Why can't someone real start the Peng Challenge Thread?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lars:

I usually do that one in reverse order.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch out. Papa Doc Shaw will get on to you about drinking and doing things.

(Though Drinkin' and Drivin' should be taboo.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leeo:

Watch out. Papa Doc Shaw will get on to you about drinking and doing things.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that how Joe Shaw came into this world? Considering that... he could be the poster child for sobriety.

Jeff

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: jshandorf ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

But in any case ... YOU'RE WRONG ... I've NEVER seen the M.B.T. referred to in that way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been a while since I pointed out that you, Shaw, are an idiot. You really should be careful of accusing an Olde One of being wrong... we have long memories and, unlike some, have been around since the beginning. Let me direct you attention to the original reference to Its a Mutha Beautiful Thread and it will always be there. Orginally posted by GITom on page 42, volumn 1 of the sacred tome of Peng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Been a while since I pointed out that you, Shaw, are an idiot. You really should be careful of accusing an Olde One of being wrong... we have long memories and, unlike some, have been around since the beginning. Let me direct you attention to the original reference to Its a Mutha Beautiful Thread and it will always be there. Orginally posted by GITom on page 42, volumn 1 of the sacred tome of Peng<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> First, with regard to the above, kindly allow me to say ... HAHA, MADE YOU LOOK! ... childish you say ... {sigh} yes ... wasn't it.

Further, however, you yourself said in the self same thread: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I always look forward to pointing out you ignorance. "The Thread of All Threads" crashed the server. This is "The Only Thread That Matters." Get it straight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Then, even later in the thread, you changed once again and stated: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Welcome to the It's a Mutha Beautiful Thread, and it will always be there ... GITom, I loath admiting this, but this is brilliant! Pat yourself on the back laddie.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Now how is one to keep track of your chemically altered states of mind which induce THIS name being the right name or THAT name being the right name. I, quite naturally, took your FIRST word as THE definitive word and ignored all after, thus, I was correct.

However, let us not forget ... HAHA, MADE YOU LOOK!

Finally I re-read, with some pride, one of my finer opponent descriptions which I share now: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Please forgive Lower GI, he's pretty much in a fog at the best of times and having lost two of his three AFV's on consecutive turns has loosened the setscrew on his already slipping cogwheel of reality. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The old days are gone for good, Berli.

Joe

Just an addition to the Peng reading list:

The Monty Python TV series script collection (forget the title right now, am at work, will provide from home if there is any interest)

Any of the Flashman books

The Callahans Crosstime Saloon series, and related spin-offs

Anything by Heinlein, particularly Starship Troopers, (note: NOT the expletive-deleted movie which happens to have the same name)

Game updates:

Just started a small scenario with Speedy, in which I have three infantrymen, one officer and a sharpshooter defending on a small map in heavy fog, AND the forced setup locations SUCK. No idea what the attacking Yankees have, as they haven't blundered into me yet. He better hurry, it's only ten turns.

Also started a match against someone who turns out to be a SSN, but since he mostly lurks here I was fooled into accepting. As he is an SSN, no more updates, unless I actually manage to win. As I am assaulting a german held town with green Yankees across an open billiard table, I am not holding out much hope.

That is all, everyone return to their mundane existence

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

(remember "Deliverance"?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, no, I do not. Apparently you've found some driving force within that movie that makes it stay foremost in your mind. Makes you want to take a long canoe-trip on a back-water river, does it? Makes you want to shoot the rapids, and "squeal like a pig", eh? Why, I bet you're quite good at it. The squealing, I mean.

Me, I just partake in "outdoor experiences" to kill things and get in touch with nature (no better way to touch nature, really, than fondling its innards).

No need to defend yourself, city-Lawyer-boy. I'm sure your greatest outdoor experience involved waking up in the vacant lot behind the new K-mart down the road and trying to navigate your way home. Did you take your compass and plenty of bottled water? No, more likely you endured the trauma of calling a cab and having them take you the 7 blocks to that Ranchero-de-la-asphalt you call home.

Ya city-fied git!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roborat:

Anything by Heinlein, particularly Starship Troopers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I agree that anything by Heinlein is definitely worth the effort, I must point out that for SSN required reading, Time Enough For Love is much more appropriate for the MBT

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leeo:

Me, I just partake in "outdoor experiences" to kill things and get in touch with nature

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Did ya kill all the lice?

2. Did nature get excited when you touched it?

10 something eastern - elvis has bailed on our date - need some tcp - ssn's need not apply.

AIM and ICQ both open. Invisible on ICQ. Send and I will get.

The window is closing fast. Several bottles of McEwan's Scotch Ale have slipped in the gullet.

Swine.

Peng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roborat:

Just started a small scenario with Speedy, in which I have three infantrymen, one officer and a sharpshooter defending on a small map in heavy fog, AND the forced setup locations SUCK. No idea what the attacking Yankees have, as they haven't blundered into me yet. He better hurry, it's only ten turns.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Yanks have captain and a jeep( without a bloody mg).

So it would be greatly appreciated if your troops would march out onto the road and I will see if I can drag Lars out of the pub and get him to drive the jeep.

I am now in the new house. The movers were finally here this morning with my stuff so I no longer have to sleep on the floor, it is only a matter of choice, or as we delicately say, a "condition". I have just now fired up the Big Rig (instead of the laptop) for the first time in a week, and collected the pathetic mewlings to this addy for the first time in a while.

To the idiots who wondered what happened to me: You Idiots.

I have posted updates here (where else?) on the fact that I was moving my entire life to Foobarland (SoCal), and so I have. This is hardly a matter of bundling my spit cup and my lucky bent coin into my kerchief and heading for the Greyhound terminal, as with some of you who queried, but an OPERATION. Phase One is complete. The stuff is here.

Now I only have to drink, clean, paint, rewire, and unpack, in order of importance. Careful readers will note that I had a head start on this (the drink part) a post or two ago. CMBO will start being phased back in (this is the longest I have ever been away from it and it feels funny) as time permits, beginning with tomorrow's SoCal CM get-drunk-together as advertised elsewhere.

Peng has, as usual, tested the ocean floor of my estimation, by neglecting Nietzsche (the only comedic philospher) from his liszt. The only salvation was including "Confederacy of Dunces", a book with a lesson, that being that if you want to write one of the funniest American novels ever, you have to die right after. I urge you all to attempt this. Don't post it here but have your mumma do so posthumously.

The awful SSN (shouldn't it really be ssn?) that plopped by was dealt with quickly, but not really, really brutally. I was a little disappointed. Prease tly a rittle harder!!!

Back to unpacking, ta for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

(sit down Bauhaus ... and send a turn ... you're worse than Peng).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm flattered....comparing me to the great one. By the way, it's been nuts here, ask Moriarty and Berli. A house done blowed up (guy offed himself by seeing how high his house could fly filled with natural gas and a lighter), a science experiment gone bad and 7 kids caught fire and just general stupid stuff happening all week. News happens.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bauhaus:

I'm flattered....comparing me to the great one. By the way, it's been nuts here, ask Moriarty and Berli. A house done blowed up (guy offed himself by seeing how high his house could fly filled with natural gas and a lighter), a science experiment gone bad and 7 kids caught fire and just general stupid stuff happening all week. News happens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know what you're talking about, slacker boy. And don't implicate me in your excuses for ignoring such a fine, upstanding kanigget as Sir Joe Shaw.

And to Mark IV, congratulations on the successful completion of Phase 1 of the Mutha Beautiful Moving Operation. Are we drinking single-malt scotch or martinis?

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Mark IV, Fresno is not "SoCal." It's just . . . well . . . Fresno. =\

But hey, if there's some kind of drunken SoCal CM orgy planned tomorrow, how come I wasn't invited?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to suffer like the rest of us who leave the pool for a while and do penance by reading every post since you left. Going on a two week vacation this summer nearly caused me to claw my eyes out trying to read the threads that went by during my absence. I imagine you'll be jamming pencils deep into your ears and trying to saw off your own head with a rusty hacksaw if you read the last zillion or so threads.

As for MkIV he's in Oceanside now-- further SoCal than you or I. 360 or so perfect days a year, and smog only when the wind is from the north. The San Diego/ Southern OC (that's Orange County, not obsessive/compulsive, though many of the grogs probably qualify as the latter) contingent is meeting in a seedy bar somewhere in that general vicinity. A bit of a long drive to meet with people who are just going to annoy you to death.

(edited to note that I was right the first time and that I am not quite as OC as Andreas)

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: chrisl ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Mark IV, Fresno is not "SoCal." It's just . . . well . . . Fresno. =\

But hey, if there's some kind of drunken SoCal CM orgy planned tomorrow, how come I wasn't invited?

Kitty =^..^=<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, the welcome return of Kitty to the MBT ... greetings. Hope all is well with you. The southern California contingent has some sort of soiree planned, but I'm sure they'll have a seat at the table ready for you.

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisl:

As for MkIV he's in Oceanside

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, that's Mexico. Since I won't be able to attend bring me back a black velvet and silver sombrero and some of those $10 a carton Marlboros they have, ok?

k