Why can't someone real start the Peng Challenge Thread?

Cheesy updates:

Sir Bambi Killer Lars is getting soundly overrun, trumped and trounced, though you can hardly fault him. It's just his evil hunter's karma catching up with him; this time he's the game. I'd rate the match Sharp Cheddar, for the thrill of trying to kill every last German on the same turn as he autosurrenders.

Panzer Leader is awol again as usual. Opening his rare files is like tonguing 3 day old cheese out of the gumholes left by a wisdom teeth operation.

Slapdragon is still slowly trying to put an attack together. By slowly I mean both scale time and RL time. On a positive note, he's taken to dropping some heavy arty on my village. This must be an act of desperation, since all his attempts to maneuver have just led to him dying lots. Naturally he can't assault across all that open ground without some preparation. Luckily, with my numerous FO posts I've got his movements under close observation. Up to now his 'preparations' amount to handing me targets piecemeal. I can't rate the game much higher than Monterey Jack. If he picks up the tempo a little it could rise to the variety with jalapeƱos in it.

Last but not least Jo Xia is busy these days, so our lads are frozen in limbo, hands clutching each other's throats in a violent standoff on the edge of some little Normandy town. Pure Limburger.

(edited for spelling)

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What poor addled CMPlayer fails to realize is that one does not charge across 1000 meters of open ground in a front assault without preperation. Also, since the flags and his forces are clustered at the very rear of the board, he cannot tell what I am doing or who is moving. Poor dumb Swede. Maybe I will donate money to the educate a Swede fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lars:

They pay teachers that kind of money?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell no, that is why I am only teaching part -time right now. But the educate a swede fund is needs money bad. Maybe not as bad as the educate a Finn fund, which has a nearly impossible task, but pretty bad all the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Come'on guys, lets some originality for once and stop making them so obscure...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, just for you

See Peng Challenge

Challenge, Peng, Challenge

[editted because it frosts Germanboy's b**ls]

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Berlichtingen ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Okay, start submitting new thread titles and PLEASE GOD, try and make them funny. The last few have just plain SUCKED ASS! Come'on guys, lets some originality for once and stop making them so obscure...

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree, MM. Nothing has been any good since my "Welcome to Peng Challengeville!" thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

For those of you who haven't been lucky to be on Mace's distribution list. He is sending out pictures of his new Amore

...guarenteed to put you off your tea<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I think he'd make a fine dandy recruitment poster for the MBT.

No one would be game enough to enter after that, and we'de have this place all to ourselves.

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

Slappy may be educated but he is needs grammar lesson bad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I was just taught for communication to occur, you have to get down on a person's level. I am glad you are not a Finn, or else I would be digging a tunnel right now, but I would be very happy to finish this game so I can at least get off the floor.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I am glad you are not a Finn, or else I would be digging a tunnel right now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This may be heretical but personally I find the Finns grand. Among other things they speak the most beautiful language I've ever heard. Even the drunken bums (and they are legio) sound like poets.

Among other things they speak the most beautiful language I've ever heard. Even the drunken bums (and they are legio) sound like poets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and no sentence is complete without a saatana, perkele or vitto to round it off.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

... and no sentence is complete without a saatana, perkele or vitto to round it off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah, even their swear words sound nice. I'll even bet they sound poetic while they're murdering each other.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

I totally agree, MM. Nothing has been any good since my "Welcome to Peng Challengeville!" thread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that was the first of the current line of crappy titles. Good to see some realization on your part.

And just what the hell was wrong with: One Peng to Pool Them All, and In the Challenge Malign Them? Honest to Gawd, there's NOTHING more mainstream than Tolkein, just wait 'till December and see the lines at the movies.

And guys, could we PLEASE (a) post some rules in the first post and (B) have them make SOME SENSE ... which should rule out Pawbroon immediately.

Joe

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

This may be heretical but personally I find the Finns grand. Among other things they speak the most beautiful language I've ever heard. Even the drunken bums (and they are legio) sound like poets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually my grandmother is a Swede and my grandfather is a Finn (Beck and Keeneu, the other two are Scots and I am most steeped in my Scottish heritage), and I have travelled through Finland. I find them warm people who drink a lot, drive badly, have horrible roads, cook well, are willing to share a drink (except for one town in central Finland where I thought I was going to be lynched for wearing a USA T-Shirt) and who have trouble understanding each other when they are in the cups (seems to be about 90% of the time).

Now Swedes I know better because Grandma. She used to hit me on the back of the head with a spoon and say "tush-minnie" or something like that. And when I would burn something down she would say "stoll yee" and pop me again.

I prefer my distant Scots though, since those relatives don't hit me with a spoon.