not had a chance to take a look at your article yet, but I really like the idea. I am sure there are several readers that will use the information you provide and take a crack at making some of their own mods. Since I have no artistic skills, I do find the idea of making mods to be quite fascinating. A lot of the stuff out there is simply fantastic and it would be intriguing to learn a little bit about how the artists go about their work.

If you are going to do a series, I would be happy to post a few dozen updates to track your progress. :D

Madmatt:

Just two words regarding the Stuart mods:

Outstanding artwork (once gain).

But there's a small issue with two of the files.

File #14432 (M8 HMC gun barrel) is missing in these sets:

gem_swos_stuarts_hr.zip

gem_sws_stuarts_hr.zip

Marcus

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike8g:

Madmatt:

gem_swos_stuarts_hr.zip

gem_sws_stuarts_hr.zip

Marcus<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've contacted Madmatt about getting the missing BMP added to the posted archives (GEM_Winter_Stuarts_hr.zip) is also missing the file. :(

My apologies to everyone, contact me at "g.molek@att.net" if you'd like me to e-mail you the file (you'll need to add it to the archive yourself), or you can wait and re-download the patched archive.

Maybe it's time for me to go to the "Old Modders Rest Home". :confused:

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike8g:

Madmatt:

gem_swos_stuarts_hr.zip

gem_sws_stuarts_hr.zip

Marcus<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FIXED! smile.gif