Why can't someone real start the Peng Challenge Thread?

Originally posted by Seanachai

Actually, isn't Donovan's over on Hennepin?

The Local has an incedible selection of Scotch (no not that OGSF pillock, the

good stuff) that reads like a dictionary. One of my friends used to bartend there but quit recently. Feh, paying regular price for drinks. Although Brit's Pub has a nice selection of UK beers and a bevy of attractive women, the food is typically British (e.g. crap). Nothing like boiled pees to ruin an imperial pint of Guinness. The only thing I can remember about Donnavan's is a drink called the "Dirty Girlscout". Note that it does not contain girls or scouts (nor Scots for that matter) but has Bailey's, Creme de Menth and Goldschlager I believe. It's been a while but they tasted good at the time. Glüeks is the oldest bar in Minneapolis and has excellant beer (litres of Glüeks Dark are something like $2.50 during Happy Hour). Combine that with the unusual food menu selection (Mmmmm..... Chicken Diablo with Portabello mushrooms and Habenero chipolte mayonnaise) or the deepfried Reuben eggrolls. Lyons Pub has a decent selection of beer, the food is good and I happen to know almost everyone that works there. I still know a few people at First Ave. but it's gone downhill in the past couple of years (Salsa Night anyone?). Other than that there is the Smiling Moose in uptown along with The Black Forest and Little Tijuana's. Aquavit in the Crystal Court downtown has great afterwork drink specials and the 8th St. Grill has decent prices and buffalo burgers. Sorry to sound like a City Pages bar guide but I do live in downtown and know it quite well. Since the Olde and Incontinent Ones sound like they prefer spoon feedings and nap time to actually having fun I won't mention the obvious. Maybe they'd enjoy Boom!, I heard they cater to the sophistication and pamperign that they are used to. Ever yours in Bastardom,

Hanns

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hanns:

Bailey's, Creme de Menth and Goldschlager I believe. It's been a while but they tasted good at the time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is one of the strengths of America that people of all proclivities can find their place in this great land. I am secure enough in my own liquidity that I don't find such a "preference" threatening in the least. I hope you can be happy with the choice you have made in life and wish you all the best.

But GOOD GOD, man, didn't you have PARENTS??? That's not a drink, it's like running the kids' trick-or-treat bag through the blender. A frickin' Mai-Tai umbrella would fold up and retract rather than be seen in such puerile trash.

Still, I think your life choice is very brave, and hope that you find whatever it is that you're looking for....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

But GOOD GOD, man, didn't you have PARENTS??? That's not a drink, it's like running the kids' trick-or-treat bag through the blender. A frickin' Mai-Tai umbrella would fold up and retract rather than be seen in such puerile trash.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should have bought your waitress one or two Mark IV. Then you wouldn't have to paint the house.

Alone.

Heh, heh, heh.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but the chicks dig it and it gets'em hammered...hehehehehe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Now I know sitting in a bar in downtown MPLS with a cold frosty in one hand and a lecherous eyeball on some short skirted girl sounds like fun and all but how about we arrange some CM TCP-IP play? I have 3 computers at my house with a network hub that has one more port available for say maybe a laptop. If you losers are going to be in town long enough we could maybe plan a evening of CM play.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peng is bringing a hub, and we are both bringing laptops, so TCP/IP is already in mind

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lars:

Should have bought your waitress one or two Mark IV. Then you wouldn't have to paint the house.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right. "Hey baby, how about after you're done puking, we go paint a house, and kill people on the computer..., yeah, we're into it, me and the guys here do it all the time", yeah, that's a real lost opportunity, there.

Anyway, I have boots older than that girl, and an extant GF meaner than a hull-down Jagdpanther with modeled optics. There's a difference between "ambience" and "ambulance" and I have learned the difference.

PS: How dare you address me directly.

Alroight! Glad to see that interest is beginning to manifest in the Twin Cities.

Minnesota CMers: Berli and Peng will be in town Sunday 10/20, and around until Thursday or so. I return from the hell that is the American South on Saturday, 10/19.

Dalem, Lars, Shandorf, etc. Contact Berli and Peng about meeting. Also, I can be reached via my work email, which I will send you toads so we can make some arrangements.

PS: How dare you address me directly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*splutter* Grreat strainin' caber tossers! Ye mad mae spill mah wee dram!

Funny bastaarrrd!

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

Loooorrrrraaaaakkkkkkk! Oh ... GAWD, I'm so ... so ... so ... TESTY! There, I said it and I'm glad, BTS can ban me if they like but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Bauhaus ... I can hardly stand to type his foul name ... HAS SURRENDERED to me!

So why is that a bad thing? Because this was a GRUDGE match damnit. After he won our first game with The Luckiest Turn in CM History I demanded satisfaction and we embarked on some gawd-awful Bulge THING.

So he sends his KTs up the only road where they promptly get popped by a combo of ATGs and 'zooks, meanwhile he sends his halftracks through the ONLY opening in the woods to the side where my 76mm ATG just has a field day with them. Finally he tries to send his infantry through the woods between the two forces just as my 60mm mortars get the range. So there he is, KT's strewn ALL over the one road, halftracks dead and burning in the pass and his infantry dying in bushel loads in the woods ... and he quits ... BECAUSE he's getting burned out on CM! Because it's not as much fun any more! Because work is getting nasty and he doesn't have the time! Oh sure he DID say "I don't have much of a chance." But then he qualifies it with the rest of the crap.

Okay, fine for you Bauhaus but come CM2 ... WE TANGLE!

Lorak: I take leave from my normal policy of ignoring wins in CM ... this was, after all, a matter of HONOR.

Joe Shaw: Tactical brilliance justly rewarded with a MAJOR victory of 93 points BUT negated in part by Bauhaus' refusal to acknowledge it.

Bauhaus: Oh ... just sit down ... 7 points.

Joe

I'll need to pipe in here and given an "Amen Brother" to Mark IV's accurate description of the waitress at Shakespeare's.

She was good.

Also, she didn't seem too freaked out by our talk of artillery and Japanese military history. Maybe she's used to geeks; the same cannot be said for the other customers, I think some of them were thinking of calling the FBI.

Anyway, as were you were, carry on with your grab-assing or tea party or whatever it is you do here.

Gyrene

I'll need to pipe in here and given an "Amen Brother" to Mark IV's accurate description of the waitress at Shakespeare's.

She was good.

Also, she didn't seem too freaked out by our talk of artillery and Japanese military history. Maybe she's used to geeks; the same cannot be said for the other customers, I think some of them were thinking of calling the FBI.

Anyway, as were you were, carry on with your grab-assing or tea party or whatever it is you do here.

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hanns:

Sorry to sound like a City Pages bar guide but I do live in downtown and know it quite well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

15th & Portland here. Downtown to the marrow. I realize I'm an unwashed infidel in the garden, but I had to throw on the BioHazard suit and wade in here when i caught wind of this Minneapolitan Muster. Perhaps the Loring would be too reminiscent of the Parisian sewers. Not that I've been invited or anything - I just can't believe that the Olde and Incontinent Ones© will actually stop posting long enough to assume Humanoid forms...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

Look who's talking about riff-raff: a lambophile who can't tell **** from shinola.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stand next to this shinola will you mate?

*studies CMplayer then the shinola*

Whatya mean?! I spotted the difference straight away!!!

Mace (PS beddie buy time for this little Macey, give my regards to the Scandinavian countries for me, will ya?)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Heads!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh. I'll get you for that one. And you made me pick it up again. Bastard.

Besides, none of you morons has mentioned the greatest sf writer ever. Henlein ... FEH!

philip k. dick rocked. Everyone must read "A scanner darkly". Or we'll shoot you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fairbairn-Sykes Trench Knife:

15th & Portland here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow-- how long have you been there? I lived at 16th and Park for 6 years (1990-1996)?

(And one more thing-- get out of the pool)

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: chrisl ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Glad to see that you cannot read...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he was referring to Henlein, not Heinlein. The former wrote a number of novels about chickens and other barnyard fowl, whereas the latter wrote science fiction.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisl:

No, he was referring to Henlein, not Heinlein. The former wrote a number of novels about chickens and other barnyard fowl, whereas the latter wrote science fiction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah! My mistake... I thought he had just misspelled it. Now that I think on it, an author of books about barnyard fowl does seem to be more Geire's style

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Glad to see that you cannot read... He has been mentioned several times<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad to say your grasp of the English language is so poor. The fact that you had mentioned a useless wank like Heinleinmeinkleinebein but not the greatest (at least the most confused and insane) of all sf writers, pkd, only goes to show that you, and I do mean all of you, are idiots.

I mean, which part of FEH! don't you understand?

Only an idiot would think that Heini belonged in the same sentence as "the greatest sf writer ever".

And nothing you or Marktheforthgradegrammarteacher say can make me edit the post so you can understand it. I know I'm right.